Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #316
CollieMom
Earning My Ears

Glad to hear it's still playing - such a great show!
CollieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #317
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

I know I read SOMEWHERE that it is only closing to move. It even said a reopen date, which was before our trip in November for sure. Not sure exactly when it was thinking summertime? But if they are delaying it now, maybe we will end up missing it after all.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #318
Tigger1
DIS Veteran

If they are going to move it maybe they will get the new place ready first and then make a quick move.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #319
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
I know I read SOMEWHERE that it is only closing to move. It even said a reopen date, which was before our trip in November for sure. Not sure exactly when it was thinking summertime? But if they are delaying it now, maybe we will end up missing it after all.
Every rumor I have seen says its moving to either Harambe or Rafikis Planet Watch although they would have to build a whole new theatre and certainly ground has not broken

I have not seen a reopeing date, but considering there is no closing date anything at this point is pure speculation

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #320
MJMcBride

Some info is reported by John Frost on the Disney Blog

http://bwanablog.blogspot.com/2013/0...r-move-to.html

a move to Harambe might be coming

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Old 01-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #321
TinaLala
Hold My Table at Ohana's I'm on My Way!

I'm so mad about this because FotLK is our favorite show - one of the few reasons we go to Animal Kingdom and now it might be closed when we go. I HATE Avatar and think this Avatar land is the stupidest thing I've ever heard - in my opinion. I know people liked it, but personally I don't see where it's Disney, Animal Kingdom, nature - it's not reality and Animal Kingdom I thought - was Disney's way of getting families to connect with nature. UGH!

Courage Confidence Character!
http://lalacraftworld.wordpress.com/ - my craft blog!

TinaLala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #322
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Here is a video I took of the entire show.
http://youtu.be/RbLcaqUEwQw

It's gonna hold me off until I can see it again after it (hopefully) reopens.
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
mike the canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #323
MJMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaLala
I'm so mad about this because FotLK is our favorite show - one of the few reasons we go to Animal Kingdom and now it might be closed when we go. I HATE Avatar and think this Avatar land is the stupidest thing I've ever heard - in my opinion. I know people liked it, but personally I don't see where it's Disney, Animal Kingdom, nature - it's not reality and Animal Kingdom I thought - was Disney's way of getting families to connect with nature. UGH!
I think that will me open. There will only be a brief time that its closed.

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Old 01-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #324
Disneyfreak44
Mouseketeer

They are not getting rid of FOTLK most likely take a look at my thread Animal Kingdom Africa expansion
Most recent trip was to Walt Disney World we stayed at Caribbean beach and got to experience mymagic+ and the Magic Bands and it was awesome!
Disneyfreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #325
MJMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak44
They are not getting rid of FOTLK most likely take a look at my thread Animal Kingdom Africa expansion
At most it will be closed for a bit before it moves to its new digs

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Old 01-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #326
katt789
DIS Veteran

Im really happy to hear that its still playing & that it might not close til later in the year!! I'm still keeping my eye on auditions!! Haha!! When it is set to move, it will have to close for a week or so to move all of the floats, costumes and such over and get everything re set up & even get all the tech stuff re set up!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #327
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

I'm happy that it's still open! This is one of our favorite things to see in Disney and we wanted DD to see it since it is her first trip. so as long as it stays open for 2 more weeks, I'm good!

me DH DD and DS
hulagirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #328
DisneyDad61
Mouseketeer

I am not sure if this has already been mentioned as this thread is quite long but I have seen the blueprint plans on other non-Disney websites that show plans for what absolutely appears to be a NEW FOTLK Show Building behind the Dawa Bar / Tusker House / Kusafiri Coffe Shop Building in Africa.
The plans show that a path will be built from the edge of the Dawa Bar and bridge from Discovery Island to Africa to the show building located directly behind the Tusker House. It also appears that there are area's (segments) in and around the new show building for carts / merchandise buildings, etc.

Also, it appears that a NEW path in this FOTLK area will also lead over to the current Camp Minnie-Mickey (future Avatar Land) area. Again, I thought this was rather common knowledge of this apparent propposal to build the new FOTLK building in the Africa section where it essentially belongs.

Although it is purely conjecture on my part, I could see this new show building being built and a relative "small" downtime as they move / rehab and upgrade the floats, etc from the old to new show building.....

I believe from what I have read that this show will continue at the new location in Africa at some point and time in the near future with some type of relatively small downtime for the conversion once the new show biulding is complete or very close to completion.
Wilderness Lodge - September 1994 Wilderness Lodge - July 1996 Wilderness Lodge - September 1997 Wilderness Lodge - October 1998 Wilderness Lodge - October 1999 Wilderness Lodge - September 2000 Wilderness Lodge - September 2001 Wilderness Lodge - December 2002 Wilderness Lodge - November 2003 Wilderness Lodge - October 2004 Wilderness Lodge - December 1 - 12, 2006 Port Orleans - Riverside - September 28 - October 8, 2007, Wilderness Lodge Villa's - December 6 - 18, 2008 Wilderness Lodge - December 3 - 13, 2010 DVC Member - Villa's at Wilderness Lodge, May 2011 Villa's at Wilderness Lodge - December 7 - 16, 2012 Villa's at Wilderness Lodge August 28 - 31, 2013 Villa's at the Grand Californian Resort - May 8 - 11, 2013 Disney Dream Cruise 9/22 - 9/26/2013 Beach Club Villa's September 26 - October 2, 2013Grand Californian Resort & Spa Villa's, May 6 - 9, 2014 Villa's at Wilderness Lodge, Dec. 4 - 14, 2014
"The ship's a-ground on a shore of this unchartered desert....Lodge...with Disneydad ..and wifey too ....."
DisneyDad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #329
DisneyDad61
Mouseketeer

Here is one of the several sites explaining the future conversion with copies of the plans.

http://screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_an...m.htm#LionKing
Wilderness Lodge - September 1994 Wilderness Lodge - July 1996 Wilderness Lodge - September 1997 Wilderness Lodge - October 1998 Wilderness Lodge - October 1999 Wilderness Lodge - September 2000 Wilderness Lodge - September 2001 Wilderness Lodge - December 2002 Wilderness Lodge - November 2003 Wilderness Lodge - October 2004 Wilderness Lodge - December 1 - 12, 2006 Port Orleans - Riverside - September 28 - October 8, 2007, Wilderness Lodge Villa's - December 6 - 18, 2008 Wilderness Lodge - December 3 - 13, 2010 DVC Member - Villa's at Wilderness Lodge, May 2011 Villa's at Wilderness Lodge - December 7 - 16, 2012 Villa's at Wilderness Lodge August 28 - 31, 2013 Villa's at the Grand Californian Resort - May 8 - 11, 2013 Disney Dream Cruise 9/22 - 9/26/2013 Beach Club Villa's September 26 - October 2, 2013Grand Californian Resort & Spa Villa's, May 6 - 9, 2014 Villa's at Wilderness Lodge, Dec. 4 - 14, 2014
"The ship's a-ground on a shore of this unchartered desert....Lodge...with Disneydad ..and wifey too ....."
DisneyDad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #330
fungirl1
Earning My Ears

Festival of the lion lion king/Avtar land

Where will the festival of the lion king show be and the charcaters be from Camp Minnie Mickey because I know you guys are going to build the Avtar land but where are you guys going to put the lion king show at Disney Animal Kingdom and also will the lion king show be like the one in Hong Kong Disneyland or the same?
fungirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: