Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #16
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!
 
ohMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,811
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMickey View Post
Okay, okay... You got me. I'm in.

It's good to see some familiar faces on here! Seems like a good group to be accountable to!
hi Ashley!!!!


hops&dreams and Desiree -- i sent you a friend request on MFP....i'm monarchmomx2.......my 'other' username

ok well i didn't log back on here over the holidays to see everyone jump started...but honestly i had the worse ever virus that i can remember and just got over it last weekend. so i wouldn't have been exercising anyhow...i suppose i could've done better eating..but overall it wasn't so bad. and i'm just about in the frame of mind to toss the leftovers that aren't good for healthy eating anyhow.

i did get to the gym today....for those who don't know this is going to be my recovery time as well as losing weight. i had 3 major surgeries in the past 15 months and finally, FINALLY and on the road to healing and recovery. so if you knew me way back when (LMM)...sadly i am not anywhere near the fitness level i was 4 years ago. A long battle with Cushings disease (did anyone see the segment on dr Oz recently on Cushings?) and i am 50 lb heavier...lost all my muscle mass, and steroid dependent for life. so bear with me, there will be no Jillian workouts yet...but just being able to workout is HUGE for me and i'm ok with starting out slow
__________________


Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #17
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order
 
Desiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Baton Rouge, LA USA
Posts: 5,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissahac99 View Post
I'm trying to get back on track too. I didn't gain over the holidays but fell off of exercise and logging food intake. Restarted yesterday. I'm doing couch to 5K again. Have a 5K to train for on March 17. Also ordered jillian michaels beginner DVDs and 30 day shred. Between that and the running I hope to budge the scale. I track diet in my fitness pal and am hoping to stay under calories most days, which is my biggest challenge. I have lost 30 lb since DS was born but would like to lose 50lb more. Goal for this month is 5 lb. I'm doing the Jan exercise challenge and wish away the pounds jan challenge on this board for motivation and accountability.
Welcome to the gang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
hi Ashley!!!!


hops&dreams and Desiree -- i sent you a friend request on MFP....i'm monarchmomx2.......my 'other' username

ok well i didn't log back on here over the holidays to see everyone jump started...but honestly i had the worse ever virus that i can remember and just got over it last weekend. so i wouldn't have been exercising anyhow...i suppose i could've done better eating..but overall it wasn't so bad. and i'm just about in the frame of mind to toss the leftovers that aren't good for healthy eating anyhow.

i did get to the gym today....for those who don't know this is going to be my recovery time as well as losing weight. i had 3 major surgeries in the past 15 months and finally, FINALLY and on the road to healing and recovery. so if you knew me way back when (LMM)...sadly i am not anywhere near the fitness level i was 4 years ago. A long battle with Cushings disease (did anyone see the segment on dr Oz recently on Cushings?) and i am 50 lb heavier...lost all my muscle mass, and steroid dependent for life. so bear with me, there will be no Jillian workouts yet...but just being able to workout is HUGE for me and i'm ok with starting out slow
So glad you are on the mend and on the road to recovery! Just added you on MFP too!
__________________
DH: Me: DD (18):

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #18
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran
 
hops&dreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,061

OhMom - I remember you from when I first started running! Glad to see you're on the road to recovery. My plan is to get back into the routine of exercising, then start running again. There's a half that I might run/walk in May.

My real goal for the year is to get in shape enough to wear a swim suit in Europe late this summer. I'm hoping to go on a dream trip to Ireland for my best friend's Irish wedding (his bride moved here last March, and they had their American wedding in Oct, and I had a total eat-your-heart-out-baby! moment when seeing an ex boyfriend at that wedding - ha!) which will be a whirlwind tour of fun and tourism, and then on to Italy to see my sister and her husband and kids, who will be in my BIL's home town, so that would be a very relaxed, beach oriented vaca. Over 2 weeks away from work and my real life with my DH and DD... ahhhhh And then next year, we hit up WDW :-) Really though... this would be our first trip to Europe, and I want to be able to look back on the pics and think "what a great vaca!" not "ew, I look like a sausage in that suit!"

I did my 2nd day of Jillian last night when I got home. I'm mildly sore, which is better than I expected. The first time I did 30DS, I dreaded going to the bathroom, my legs were so sore!

Eating is on track so far, calorie wise. I'm way below on calories actually, because I hoard them then end up with over 400 at the end of the night. Any suggestions on that?

Oh, I did slip up this morning and have a donut at the staff meeting. But it was SOOOO good! And I only had 1. And there were 3 dozen donuts there. Leftovers are in the kitchen across the hall from my office. And I've been resisting them all morning. Although, I have to admit that I did look up their calorie counts. You know, in case I could "afford" another one. No such luck!

Desiree - what do you think you did to finally break through your plateau? I was stuck at 126 for forEVER and finally got down to 124. I don't know what I did, but now I'm afraid of being stuck again. (I was literally stuck there for over 3 months of working out, tracking calories, etc. I finally gave up and that's when it budged.)
__________________
hops&dreams It's a craft beer/homebrewer thing...

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

*missing having a ticker... I wanna go back!

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order
 
Desiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Baton Rouge, LA USA
Posts: 5,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by hops&dreams View Post
OhMom - I remember you from when I first started running! Glad to see you're on the road to recovery. My plan is to get back into the routine of exercising, then start running again. There's a half that I might run/walk in May.

My real goal for the year is to get in shape enough to wear a swim suit in Europe late this summer. I'm hoping to go on a dream trip to Ireland for my best friend's Irish wedding (his bride moved here last March, and they had their American wedding in Oct, and I had a total eat-your-heart-out-baby! moment when seeing an ex boyfriend at that wedding - ha!) which will be a whirlwind tour of fun and tourism, and then on to Italy to see my sister and her husband and kids, who will be in my BIL's home town, so that would be a very relaxed, beach oriented vaca. Over 2 weeks away from work and my real life with my DH and DD... ahhhhh And then next year, we hit up WDW :-) Really though... this would be our first trip to Europe, and I want to be able to look back on the pics and think "what a great vaca!" not "ew, I look like a sausage in that suit!"

I did my 2nd day of Jillian last night when I got home. I'm mildly sore, which is better than I expected. The first time I did 30DS, I dreaded going to the bathroom, my legs were so sore!

Eating is on track so far, calorie wise. I'm way below on calories actually, because I hoard them then end up with over 400 at the end of the night. Any suggestions on that?

Oh, I did slip up this morning and have a donut at the staff meeting. But it was SOOOO good! And I only had 1. And there were 3 dozen donuts there. Leftovers are in the kitchen across the hall from my office. And I've been resisting them all morning. Although, I have to admit that I did look up their calorie counts. You know, in case I could "afford" another one. No such luck!

Desiree - what do you think you did to finally break through your plateau? I was stuck at 126 for forEVER and finally got down to 124. I don't know what I did, but now I'm afraid of being stuck again. (I was literally stuck there for over 3 months of working out, tracking calories, etc. I finally gave up and that's when it budged.)
I am so eternally jealous of you going on a trip to Europe! Ahh one day! I also tend to "hoard" my calories. I have a hard time forcing myself to eat snacks but I have to or else I'll be under calories every single day by like 200-300 otherwise.

I finally had what I refer to as a "whoosh"! And honestly looking back on the month of December when I wasn't losing at all, I discovered that I was actually maintaining all along. I was only doing C25K for exercise 3 times per week and even though I was diligent with the calorie counts, the scale was just not moving. I have since bumped up the exercise and *voila* a loss!

So that plateau I can honestly chalk up to my stupidity I think....
__________________
DH: Me: DD (18):

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #20
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran
 
LittleMissMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 727

Well shoot...

First five days of 2013 and still no Jillian for this girl.

Made it to spin class today, though, and I'll be there again tomorrow. I really want to be doing both, so hopefully I'll squeeze another thirty minutes into today!

Hope you're all not posting because you're getting your Jillian on, but if not I hope you'll join me in recommitting, because, HEY!, it's still the first week of January.

Happy weekend!
__________________
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin
LittleMissMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #21
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran
 
hops&dreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,061

I have a confession to make... I skipped my workout of Friday. We went out to dinner to celebrate dd's great report card. By the time we got home, I wasn't feeling well. I did my workouts yesterday and today though. I'm hoping to double up sometime this week, so I can still start level 2 on the 11th.

On a brighter note, I was way under on my calorie intake today. I started the day with an indulgence (went to a movie with 2 girlfriends to see Les Mis) and had nachos and an icee, but then was so busy at home after that, I didn't snack or anything. And I got all my Christmas decorations put away, dd's closet purged and organized, all gifts put away, and 7 loads of laundry done!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
hops&dreams It's a craft beer/homebrewer thing...

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

*missing having a ticker... I wanna go back!

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:45 AM   #22
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order
 
Desiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Baton Rouge, LA USA
Posts: 5,356

I actually skipped yesterday too.. In my defense, it was scheduled c25k but it was raining and I didn't want to break up the middle of my day by going to the gym (it didn't open until 12:00 noon).

Soooo, I got my running in this morning and I'm proud to say that I actually ran for 2 miles! That's a HUGE deal for me! First time I've actually run that all the way without having to break it up with a walk. So I have a huge non-scale victory to start my day with!

How was everyone else's weekend?

Hops&dreams - How was Les Mis? I really want to go see it!

LittleMissMickey - I've opted to wait on Jillian at least until I get a new sports bra (jumping jacks HURT) or until I'm below 200lbs. Whichever comes first
__________________
DH: Me: DD (18):

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #23
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!
 
ohMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,811
DISboards Moderator

Desiree -- please send the Whoosh Fairy to me!!!

i'm doing pretty good...made it to the gym again this morning. i have 4 workouts planned and will be thrilled to get three in. I'm also weaning a step down on my steroid dose this week and it will slow me down....

and i bought a fitbit! my DD got one too and a couple of my friends have one so we are cheering each other one. i'm not really sure where to put my steps goal to be since i'm still recovery, so i'm trying 7,000 to start. i got over 6,000 today and i'm pooped! that was including my workout...a normal day for me without a workout was a pathetic number of steps! it was a little pricey...so i cashed in some best buy reward zone cert so i felt like it was more 'free' ...hehehe

but it's a new gadget to get me excited! i remember when my new gadget was a Palm PDA that i downloaded a free verson on WW journal on! i'm dating myself!!
__________________


Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #24
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran
 
LittleMissMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 727

Just a really fast post tonight, because I'm tired and I need to go to bed... the flu is running rampant at my school, so I want to make sure I have all of my defenses up!

I'm two days in with Jillian! I actually made a little something to motivate me: I took 2 little decorative glasses, put 30 little rocks in one of them and as I complete a Jillian workout I move a stone over into the empty one. Hopefully it helps keep me accountable.

Congrats to Desiree on the two miler! I finally went and ran with the run club at my gym because I was motivated to keep up with YOU! Keep at it!

ohMom - I want to try a FitBit so badly! Let me know how you and your day compare to what you expected, please!

Jhenn - Another want -- I hope to go see Les Mis this weekend... I also want my house to be as clean as yours!

Thanks for giving me a place to report to; this place serves up some great inspiration stew! (I just really wanted to use that little guy... never used him before!)
__________________
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin
LittleMissMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #25
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order
 
Desiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Baton Rouge, LA USA
Posts: 5,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
Desiree -- please send the Whoosh Fairy to me!!!

i'm doing pretty good...made it to the gym again this morning. i have 4 workouts planned and will be thrilled to get three in. I'm also weaning a step down on my steroid dose this week and it will slow me down....

and i bought a fitbit! my DD got one too and a couple of my friends have one so we are cheering each other one. i'm not really sure where to put my steps goal to be since i'm still recovery, so i'm trying 7,000 to start. i got over 6,000 today and i'm pooped! that was including my workout...a normal day for me without a workout was a pathetic number of steps! it was a little pricey...so i cashed in some best buy reward zone cert so i felt like it was more 'free' ...hehehe

but it's a new gadget to get me excited! i remember when my new gadget was a Palm PDA that i downloaded a free verson on WW journal on! i'm dating myself!!
Ohh oh I'd love to know how you like the fitbit! I'm very curious how accurate they are! Ahh Palm PDAs, I remember thinking at the time that those were the pinnacle of technology! Great job on those workouts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMickey View Post
Just a really fast post tonight, because I'm tired and I need to go to bed... the flu is running rampant at my school, so I want to make sure I have all of my defenses up!

I'm two days in with Jillian! I actually made a little something to motivate me: I took 2 little decorative glasses, put 30 little rocks in one of them and as I complete a Jillian workout I move a stone over into the empty one. Hopefully it helps keep me accountable.

Congrats to Desiree on the two miler! I finally went and ran with the run club at my gym because I was motivated to keep up with YOU! Keep at it!

ohMom - I want to try a FitBit so badly! Let me know how you and your day compare to what you expected, please!

Jhenn - Another want -- I hope to go see Les Mis this weekend... I also want my house to be as clean as yours!

Thanks for giving me a place to report to; this place serves up some great inspiration stew! (I just really wanted to use that little guy... never used him before!)
What a great idea about the glasses/rocks! Keep up the good work!

Hope you don't catch that nasty flu. My dd has been sick the last few days. I think her cough is FINALLY starting to loosen.

Thanks! I'm really proud of how I've done this week between exercise and food intake. Now if I can just keep this momentum going!
__________________
DH: Me: DD (18):

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #26
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!
 
ohMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,811
DISboards Moderator

good morning buddies!

so far i really do like my fitbit, i bought the "one" which is a little more expensive. my mom has a fitbit and told me to get this specifc model and it does alot. It tracks steps, floors, calories burned, activity level, sleep and food which i link to MFP. honestly i don 't know how truly accurate it is, but it seems telling. does that make sense? i'm really glad i bought it. there is an app for phones too, i have iphone and it works great; my DD has android and says it doesn't work great at all. if you have specific things you want to know about it, ask away!

today is a rest day from workouts and i need it! now to just be careful about what i eat so i don't blow the day.

DH and I are booking a getaway to Vegas with my bestie and her DH, in 7 weeks and i really want to lose 15 lbs before we go!
__________________


Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #27
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order
 
Desiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Baton Rouge, LA USA
Posts: 5,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
good morning buddies!

so far i really do like my fitbit, i bought the "one" which is a little more expensive. my mom has a fitbit and told me to get this specifc model and it does alot. It tracks steps, floors, calories burned, activity level, sleep and food which i link to MFP. honestly i don 't know how truly accurate it is, but it seems telling. does that make sense? i'm really glad i bought it. there is an app for phones too, i have iphone and it works great; my DD has android and says it doesn't work great at all. if you have specific things you want to know about it, ask away!

today is a rest day from workouts and i need it! now to just be careful about what i eat so i don't blow the day.

DH and I are booking a getaway to Vegas with my bestie and her DH, in 7 weeks and i really want to lose 15 lbs before we go!
Do you have to specify what you are doing each time? (like walking up stairs, walking on dreadmill - no that wasn't a slip lol, elliptical, etc?)

Vegas sounds like a fantastisc getaway! You can do it!

Today has been good so far here. I went to the gym since it's Week 8, Day 2 of C25K and each time I run in the gym my gps doesn't work so Endomondo couldn't get an accurate reading. So, I just kinda winged it with what I put in MFP and copied Monday's run from there. And I think that's gonna be it for me on the exercise front today. I did go to the gym last night and the plan was to only do a quick 35 on the elliptical but I started watching the tv show Luther on my phone and the next thing I know, 55 minutes had passed! So with that extra, I think I'm going to go straight home from work, get in my jammies and finally watch Downton Abbey from Sunday off the dvr before hubby gets home! I may even have a glass of wine!

Oh! I'm also toying with the idea of signing up for an actual 5K. The original plan was to finish the program (next week!!!!!) and then work on improving both time and distance before signing up for a real one. But I'm an avid LSU fan and one of the local charities is sponsoring a 5K that will involve alot of ex-LSU players. Soooo any chance to be in the vacinity with some former baseball players sounds like a good excuse to me!
__________________
DH: Me: DD (18):

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #28
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran
 
goofyfigment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,161

I need to be motivated. In 2010 i lost 80 pounds. In 2011 i maintained this loss, in 2012 i gained 25 pounds. So my goal for 2013 is to lose these pounds. I have started walking on my lunch and breaks and i have changed my eating habits. Not counting calories (even though i should) so im not sure if i am even making any headway.
__________________
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #29
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order
 
Desiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Baton Rouge, LA USA
Posts: 5,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
I need to be motivated. In 2010 i lost 80 pounds. In 2011 i maintained this loss, in 2012 i gained 25 pounds. So my goal for 2013 is to lose these pounds. I have started walking on my lunch and breaks and i have changed my eating habits. Not counting calories (even though i should) so im not sure if i am even making any headway.
Small steps! You know that you can do it!
__________________
DH: Me: DD (18):

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #30
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!
 
ohMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,811
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
Do you have to specify what you are doing each time? (like walking up stairs, walking on dreadmill - no that wasn't a slip lol, elliptical, etc?)
it automatically tracks stairs and steps. I do enter my workouts in MFP and it syncs. I have not walked on the treadmill with it, but i'm fairly certain it would count those steps as it did so when i workout out on the elliptical. It did not add 'steps' for the day when i rode the exercise bike. make sense?

here is what the 'dashboard' looks like which is what it automatically tracks, rough looking as the icons didn't copy over:


Activity

484 steps taken today

7% of goal of 7,000
.

0 floors climbed today

0% of goal of 10

Only 1 floor to get to your first milestone


..

0.2 miles traveled today

4% of goal of 5.00
.

601 calories burned

25% of goal of 2,407
.

65 active score

6% of goal of 1,000
__________________


Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.