Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #631
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

So, my lovely family and I are planning our third trip the World in December (this year)!! And the two times we have gone, we have stayed at BC and I love it. My DH is asking if he can help plan and can we possibly stay somewhere else????!!!! I love BC, so now I'm reluctantly looking at BWI and POR. My stomach is all queasy because I don't want to venture outside of what I really love and am comfortable with!!! The gingerbread carousel, the closeness to EPCOT, the smell of gingerbread, the beach and I can't forget, my love of the gingerbread carousel!!!

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 01-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #632
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
So, my lovely family and I are planning our third trip the World in December (this year)!! And the two times we have gone, we have stayed at BC and I love it. My DH is asking if he can help plan and can we possibly stay somewhere else????!!!! I love BC, so now I'm reluctantly looking at BWI and POR. My stomach is all queasy because I don't want to venture outside of what I really love and am comfortable with!!! The gingerbread carousel, the closeness to EPCOT, the smell of gingerbread, the beach and I can't forget, my love of the gingerbread carousel!!!
Do you need us to talk to him?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #633
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4
Yikes!! My DH just smiles, nods and asks how much overtime he needs to work. I would FREAK if he got more involved than me going "Right?" And him saying "Of course!". Lol. What can we do to help?!?

Old 01-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #634
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for letting us know. I agree- the pool should not be all that crowded so I don't think the extra BW guests will have a big impact.
Dee
It takes a lot of commitment to get yourself over to SAB from BWI. Of course, we're fully committed, but that may not be the case for everyone, especially when the average high is 72 instead of 82 or 92!

Quote:
I get it! BC has been my favorite resort since my first stay nearly 21 years ago. But I love so many WDW resorts for different reasons and it's really fun to try others. I usually solve the problem of missing BC/YC by splitting our stay between BC/YC and another resort - a great mix of new and old!

My husband wanted to mix it up and do a Poly/BWI split later this month. I'll miss BC but it's important to compromise and my husband loves BWI CL. I always spend lots of time over at BC anyway, no matter where we're staying. (Of course it's entirely unrelated, but I feel like our access to SAB during the BWI pool closure is just a little bit of pixie dust for my compromise!)

I'd highly recommend BWI over POR. When we did a POFQ/YC split in April, I decided POFQ is likely my favorite mod, but the difference between mods and deluxe is huge for us. And if you're at BWI, you have a beautiful view of BC/YC and can visit often. It's an easy and lovely walk over to BC Marketplace, Cape May, Beaches N Cream and the movies on the beach. (Yes, we go over there for the movies, too!) And if you're doing a non-BC stay, I've found it's easier to do in the winter when the weather is inconsistent. In the later spring and summer, I'd miss SAB too much!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
Old 01-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #635
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
And if you're doing a non-BC stay, I've found it's easier to do in the winter when the weather is inconsistent. In the later spring and summer, I'd miss SAB too much!
YC is our very favorite resort. I have been wanting to try BWI club level for awhile now but really dislike the pool there. We usually go in May or Sept & I just don't want to give up Storm Along Bay. Well, this year we're going in May & probably early Dec. I've decided to try for a bounceback rate to BWI club level for Dec when we're there in May. I won't miss Storm Along as much & I can still visit for all the Christmas decor.

And while I'm at it, could you add us to the list? May 13- 18--YC Club level. Thanks!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #636
dana278
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Not sure about views of the Fireworks but I can tell you there are five garden view club level rooms at the YC and they are all on the fifth floor.
Thanks for this info. I'd better book quick!

Do you happen to know the bed configurations for those rooms? If they are all 2 Queens then I won't waste time with requesting 2 beds.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #637
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Just Smile and Nod

Kind of funny though, my DH did ask why we wouldn't stay at BC, to which I reminded him (and I don't know why!!!) that he wanted to try something new. I like being able to just walk to Epcot and have recently learned through DISboards that you can walk to HS (I never knew this), but my kids said they still want to take the boat. I try to tell him that really most DHs just smile and nod and say, "Yes, dear", but alas, he just keeps trying (bless his heart)!!

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 AM   #638
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Hello lovely people,
I'm pleased to announce we'll be staying at the YC for the very first time - 10 nights from 30 September - looks like I have a lot of reading to do to catch up here! In fact, a lot of reading in general, I've been a bit absent from the DISboards for the last year or so, so I need to check out what else has been going on in WDW and what we can look forward to
We're staying our first 2 nights at the Hard Rock at Universal (also a first time staying on site there) and then joining the Disney Dream at the end of the trip - very excited!
We're being very greedy and are also at Paris earlier this year staying at the Newport Bay, should help us get in the nautical mood!

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

Old 01-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #639
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana278 View Post
Thanks for this info. I'd better book quick!

Do you happen to know the bed configurations for those rooms? If they are all 2 Queens then I won't waste time with requesting 2 beds.
I believe two of the five rooms have king beds and two have two queens and a daybed. That means the other probably has two queens.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #640
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
YC is our very favorite resort. I have been wanting to try BWI club level for awhile now but really dislike the pool there. We usually go in May or Sept & I just don't want to give up Storm Along Bay. Well, this year we're going in May & probably early Dec. I've decided to try for a bounceback rate to BWI club level for Dec when we're there in May. I won't miss Storm Along as much & I can still visit for all the Christmas decor.

And while I'm at it, could you add us to the list? May 13- 18--YC Club level. Thanks!
Will do!

back!

Quote:
Kind of funny though, my DH did ask why we wouldn't stay at BC, to which I reminded him (and I don't know why!!!) that he wanted to try something new. I like being able to just walk to Epcot and have recently learned through DISboards that you can walk to HS (I never knew this), but my kids said they still want to take the boat. I try to tell him that really most DHs just smile and nod and say, "Yes, dear", but alas, he just keeps trying (bless his heart)!!
Let us know where you end up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Hello lovely people,
I'm pleased to announce we'll be staying at the YC for the very first time - 10 nights from 30 September - looks like I have a lot of reading to do to catch up here! In fact, a lot of reading in general, I've been a bit absent from the DISboards for the last year or so, so I need to check out what else has been going on in WDW and what we can look forward to
We're staying our first 2 nights at the Hard Rock at Universal (also a first time staying on site there) and then joining the Disney Dream at the end of the trip - very excited!
We're being very greedy and are also at Paris earlier this year staying at the Newport Bay, should help us get in the nautical mood!

Sounds like an incredible trip you have planned!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

Happy reading and let us know if you have any questions.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #641
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Just noticed we were added to the BOG list Thank you for adding us!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #642
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Happy New Year BC/YC fans!

Sue, I bet Whistler is beautiful at this time of year!!! We're thinking about either Whistler or Park City next year - need to get these boys on skis again!

peaches00, we haven't heard anything around here about renovations to the lazy river portion of SAB or other deeper areas. But maybe Teena or someone else has new information?

So there's a new development for our trip - we're absolutely thrilled, but I know that it's not the best news for BC/YC guests. Luna Park pool is down for renovations beginning January 28 and through the beginning of March. We learned about this on the BWI thread in early December. Initially, BWI was not offering guests access to SAB during the closure. Yesterday, IPO confirmed (both to another poster and then to me) that SAB will be available to BWI guests during the Luna Park closure. Honestly, having stayed at BC many times in January, February and early March, I'm really not concerned that SAB will be crowded as a result. And of course, having booked BWI CL, we think it makes sense that we would have access to a themed pool and slide.

So I know that's not the best news for BC/YC guests during that time, but as a BC/YC loyalist, I promise to provide updated SAB photos and reports of the impact of the added BWI guests on the pool conditions.
Can't wait to see your pictures!

I can't think SAB would be crowded that time of the year - it will be like you're still at BC (well at least a little bit)! Have a magical trip!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 01-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #643
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Just noticed we were added to the BOG list Thank you for adding us!
You are welcome! Hope to see you hanging around here before your trip!

Old 01-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #644
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom

I get it! BC has been my favorite resort since my first stay nearly 21 years ago. But I love so many WDW resorts for different reasons and it's really fun to try others. I usually solve the problem of missing BC/YC by splitting our stay between BC/YC and another resort - a great mix of new and old!

My husband wanted to mix it up and do a Poly/BWI split later this month. I'll miss BC but it's important to compromise and my husband loves BWI CL. I always spend lots of time over at BC anyway, no matter where we're staying. (Of course it's entirely unrelated, but I feel like our access to SAB during the BWI pool closure is just a little bit of pixie dust for my compromise!)

I'd highly recommend BWI over POR. When we did a POFQ/YC split in April, I decided POFQ is likely my favorite mod, but the difference between mods and deluxe is huge for us. And if you're at BWI, you have a beautiful view of BC/YC and can visit often. It's an easy and lovely walk over to BC Marketplace, Cape May, Beaches N Cream and the movies on the beach. (Yes, we go over there for the movies, too!) And if you're doing a non-BC stay, I've found it's easier to do in the winter when the weather is inconsistent. In the later spring and summer, I'd miss SAB too much!
I get it too! We are doing a split stay with poly/bcv in August. My DW just looked at me and said why don't we just stay at poly the whole trip? Horror of horrors lol. It just wouldn't feel like a complete trip without SAB and being able to walk to Epcot and DS. I could do it in the winter, but not on a long summer stay!

Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #645
teetee830
"If you can dream it you can do it."~Walt Disney

Hi, all! I just switched our reservation to BC from Poly for Oct 14-20. My son is really excited by SAB, and I save some $$.

We have never stayed at a deluxe before, normally we stay at POFQ. My DS wants to try something new this time. I really thought he would want to stay at AoA. I have to say I wasn't sad he choose a deluxe and then I was even more excited when he decided he wanted to stay at BC. I've always wanted to stay there; I just love the look of it.

I'll be looking forward to learning the ins and outs of the BC from all of you great DISers. Can anyone tell me the best room request to put in? We don't want a long walk from SAB or to eat, but I also don't like a lot of noise and I would prefer the full balcony. That way after he goes to bed I can sit outside with a beverage without bothering him.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: