Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #166
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

QOTD:

I usually weigh myself twice a week, just to make sure I'm on track

One positive: I decided to exercise everyday this month and so far I'm right on track, lol ! Im off to yoga tonight.
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #167
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Posting early, since I really need to get to work on time and I think I will run in the morning.

QOTD Wednesday, January 2, 2013

How often do you weigh/ get on the scale?

And you know it's coming--say something positive about yourself.
good morning all!!

i weigh myself every day. i don't care what they say about only weighing in once a week. i have to do it everyday. i need to see the damage after a day of binging (ugh, like i did yesterday) so that i know to pull in the reigns. if i skip the scale because i think, "oh it will be bad, i don't even want to look" then that will lead to two days of skipping...then three and so on. and that's part of what lead to a 40lb weight gain a few years ago

i think if you weigh yourself often but understand that you will fluctuate then it's ok. the point is to trend down though

have a wonderful and healthy day everyone!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #168
leeandstacismom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Posting early, since I really need to get to work on time and I think I will run in the morning.

I try and weigh myself everyday. It keeps me honest as to my eating. My positive for the day, I am down on pound from yesterday now I just need to make it stick.

I am glad this challenge is going on. I need to be more accountable.

Thanks again to Rose and Mike for hosting this.

Just keep swimming
leeandstacismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #169
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone!

QOTD Jan 2: I weigh myself everyday. I would like to only weigh myself every few days but just can't help myself... It's a goal to work towards!

Positive: I have gorgeous red hair
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #170
Bnb0627
Mouseketeer

Hi i am 29 yrs old married for 10.5 yrs with two beautiful daughters 8 & 9. I am a critical care technician in a trauma center and have been trying to finish up my pre-requisites for nursing school. No school this semester though as I have a Disney trip in May!!!

So in 2011 I lost 37lbs in about 3 months. 2012 gained most of it back. The weight makes such a difference in how I feel. With the weight back on I feel tired all the time and my winter depression is about to kick in so I need to do something! As of today my starting weight is 194. My overall goal weight is 130. My January goal is 12lbs. I probably shouldn't set such high goals but I tend to procrastinate and if I set a low goal I will sit around and not do a thing till the last two weeks!

I plan to cut out breads and pastas, soda and junk food. I will eat mostly meats, fruits and vegetables. I will force myself to drink lots of water (even though I hate plain water) and all other drinks will be diet.

Exercise: not sure yet. I usually make up my own routines. I do have P90X sitting in a box at home but don't if I have an hour a day to do it.

QOTD: I will be getting on the scale every morning and night. It keeps me on track and motivated.

Positive: A coworker brought in a box of donuts to work this morning and offered me one and I said NO thank you! Lol silly I know but I have to acknowledge it to keep myself going. I also used sweetener instead of sugar in my coffee, ewwww.
Bnb0627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #171
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Happy New Year everyone!

I had no idea that this started already in the old year - but I am very happy that I made it here just in time. I really like the idea of the one month challenges. One of my problems is losing steam after a while and I think setting a new goal at the beginning of each months will be great in giving me a new motivatio boost!

My name is Magdalene, I am in the slightly overweight category (at the moment my BMI is 26.6 thanks to Christmas cookies). I lost about 25 pounds 5 years ago and since then have struggled to maintain around the 25 BMI and ideally want to get lower than that. At the moment my biggest motivation is that I will be going on my first Disney cruise (and first cruise in general) in late spring and I really want to look good for that!!! I know that if I keep to an exercise schedule and keep tracking my food, I can make a difference between now and the cruise. But I really need to stay focused!!

A fun fact about me: I am from Germany - so might seem to be posting at strange times of the day.

On the QOTD from today: I am really happy to see that there are so many more who weigh themselves daily. I do that as well and I find with knowing that the weight fluctuates I am doing much better with the constant reminder than without.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #172
Melissahac99
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Rose&Mike

At my heaviest i hardly ever weighed myself. since being more aware, I normally weigh myself about once a week. With this new diet/exercise plan ill probably weigh in everyday.

Positive? I have lost about 30 lb from my highest weight without a lot of consistency. I know I can lose more with consistent good food choices and exercises. I am worth it!
Melissahac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #173
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi

QOTD#1 if you had asked me 3 months ago, I would have said never ever ever! Now I weigh myself almost every day. I know it should be once a week but its really encouraging to see the number go down!

Something positive about myself is that I try to always think positively. I can see the bright side easily, and I am always grateful for the little things. My dad taught me that no matter how bad I think I have it, someone else out there has it far worse, so I try to keep that perspective. Even if I'm not dropping pounds like I think I should be, I am running. I can run, I can walk, I have food and water available any time u need it. I have everything I need in life and I'm so grateful for that!
Just want to say that I love that you're a positive person! I am constantly trying to remind myself to have that kind of frame of mind but I have a hard time with it. It's one of my resolutions to be more positive and appreciative for the amazing life I have
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #174
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl36
Good morning!

I treadmilled this morning and now have to go get ready for work, but I thought I would check in.

QOTD Jan 2: I weigh myself every morning. Well with the exception of over the holidays,I ignored the scale!

My positive for today, I got up bright and early at 4:30am so I could get my workout in for the day, I really do prefer to get it over with in the morning although it is soooo early!

Jill, I saw your post about where you live, I have friends in the Hubbard and Cortland areas of Ohio. Are you anywhere near Kranyak's? We've been there a few times during past Christmas seasons.
Wow, good job getting up at 4:30 to work out! I might have to start doing that because I find I'm so exhausted after putting the kids to bed its hard to get motivated to work out instead of laying down and watching a movie. That's hard to so though, so congrats!
August 2000
Summer 1991
Old 01-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #175
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

It's so fun to see some old friends and new friends all ready to rock n' roll in the New Year!

Quote:
QOTD Jan 1, 2013 (very weird to type that!)

1. We didn't do formal intros because I wanted to hit the ground running. Give us a quick intro and tell us something fun about yourself!

2. Don't forget your positive about yourself for the day.
I'm Lisa. I'm 52 and have a wonderful DH and 13 year old DS. I love these challenges. WISH has helped me to do things I would never have dreamed were possible. I grew up in Anaheim and used to work at Disneyland -- I sewed the names on the Mickey Mouse ears.

I am a optimist and like to look at the bright side of things.

Quote:

I weigh myself every day. It's a lifelong habit. I don't get excited about daily fluctuations but it is very helpful to reign myself in and give me feedback on what works and what doesn't work. We are all different so I think the important thing is to figure out what works for you.

I persevere even when I feel

Quote:
I still need one coach for January:

January 18-24

If you are interested, please let me know. Coaches check in on the thread. Comment on how folks are doing and ask a question of the day. It's a lot of fun and folks find they usually lose a bunch that week because they are pretty focused on healthy living.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.
I can switch coaching weeks and take this week if the last week of January works better for someone. Also I will have four weeks in February where we will need coaches if anyone would prefer a week in February. Please let me know. It is a lot of fun and Rose is correct a lot of our coaches report good losses the week that they coach.

Have a great day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #176
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Morning all!

1. In the past I've been a chronic scale hopper and stepped on it everyday. I'm trying to break that habit and get back to once a week. But even as I type this I can hear the scale calling my name...

2. I'm happy today!!!

WDW: 2009 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland CA: 2013 (HoJo Anaheim)

Join the best darn May/June 2013 DLR Trip Planning Thread! Click HERE

ColoradoLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #177
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike
I still need one coach for January:

January 18-24

If you are interested, please let me know. Coaches check in on the thread. Comment on how folks are doing and ask a question of the day. It's a lot of fun and folks find they usually lose a bunch that week because they are pretty focused on healthy living.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Quote:
I can switch coaching weeks and take this week if the last week of January works better for someone. Also I will have four weeks in February where we will need coaches if anyone would prefer a week in February. Please let me know. It is a lot of fun and Rose is correct a lot of our coaches report good losses the week that they coach.

Have a great day all!
I just sent her a PM. I can do this. The week doesn't matter to me.

WDW: 2009 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland CA: 2013 (HoJo Anaheim)

Join the best darn May/June 2013 DLR Trip Planning Thread! Click HERE

ColoradoLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #178
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralew View Post
I am 35 yrs old and have 2 children- 4 and 2. The 2 yr old is giving me a run for my money. Started running in the summer but haven't been running since the cold weather arrived (lbs. are coming back) . I lost 30 ills after I had my daughter so I know I can do it if I put my mind to it
Running is so awesome, but running in the winter stinks. 30lbs is awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclovesdis View Post
Hello! I actually stayed up past midnight last night! I can't tell you the last time that happened. I was at a friend's house and we one of those word association type games. I couldn't stop It was a good way to wind down before going back to work tomorrow. I spent the night and got home just before my parents wanted to eat lunch.

I ate okay last night. Everything was GF, but there was solid cross-contamination risk. I made GF champagne cupcakes. They were well-loved.

I'll be back later with some replies.

Add me to the barely can stay up past midnight club, I haven't stayed up that late in a long time before NYE. GF champagne cupcakes sound to die for- I am very recently GF and it's been one of the best things to ever happen to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320 View Post
I'm hoping to find some support here I'm the heaviest I have ever been by quite a bit. I have 50lbs that have to come off. I swore last new years eve that this is it, well one year later and I'm heavier ugh. Everyone seems great here and I'm ready to really commit to this. I'm a full time student, and run a small business. We have 5 great kids, 4 still living at home. I want the whole family to eat better. DH is totally on board and is going to be my get-to-the-gym motivator!
I am new here too but seems to supportive already. I'm sure you'll be down those 50lbs by the end of 2013, I have that many (and more) to lose too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeysmom View Post
Hi Everybody -

I failed at the last Biggest Loser challenge and find myself entering 2013 at the heaviest I've been in a long time.

I had been out of work for quite a while and had a really hard time with establishing a routine and with mindless eating (being at home all day with 24/7 access to my kitchen, etc.). I started a new job at the end of the summer, so I am hoping that I can establish a good eating routine.

My goal for this month is 8lbs - I know that is a little ambitious, but I'm up for the challenge.

Looking forward to getting healthy with all of you.

- Laura
8lbs is ambitious but totally doable. I am also entering the year the heaviest I've EVER been so you are not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Happy New Year! I am getting ready to send in my weight to Rose and it wasn't as bad as I thought is was going be. Whew!

I also need to change my countdown! Whoohoo! We were planning a June trip to wdw, but with DH graduating and probably get a new job in a new hospital, he was "concerned" that he wouldn't be able to go in June. So, we booked for Jan 25! Right now he works every weekend while going to school during the week. He graduates the 24th and took that weekend off. So, off we go. I have to inform my boss tomorrow. I'm sure he'll be fine with it, considering he knows that DH is in school and looking for new jobs. Plus, we are a small school and I don't really have a set contract. I get personal and sick time, so I'll be using that. DSs will miss 4 days of school. Their district has a policy for missing, but they don't care about elementary. I will email both teachers tomorrow as well. Now, this super planner has to get organized! After I pm Rose, I am off to make lists, check park hours & plan which parks we are doing which days.

I hope everyone is off to a good start already today! I'll check back tomorrow.

Jill
Jan 25th is soo soon, how awesome! We will be there then, I hear it's a wonderful time to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
Happy new year! I love reading everyone's stories- so motivating! I think I will challenge myself to exercise EVERYDAY in January. Our weather here in the snowbelt is crappy in January so it's not an easy task but I really want to try! I shopped yesterday so the house is stocked with healthy foods, I'll be making a low cal vegan minestrone for lunch today. Good luck to all!
Wow, I'm so sore after exercising for one day that I can definitely not do it the next. That's awesome!

QUOTE=Tinker'n'Fun;47047596] Time for my official hello. I am going to lay in on the line, may be a bit longer, but it makes me feel more accountable.

I am a 46 year old SAHDM (stay at home disabled mom).

I am married to the most understanding wonderful man I know. We have been married almost 22 years. We have two children a daughter 20 and a son 17. Contrary to some, we actually have a great life and we don't try to take anything for granted. I usually try to not post too much about them, but it is hard since I love them all to pieces.

About my disability. I have been sick for around 15 years and have been on disability for around 10. In a period of a few years I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, lost my thyroid, had my gallbladder removed, was in a serious car accident that caused major injuries in my neck and lower back. I never really thought I was sick as I was but I finally broke down and cried when my disability (permanent) went through in less than 3 months and it was no questions asked. Only people who are dying usually get approved that quick. BAM! It hit me.

So over those years I have slowly settled into my diagnoses and became sedentary and fat. I can walk and do yoga, but for now not much more. As the weight crept on my ability to take care of the family declined.

My goal is to get back to my "healthy". Over this year I would like to lose the weight the doctor and I agreed was good for me.

I really look forward to being a part of this group and hope that I can be optimistic and helpful for everyone, including myself. Okay, I will shut up now! Diane.[/QUOTE]

Healthy is the most important thing, way more important than sizes or scales. We're going to have a wonderful year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
Forgot my positive: I put the myfitness pal app on my phone. The first and only one on the phone. Not too savvy yet. I even added my food for today even though I don't officially start until tomorrow.
I love this app! I find that having to track everything I put in my mouth makes me so much more accountable. Plus, at the end of the day it tells you how much you would weigh in five weeks if every day was like that day. I think that's my favorite part.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #179
Bnb0627
Mouseketeer

I just put the My Fitness Pal app on my phone after reading about it here!!!! It looks so easy I'm excited to use it so thank you for posting about it!!!!!
Bnb0627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #180
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Happy New Year everyone!

I had no idea that this started already in the old year - but I am very happy that I made it here just in time. I really like the idea of the one month challenges. One of my problems is losing steam after a while and I think setting a new goal at the beginning of each months will be great in giving me a new motivatio boost!

My name is Magdalene, I am in the slightly overweight category (at the moment my BMI is 26.6 thanks to Christmas cookies). I lost about 25 pounds 5 years ago and since then have struggled to maintain around the 25 BMI and ideally want to get lower than that. At the moment my biggest motivation is that I will be going on my first Disney cruise (and first cruise in general) in late spring and I really want to look good for that!!! I know that if I keep to an exercise schedule and keep tracking my food, I can make a difference between now and the cruise. But I really need to stay focused!!

A fun fact about me: I am from Germany - so might seem to be posting at strange times of the day.

On the QOTD from today: I am really happy to see that there are so many more who weigh themselves daily. I do that as well and I find with knowing that the weight fluctuates I am doing much better with the constant reminder than without.
A disney cruise is awesome motivation!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
Good morning everyone!

QOTD Jan 2: I weigh myself everyday. I would like to only weigh myself every few days but just can't help myself... It's a goal to work towards!

Positive: I have gorgeous red hair
I'm jealous of your red hair. My husband and son have gorgeous red hair, I am so jealous of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post
good morning all!!

i weigh myself every day. i don't care what they say about only weighing in once a week. i have to do it everyday. i need to see the damage after a day of binging (ugh, like i did yesterday) so that i know to pull in the reigns. if i skip the scale because i think, "oh it will be bad, i don't even want to look" then that will lead to two days of skipping...then three and so on. and that's part of what lead to a 40lb weight gain a few years ago

i think if you weigh yourself often but understand that you will fluctuate then it's ok. the point is to trend down though

have a wonderful and healthy day everyone!
I also need to do it everday. It's almost motivating to want to see it go down every morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
QOTD:

I usually weigh myself twice a week, just to make sure I'm on track

One positive: I decided to exercise everyday this month and so far I'm right on track, lol ! Im off to yoga tonight.
Ooo I love yoga. But I need to do Bikram... I like it slow and hot

[QUOTE=fitgirl36;47053504]Good morning!

I treadmilled this morning and now have to go get ready for work, but I thought I would check in.

QOTD Jan 2: I weigh myself every morning. Well with the exception of over the holidays,I ignored the scale!

My positive for today, I got up bright and early at 4:30am so I could get my workout in for the day, I really do prefer to get it over with in the morning although it is soooo early! [QUOTE]

That's awesome that you got up so early to work out. I always say I want to get it done in the morning, and then my pillow wins.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: