DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #16
HotdogDncrs
Mouseketeer

Like others have mentioned we have also done split stays because we wanted to feel like we were having two vacations in one. We don't do it every trip, and usually do a split stay between BLT and BCV. We love only needing to worrying about driving or taking the bus to Animal Kingdom. We also book our home resort (BLT) at the 11 month mark, and then make adjustments as needed at 7 months. I'm sure you will have a great time no matter what you decide to do. We also stayed at AoA for one night last year, as a surprise to my 4 year old who is obsessed with Cars. Split stays take a little more planning re: packing so that you are not constantly unpacking and re-packing.
HotdogDncrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #17
AllieV
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
You know with an eight night stay in a single villa, you get a full cleaning on day 4 and trash and towel service on day eight, right?
I thought I was a day short of a full cleaning. I can't seem to get it straight.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #18
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

I only split stay if I don't have enough points to cover 1 resort OR I didn't plan far enough ahead to get the same resort. Other than that I hate moving resort because we have 2 little kids. Moving means we are "home"less between 11am and 4 (or 5pm). With little kids who still need naps it's a PITA.
If it was just DH and I moving wouldn't be a big deal
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #19
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I've never been forced to do a split stay. I do do them, but often I have a reason, like changing friends who I'm staying with.

I have an October trip coming up and I will not know how to extend it until we'll be well into the 7 month window. Since I have BCV booked for what I know I can do, this stay will most likely be the one I am forced to move. I will not give up what I have.

By the way, that October stay will be a Disboard gamers meet. If anyone likes word games or others, come on to the Games bard and join the fun, meet!

Bobbi
Old 01-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #20
mom2rb
DIS Veteran

Most of the time we split resorts. We tend to invite family for the first part of our trip, so we get a bigger room. When they leave, since we have to change rooms anyway, we change resorts.

7/80 offsite, 7/84 offsite, 10/96 honeymoon at CBR, 9/03 Contemporary Wing, 12/04 SSR & AKL, 4/05 OKW & CSR, 9/05 BWV & OKW, 12/06 CSR & SSR, 06/07 VWL & BCV, 09/07 AKV & BWV, 09/09 BLT & SSR, 05/10 BWV & BCV, AKL & BLT 02/13, 05/13 Pop Century Work Trip, Halloween @ SSR

mom2rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #21
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

I split our stays quite often because we want to.

The only time I've been forced to split our stay was when I added on an extra night to the start of a weekend trip in December after that 7 month window had opened. I decided it was a good chance to try out what those value rooms were like over at the All Stars. Glad it was just 1 night.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #22
pouncingpluto
2005 WDW Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rb View Post
Most of the time we split resorts. We tend to invite family for the first part of our trip, so we get a bigger room. When they leave, since we have to change rooms anyway, we change resorts.
We split stays for this reason -- friends or family are with us for the first part of the trip, in a bigger room. But otherwise, we are pretty much over split stays. We just like to unpack and make ourselves at home. Maybe when DD is older, requires less stuff, and can pack her own stuff we will feel different.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: