Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
kvcycle
Mouseketeer

Talking Fantastic Couples Retreat on the Fantasy Dec 15th

Disney Fantasy 7 Night Cruise
Cast of Characters: Myself, and my wife Tawnya
Itinerary: St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, Castaway Cay
Dates: December 15-22, 2012

Now that the holidays are over and I am all settled back into normal life, I figured I would share my trip report with you all because I appreciate every other member who does this Plus, it will let me reminisce a bit.

Here we are, the happy couple and true kids at heart!

Onto day 1:
We live in Florida so we weren't in any great rush to start out 2 hour drive to the port. However, I really wanted to leave at 11 AM which in my wife's brain meant 11:30. We had a nice relaxing morning downing a whole pot of coffee and 11 AM came and went, and then 11:30 also passed us by. I was getting a little agitated, but we were on vacation so I was going to just go with the flow and not be my normal time obsessed crazy person. I think it was around 12:30 when we finally left the house, still not to panicked and happy to be finally on the road. My wife asks, "Are you sure we have everything?", my response, "Of course, I think we have to much!" Onto to Port Canaveral... or so we thought. About 30 minutes away, I abruptly slammed on the brakes and made a u-turn. I exclaimed, "I forgot out garment bag!" and some other non Disney words All of our formal and dressy clothes we hanging on the back of our bedroom door, very bad place to leave them. Drive back, pick up the final piece of luggage and hit the road again, now around 1:30. I am now freaking out a bit, but trying to keep it under control, while driving like Mario Andretti. The worst part was we made reservations at Park-n-Cruise so we weren't even going directly to the port. Somehow, we made it to Park-n-Cruise at 3:30 and were whisked away to the ship. Nice thing with someone else driving, I was able to get some good photos:

We were at the desk in the terminal by 3:45 and were heckled a bit by the staff in a friendly way. By the way, the terminal looked very cool all decorated for Christmas. We made it on the ship with enough time to walk to our room, check out our free gift:

and walk rather briskly to the lifeboat drill which is now inside and no more life vests. Odd to us and I miss the silly pictures we would take with our vests on, but a lot more comfortable.

By the way, the ship is gorgeous!!! The Christmas decorations added a nice touch and we both felt were just enough without being overwhelming. Our favorite was the ginger bread house which smelled amazing.

Despite a little skepticism, we attended the welcome aboard show and were very happy we did, we got pumped up for the rest of the entertainment and got a preview of the magician on board, Jason Bishop, who we both loved.

Dinner the first night was at Enchanted Garden and we got to meet our wait staff of Jaycon and Nelson, who I dubbed Jelson so I would remember their names Our only table mates who were another couple was dining at Palo so we could spread out comfortably which was perfect because I literally ordered every appetizer. Dinner was delicious, a huge step up from what we experienced on the Dream in September of 2011. We stuffed ourselves. I am not that impressed by the decor of the Enchanted Gardens, it is cute how it changes from day to night, but I think they could do a little better theming the area. Just my 2 cents though.

We walked around a bit and headed back to our room. It was a crazy day and we were going to take advantage of the free, yes I said free, movies on demand.

Despite me being super stressed about almost missing the ship, my wife's attitude was a more positive one. She was just happy we didn't have to wait in any lines, that's my girl.

Stay tuned for Day 2, and feel free to bombard me with questions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: