Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #1471
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Other then mexico where can they go from LA? I see a lot of interest in the Pacific Coast cruises, or possibly 1 way trips between Vancouver/Seattle and LA. Where are the other cruises lines going that have ships on the west coast?

Maybe Disneyland didn't want to work with DCL for that, plus they have gotten away from that on the east coast as well too. I would think it would bring more revenue to the DLR parks, and Disney is all about the bottom line, I'm sure my fellow APs will agree.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #1472
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post

. . . Where are the other cruises lines going that have ships on the west coast?
Hawaii.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 12:09 AM   #1473
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Maybe Disneyland didn't want to work with DCL for that, plus they have gotten away from that on the east coast as well too. I would think it would bring more revenue to the DLR parks, and Disney is all about the bottom line, I'm sure my fellow APs will agree.
I really hope there are Disneyland/DCL options for late 2014! I want to see DL and its parks and resorts, and if I enjoy my cruise in 2013 I may want a longer one the next year! I can't justify flying out west for just one or the other, but both could convince me.

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #1474
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
I really hope there are Disneyland/DCL options for late 2014! I want to see DL and its parks and resorts, and if I enjoy my cruise in 2013 I may want a longer one the next year! I can't justify flying out west for just one or the other, but both could convince me.
Why do they have to be booked through DCl as a package, they don't really do it so much anymore with the ones on the east coast anymore. Most people that combine a cruise and WDW trip do them separately as they can get a better deal that way like by using an Ap or booking with free dinning etc.

Quote:
Other then mexico where can they go from LA? I see a lot of interest in the Pacific Coast cruises, or possibly 1 way trips between Vancouver/Seattle and LA. Where are the other cruises lines going that have ships on the west coast?
The pacific coast cruise really didn't sell well until they add the pixr stuff to them, plus also one way cruise to Vancouver and Seattle will only be on the schedule if they go back to Alaska again.

Quote:
Yes it would bring them more revenue but they don't really do the land and sea packages anymore so, plus with you having an AP don't you get a discount on the Disneyland Hotels already?

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #1475
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan

Why do they have to be booked through DCl as a package, they don't really do it so much anymore with the ones on the east coast anymore. Most people that combine a cruise and WDW trip do them separately as they can get a better deal that way like by using an Ap or booking with free dinning etc.
I don't really care if I can book it as a package or not... I just want some west coast cruises available in the latter half of 2014 so I have the option to do a DL/DCL trip!

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #1476
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
I don't really care if I can book it as a package or not... I just want some west coast cruises available in the latter half of 2014 so I have the option to do a DL/DCL trip!
Again the problem is the west coast cruises did not sell well due to many things poor marketing by DCL plus the situation in Mexico didn't help much and they ended up doing a lot of discounted cruise just to fill the ships. Unless the situation with Mexico improves I don't think DCl will be sailing on the west cost other then coming to La from a Panama Canal cruise or going to Vancouver for a repositioning cruise.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #1477
jrm11697
Mouseketeer

This is what I say they should do:

Dream: Keep
Fantasy: Keep

Wonder: Alaska in the summer, PC rest of year

Magic: Miami rest of year

-Wonder should have a repo PC cruise to LA, then a LA to Vancouver. Do Alaska, then back to LA, then PC. From PC it should be Caribbean. Fant. does Caribbean too but have them on opposite ends. So when the Fantasy is in the west, Wonder in east caribbean and vise versa. Probably need Wonder to leave on like a friday

-Have Magic relocate to Miami. And do 7/4/3 rotation. 7 night caribbean, 4 nt bahamas, 3 night bahamas. then at the end of each rotation, go to the other side. so... the first 7 night goes to east, next is west, then east again..etc.

-Probably would never happen, but kinda fun to think about and make up itineraries! (AKA, i need a life)
jrm11697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #1478
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post

The pacific coast cruise really didn't sell well until they add the pixr stuff to them, plus also one way cruise to Vancouver and Seattle will only be on the schedule if they go back to Alaska again.

Yes it would bring them more revenue but they don't really do the land and sea packages anymore so, plus with you having an AP don't you get a discount on the Disneyland Hotels already?
I have found over the past couple of years that DCL is NOT very agreeable to doing anything with WDW. They do not seem "happy" to combine details. We've even had trouble with DCL buses only willing to go to certain WDW resorts and not others. We've tried to combine trips a couple of times and while the WDW are very helpful, the DCL people seem unwilling to "cross the line" into discussing anything with WDW That's just my experience from two attempts to combine trips in the past.

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama
Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Panama Canal
Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder -- 10 night Southern Caribbean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Transatlantic
Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal
Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West
May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #1479
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68 View Post
I have found over the past couple of years that DCL is NOT very agreeable to doing anything with WDW. They do not seem "happy" to combine details. We've even had trouble with DCL buses only willing to go to certain WDW resorts and not others. We've tried to combine trips a couple of times and while the WDW are very helpful, the DCL people seem unwilling to "cross the line" into discussing anything with WDW That's just my experience from two attempts to combine trips in the past.
I've never done it but I've heard that DCL will now pick up at any WDW resort. There are no longer "DCL-resorts". Even if they didn't, it wouldn't stop me from combining it myself and just getting private transfers. I don't need DCL to do anything for me to visit WDW.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #1480
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm11697 View Post
This is what I say they should do:

Dream: Keep
Fantasy: Keep

Wonder: Alaska in the summer, PC rest of year

Magic: Miami rest of year
Dream and fantasy, agree. Alaska, agree. But miami I don't think is doing well. I think they put it there to attract overseas tourists, but that's it. Staying there the night before is expensive. At least run shuttle buses from ft. Lauderdale.

Why not NY? They sold out every cruise they had going south (Canada didn't do that good) and the tri state area would jump on a heartbeat. Look at NJ week (1st week in Nov) at WDW. They get so much business they don't need to run any special offers, even it s a slow season.

Put a ship here in that week in nov and the last two weeks in August, and they'll fill them. Heck even a Xmas/new years one.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #1481
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Really want to see the Magic in the Med summer 2014...Havn't been able to do that itinerary yet and I really want to go to Italy. We can't go this summer, so hope to transfer our dates to 2014.

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #1482
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

so here are my thoughts on 2014 the Dream and Fantasy will keep the same routes they usually do, maybe a change in a port or two for the fantasy. I think the Magic may head to Alaska instead of the Wonder and the Wonder will go to the med and dry dock after it finishes there just like the Magic is this year.

- Walt Disney
Old 01-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #1483
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
I've never done it but I've heard that DCL will now pick up at any WDW resort. There are no longer "DCL-resorts". Even if they didn't, it wouldn't stop me from combining it myself and just getting private transfers. I don't need DCL to do anything for me to visit WDW.
Oh, we stopped using DCL bus transfers years ago because of those reasons. We always combine a pre or post cruise stay at WDW, but have a private car service that we arrange for pick-up at the Disney resorts and to the port and then port to the airport. Their costs are by far cheaper than Disney's and we can choose our pick-up times! Been using them for a decade now

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama
Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Panama Canal
Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder -- 10 night Southern Caribbean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Transatlantic
Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal
Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West
May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #1484
QuiltTeddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68 View Post
Oh, we stopped using DCL bus transfers years ago because of those reasons. We always combine a pre or post cruise stay at WDW, but have a private car service that we arrange for pick-up at the Disney resorts and to the port and then port to the airport. Their costs are by far cheaper than Disney's and we can choose our pick-up times! Been using them for a decade now

What company do you use?

WDW Honeymoon - 1981
WDW - 1999 & Joined DVC
BWV - December, 2000 & December, 2005
WDW/Magic - Eastern - 2002
WDW/Magic - Western - 2003
25th Anniv. Cruise to Alaska on HAL- 2006
30th Anniv. Cruise to MR- Wonder - 04-03-11
Dream Cruise 03-22-12
Magic Southern Carribean 09-20-14
QuiltTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #1485
MinMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve

Dream and fantasy, agree. Alaska, agree. But miami I don't think is doing well. I think they put it there to attract overseas tourists, but that's it. Staying there the night before is expensive. At least run shuttle buses from ft. Lauderdale.

Why not NY? They sold out every cruise they had going south (Canada didn't do that good) and the tri state area would jump on a heartbeat. Look at NJ week (1st week in Nov) at WDW. They get so much business they don't need to run any special offers, even it s a slow season.

Put a ship here in that week in nov and the last two weeks in August, and they'll fill them. Heck even a Xmas/new years one.
Sailing our of NY/NJ would be awesome!

Been there. Done that. Can't wait to go back!
MinMouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: