Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #1831
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

How late do buses run to/from DTD?
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #1832
dana278
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry if this was already answered, but I was wondering if taxis go straight from the resorts to any of the theme parks?
dana278 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #1833
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana278 View Post
I'm sorry if this was already answered, but I was wondering if taxis go straight from the resorts to any of the theme parks?
Cabs will take you to the main parking lots at AK, Epcot and DHS. You won't get dropped off right at the entrance tho. There are specific areas where cabs are allowed to drop you off. For the MK, you will be dropped at the TTC, then you can take either the ferry or monorail over to MK.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #1834
dana278
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I don't mind wherever the drop off is, I just need to get to Epcot somehow. I'll be staying at YC/BC and I need to get to the front gates before park opening for a tour. I can't imagine they'd let us in through the back entrance to walk all the way to the front (and back out!) for this.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #1835
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

I have a 9:20 p.m ADR for Ohana and need to get back to AKL. What is the best way to do this? Last year we needed to get to WL from Kouzzina after parks had closed so we took the bus to DTD then switched to the bus back to WL. Is this possible that late?
Old 12-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #1836
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana278 View Post
Thanks! I don't mind wherever the drop off is, I just need to get to Epcot somehow. I'll be staying at YC/BC and I need to get to the front gates before park opening for a tour. I can't imagine they'd let us in through the back entrance to walk all the way to the front (and back out!) for this.
Double check and see if it's EMHs that day. You may get lucky!! That was my issue....but I found it was EMHs that day. Otherwise, I would just take a cab over...won't be expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
I have a 9:20 p.m ADR for Ohana and need to get back to AKL. What is the best way to do this? Last year we needed to get to WL from Kouzzina after parks had closed so we took the bus to DTD then switched to the bus back to WL. Is this possible that late?
You have two choices...bus to DTD and then transfer to the AKL bus, or just take a cab. I would just take the cab.
Now, I have been very lucky when asking for a cab at some of the resorts. While at the Polynesian, we asked Bell Services to call a cab for us to get back to POR...they took us themselves in a WDW white van. Then, earlier this month, I was at SSR, and needed to get to the International Gateway quickly. I asked Bell Services/Valet to call me a cab. Again, they took me in one of the white vans. Doesn't always happen, but sometimes you get lucky. I do tip them very well though. Normally, I would tip the cab driver $2-3. But, if a CM drives me, I tip close to the amount I expected to pay the cab driver...minus his tip.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #1837
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Thank you. You have had good luck when asking for cabs. Good to know a range to tip too. Thanks!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #1838
dana278
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Double check and see if it's EMHs that day. You may get lucky!! That was my issue....but I found it was EMHs that day. Otherwise, I would just take a cab over...won't be expensive.
Oh definitely! I don't know park hours yet but I'm just planning on worst case scenario right now. Thanks for the little tip about white vans. LOL I'll ask at the hotel the night before and see what they recommend.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #1839
krichie
Earning My Ears

Disney transit from SSR to the parks

I've never been to Disney World before. I'm planning a trip in Sept. and will be using Disney transit instead of renting a car. I have not been able to find any information in regards to how long it might take to get to the parks from specific resorts.

I'm looking at staying at SSR. Any ideas on how long of a bus ride I'd be looking at to get to each of the four main theme parks? For example, I'm not even sure whether to expect a 10 minute ride or 60 minute ride from SSR to Epcot.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #1840
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichie View Post
I've never been to Disney World before. I'm planning a trip in Sept. and will be using Disney transit instead of renting a car. I have not been able to find any information in regards to how long it might take to get to the parks from specific resorts.

I'm looking at staying at SSR. Any ideas on how long of a bus ride I'd be looking at to get to each of the four main theme parks? For example, I'm not even sure whether to expect a 10 minute ride or 60 minute ride from SSR to Epcot.
I got this information from the PassPorter guidebook:

Magic Kingdom: Direct bus - about 25 minutes

Epcot: Direct bus - about 10 minutes

Hollywood Studios: Direct bus - about 15 minutes

Animal Kingdom: Direct bus - about 20 minutes

DTD: walk/bus/boat - about 15/10/7 minutes

There are 5 bus stops at SSR, and it says in PassPorter that these are the approximate times you will spend in transit from resort to destination, which I interpret as meaning from the time the bus stops at the last stop at the resort.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #1841
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichie

I stayed at SSR last May. I would say that most bus rides were about 15 minutes +/- 5 minutes or so. The real wild card is wait time. Sometimes you get to the bus stop and the bus for the park you are going to pulls right up, sometimes you have to wait 20 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #1842
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

How would one get to BCR (for Cape May character breakfast) from AoA? (no set time has been made yet) - do I just take the bus to Epcot and walk to BCR?

How about from AoA to Sanaa?
angelmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #1843
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichie View Post

It all depends on which area of SSR you are in. I was in the Grandstand area earlier this month. It was a nice section, but the first stop. So, I had already spent about 15 mins on the bus by the time we left the resort and headed to the parks. Drove me nuts.
I always planned on at least 45 mins from my room to the park...and an hour was ever better. Just to be on the safe side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmichelle View Post
How would one get to BCR (for Cape May character breakfast) from AoA? (no set time has been made yet) - do I just take the bus to Epcot and walk to BCR?

How about from AoA to Sanaa?
I would take a cab. But, you can also take the bus to the DHS, and then walk to Cape May...takes about 20 mins. A cab will cost about $10 and takes about 8 mins.

From AoA to Sanaa?? I would take the bus to AK and then transfer to the Kidani/AKL bus. If AK is closed, then head to a park that is open, and take their AKL bus. Or, a cab.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #1844
newbie2013
Mouseketeer

Do you happen to know about preferred parking for AAA booked vacationers? I just got y package and was surprised to see a parking pass - just wondering since this might make me want to drive to Epcot or dHS - at Epcot we have akershus reservation at 830 am and at dHS we plan to Fodor rope drop - thoughts? We are staying at aoa and will have a double stroller and hubby to boot had surgery on foot last week to remove a needle he stepped on while on vacation )I still can't believe it!)

Thanks
newbie2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #1845
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2013 View Post
Do you happen to know about preferred parking for AAA booked vacationers? I just got y package and was surprised to see a parking pass - just wondering since this might make me want to drive to Epcot or dHS - at Epcot we have akershus reservation at 830 am and at dHS we plan to Fodor rope drop - thoughts? We are staying at aoa and will have a double stroller and hubby to boot had surgery on foot last week to remove a needle he stepped on while on vacation )I still can't believe it!)

Thanks
The preferred parking areas for AAA parking pass holders is usually in the same area the handicapped parking is located. The only place I don't recommend using the AAA parking permit at is MK...you still have to take either the ferry or monorail over to MK from the TTC.

But, if you have a double stroller, and your husband has a foot issue, it may be better than taking the buses.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: