Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #451
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
Does anyone know if you can change the date? When I requested them several months ago I just guessed on the date we would be in Florida. Now I have booked a DCL cruise and want to go the day before our cruise, which is 6 days later than I requested. I called NASA and they seemed confused and asked me to call back a week before the ticket dates. But I need to make hotel reservations, etc, before then...
Just a guess, but I would contact your congressional office again and ask to change the date / basically request a new date. I think the number of complimentary passes is limited, so the tickets for the date you want may go to someone else.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #452
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Okay, thanks

I had thought about that, but with the election season going on I didn't want to bother them. But now that all of that is over, I'll shoot out an email.
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #453
Billinaz
Waiting to spend time in our home away from home.. cabin 12506!

Took us a few tries to get out Senator to get us the tickets. They typically assign a staff member to obtain them, and they are not at all up to date on these tickets. I got told that there were no shuttle launches, etc and when I gave them the info on legislative affiars office they requested the tickets for us.

Here is the current info on that:

Lisa Gibson
NASA Headquarters
Office of Legislative Affairs
300 E Street, SW
Washington, DC 20546
office: 202-358-1067
fax: 202-358-4340
Lisa.Gibson@nasa.gov

PAST CRUISES (13)
02/11/2004 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/03/2005 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 3 Day WDW and 4 Night Bahamas
02/04/2006 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Eastern
02/01/2007 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/04/2007 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 3 Night Bahamas
02/08/2008 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Eastern
02/07/2009 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Western
02/07/2010 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/27/2011 Dream Cabin 12506- & Cabana #3 Inaugural 4Night Bahamas
03/03/2011 Dream Cabin 12506- Missed CC - Inaugural 3 Night Bahamas
04/21/2012 Fantasy Cabin 12506 & Cabana #4- Inaugural 7 Night Eastern
04/20/2013 WDW Poly & Fantasy Cabin 12506 & Cabana 4- 7 Night Eastern
03/08/2014 WDW Poly & Fantasy Cabin 12506& Cabana 3- 7 Night Eastern
Billinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #454
pershing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pershing View Post
I wanted to share my recent experience in emailing my local representitives for free tickets.

I'm in the 10th District of Massachusetts. My local representative is Congressman Keating, who is up for re-election. My 2 Senators are Scott Brown and John Kerry. Scott Brown is in the middle of a tough re-election.

We were asking for tickets in April and I emailed all of them. Here's what happened.

Scott Brown's person emailed back right away stating that his office does not deal with requests of this nature in any way. Prompt but disappointing! I can see maybe his disapproval of expending tax dollars in this manner. Oh well! He's still one of the most handsome Senators in DC!

Kerry's office has not responded yet at all. He's the only one not running too. Although, he was supposedly helping Obama practice for the debates. Why, I don't know. Never thought of Kerry as a great debater.

Keating's office responded last by stating they signed me up for the tour....the DC Tour!!!! Emailed them back saying we weren't going to be in Washington and explaining that we were asking for Kennedy Space Center. I just received a response, they apologized and said they'd put in a request with NASA and will email me when they hear back. Whew!

I was wondering if the Space Center had switched from public to private hands and that's why people were having issues lately getting tickets. Now, I think it's just sporadic like another poster said. Some reps will do it, others won't. But whoever said start with your Congressman and not the Senators might be accurate. If you think about it; They are after every single vote in your small district as opposed to the Senators and maybe more willing to put out the effort.

I'll post back what happens next.
I wanted to add to my experience for the sake of accuracy.

On November 27, I did end up receiving a response from Senator Kerry's Office. I didn't notice it until today:

Quote:
I wanted to let you know that we have received and processed your request for 4 tickets to the Kennedy Space Center on April 11th, 2013. I will let you know when I hear back from the Kennedy Space Center! Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.

Best,

Stephani

The Office of Senator John Kerry

202-224-2742
I wish I had seen it so that I could have emailed her that we were all set 'cause she emailed me back yesterday 12/4:

Quote:
I wanted to let you know that I heard back from the Kennedy Space Center, and they said they have already granted your request through Congressman Keating’s office. I hope you enjoy your time!

Best,

Stephani
So, Senator's do also respond for requests. Just at a slower pace in my case.

Good Luck to everyone!

Sue
01/02/14-01/05/14 Disney Magic 04/13/13 - 04/20/13 Disney Fantasy 04/19/12 - 04/22/12 Disney Dream 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 Disney Dream 05/10/09 - 05/14/09 Disney Wonder 04/14/07 - 04/21/07 Disney Magic 01/15/05 - 01/22/05 Disney Magic 11/13/03 - 11/16/03 Disney Wonder

Last edited by pershing; 12-05-2012 at 06:26 AM.
pershing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #455
Mrsantolini
Earning My Ears

Free tickets

I got my confirmation today for the free tickets to Kennedy space center in Orlando by contacting my congressman.
Mrsantolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #456
Bekah21
Mouseketeer

Tickets

I emailed my congressman's office yesterday (1/1/13). They replied already this morning. They requested more information from me and stated that once I replied they will send out my letter! WOOHOO!! Glad to save some money on our trip!
1st Cruise surprise for kids 12/19/13

2nd Cruise

Bekah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #457
ctalley
Mouseketeer

I spoke with a representative in our Senator's office this morning. She stated that she would be happy to submit my request and it might be 2-3 days before it was confirmed.

I had emailed the Senator's office on Friday evening. His office left a message Monday requesting additional information. They needed the breakdown between child (11 & under) and adult tickets. I am very hopeful that I will receive confirmation within the next few days that my request has been granted.

Thank you to everyone for sharing this information!
ctalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #458
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

If you ever wondered what all the free tickets included, here's the reply I got today confirming my tickets from our Congressman in NC:

When you arrive at the KSC Visitor Complex parking lot you will see booths at the entrance to the parking lot. Tell the parking lot attendant you are a guest of NASA (it would be helpful if you would print out this correspondence). As a comp'd guest of NASA the parking fee will be waived. After parking, proceed to the “Will Call” window where you will tell them your confirmation number and you will be provided your complimentary admission tickets.

Tickets may be picked up any time after 9:00 a.m. on the day of the tour. The Center opens at 9:00 a.m. The bus tours begin running at 9:45 a.m., and run every 15 minutes. Tour passes will be held at the Visitor Center and should be picked up as soon as possible, but no later than 2:00 p.m., to ensure that you do not miss the tour. These tickets include:

• Admission to the Main Complex, including all exhibits and shows

• Bus tour, which includes the LC-39 Observation Gantry, International Space Station Center and the Apollo Saturn V Center

• Opportunity to see both IMAX Movies

• Visit to the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, which includes the museum of personal artifacts and interactive activity floor simulators

• A second day free for use at the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame® - must be used within seven days

An interactive map of the KSC Visitor Center Complex can be found at the following Internet site: http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/html/ksc_vc.htm.

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Kennedy Space Center.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #459
noriega
Earning My Ears

Below is the response I received

Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting the office of Congresswoman Kay Granger regarding tickets to see the NASA Space Center in Houston. Although we are unable to help with tickets because they have to be purchased, I have included the links to two websites which contain further information regarding the tickets.

The first is http://www.spacecenter.org/, and the second is http://www.citypass.com/houston?mv_s...ecenterhouston.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Donald Davidson

Rep. Kay Granger (TX-12)

noriega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #460
dpuck1998
I'm innocent I tell you...innocent! I've been framed!

Worlds second largest Miami Dolphin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by noriega View Post
Below is the response I received

Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting the office of Congresswoman Kay Granger regarding tickets to see the NASA Space Center in Houston. Although we are unable to help with tickets because they have to be purchased, I have included the links to two websites which contain further information regarding the tickets.

The first is http://www.spacecenter.org/, and the second is http://www.citypass.com/houston?mv_s...ecenterhouston.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Donald Davidson

Rep. Kay Granger (TX-12)

Keep asking and keep pushing. Feel free to have them contact an office you know has given out the tickets. I had to direct my rep to another rep in Texas to check into it.

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV for Xmas
April10'POR
dpuck1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #461
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuck1998

Keep asking and keep pushing. Feel free to have them contact an office you know has given out the tickets. I had to direct my rep to another rep in Texas to check into it.
The tickets are free for Kennedy in FL. Your response mentions Houston, so maybe those are not free. This thread is about FL.

Sorry meant to quote the post before this one.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #462
Traveler4Life
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey

The tickets are free for Kennedy in FL. Your response mentions Houston, so maybe those are not free. This thread is about FL.

Sorry meant to quote the post before this one.
Do you have to give a specific date? Not sure if we'd used the tics before or after the cruise. And you send an email to the congressman(woman)?
Traveler4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #463
deanimal
DIS Veteran

I read somewhere that many of the services of the space program are being privitized due to budget restrictions. Perhaps this could lead to cancellation or restriction of free tickets.
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #464
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler4Life View Post
Do you have to give a specific date? Not sure if we'd used the tics before or after the cruise. And you send an email to the congressman(woman)?
Yes, the passes are limited and so you need to specify a date.

Yes, many have been able to contact their congressional office via email or submitting a contact form on the rep's web site.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #465
pershing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey
If you ever wondered what all the free tickets included, here's the reply I got today confirming my tickets from our Congressman in NC:

When you arrive at the KSC Visitor Complex parking lot you will see booths at the entrance to the parking lot. Tell the parking lot attendant you are a guest of NASA (it would be helpful if you would print out this correspondence). As a comp'd guest of NASA the parking fee will be waived. After parking, proceed to the “Will Call” window where you will tell them your confirmation number and you will be provided your complimentary admission tickets.

Tickets may be picked up any time after 9:00 a.m. on the day of the tour. The Center opens at 9:00 a.m. The bus tours begin running at 9:45 a.m., and run every 15 minutes. Tour passes will be held at the Visitor Center and should be picked up as soon as possible, but no later than 2:00 p.m., to ensure that you do not miss the tour. These tickets include:

• Admission to the Main Complex, including all exhibits and shows

• Bus tour, which includes the LC-39 Observation Gantry, International Space Station Center and the Apollo Saturn V Center

• Opportunity to see both IMAX Movies

• Visit to the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, which includes the museum of personal artifacts and interactive activity floor simulators

• A second day free for use at the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame® - must be used within seven days

An interactive map of the KSC Visitor Center Complex can be found at the following Internet site: http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/html/ksc_vc.htm.

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Kennedy Space Center.
I did not get a lot of this info- thank you so much!

It's great to know parking will be free.

Sue
01/02/14-01/05/14 Disney Magic 04/13/13 - 04/20/13 Disney Fantasy 04/19/12 - 04/22/12 Disney Dream 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 Disney Dream 05/10/09 - 05/14/09 Disney Wonder 04/14/07 - 04/21/07 Disney Magic 01/15/05 - 01/22/05 Disney Magic 11/13/03 - 11/16/03 Disney Wonder
pershing is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: