Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #496
daughtersrus
DIS Veteran

I wonder if they ever considered buying a townhouse unit. Each wife could have their own house while still being very close to the others.

They could have put connecting doors in like a hotel and Kody wouldn't have even needed to go outside to get to the next wife's house for the night.

Seriously though, a nice townhouse building could have given them the space they needed at a much lower cost than 4 separate houses.
daughtersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #497
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtersrus View Post
I wonder if they ever considered buying a townhouse unit. Each wife could have their own house while still being very close to the others.

They could have put connecting doors in like a hotel and Kody wouldn't have even needed to go outside to get to the next wife's house for the night.

Seriously though, a nice townhouse building could have given them the space they needed at a much lower cost than 4 separate houses.
Excellent idea! Heck, I have even seen some townhouses that have wet bars lol.

Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #498
TiggerTails57
FIL is still waiting for his My Little Pony cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
Excellent idea! Heck, I have even seen some townhouses that have wet bars lol.
.........oh wait, they don't drink!
TiggerTails57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #499
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

I have never built a house but I thought it odd that they were already picking out carpet and tile when they haven't actually bought the houses. Is this normal or was the drama at the real estate office manufactured too?
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo!

ebtbmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #500
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Well from experience, when we bought a new house we did pick out the carpet, exterior paint and brick etc long before the houses were finished. Otherwise, they couldn't have finished them! The builder has to know what to put in the house as far as finishes as well as what brick, stone and paint colors to put on the outside. Its a bit of a leap of faith on the builders part to build a house to the specifications of the proposed buyer when in reality a lot of things can go wrong. Of course if something goes wrong, I believe the buyer can lose their earnest money/deposit which helps protect the builder.

A loan isn't completely approved and certain until the day you close. Something can go wrong, a lay off, pay cut or someone can do something stupid like buy a new car or furniture just before closing thinking it will be fine and slip under the wire.

So they are preapproved and it must look good but until they sign on the dotted line nothing is certain.

Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #501
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

When janelle was in Utah she mentioned a career. Anyone know what it was?
Old 01-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #502
Southernmiss
I am hazed everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom View Post
I have never built a house but I thought it odd that they were already picking out carpet and tile when they haven't actually bought the houses. Is this normal or was the drama at the real estate office manufactured too?
This is standard. We have bought 2 houses from a builder in new subdivisions. We chose paint colors and flooring and cabinets we liked. But knew that we wouldn't have the houses for sure until we closed. We closed on the home and then received the keys.
Southernmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #503
Jeafl
Has an emergency auto hammer & knows how to use it
Collects Beta fish
Meow-y Christmas!!
Since when did 41 become middle aged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
When janelle was in Utah she mentioned a career. Anyone know what it was?
I think I read somewhere that she was an accountant. They have mentioned in the past that Janelle is always the one who handles the finances so that makes sense.

In the after show, the woman who interviewed them pretty much got Meri to admit she was being ridiculous an selfish about the wet bar. I wonder if the other wies felt secretly vindicated when they heard that.

It is pretty clear that Meri and Robyn are pretty tight. I wonder if Janelle and Christine ever feel left out.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:07 AM   #504
karensi
Taking grandchildren to WDW will be a magical experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
Okay, still like the show and still like them and thought the little sit down with the wives after the season finale was interesting. However, as the show has progressed, I find myself liking Christine and Janelle the best.

Honestly, I find it a bit disappointing that the bankruptcies and Janelle originally being married to Meri's brother are never mentioned. They must know that many fans use forums/internet to poke around and thus find out about these things. I would respect them much more if they would talk .
Janelle was married to Meris brother?? WTH Guess I missed that one. What a train wreck! So what happened, Janelle was married to Meri's brother and when Kody started liking her Meri just sat back and said nothing? Wouldn't you think she might have said something like "you better back off Kody, that s my brother shes married to".

Oh well, it just keeps getting better or maybe stranger would be a better word.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #505
FLLDYTRKR
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtersrus View Post

The house they had in UTAH was like a triplex. Each wife had her own kitchen living space and bedrooms..there was a central main entry and a common space back yard. I was ammazed they did try and find a big prebuilt home and either add on needed rooms. The ladies do seem to be really looking for jobs. No real reasom Meri could not work. Not sure the need for these large homes as many of the kids will soon be leaving the nest. Hope TLC is paying them well--atleast enough to pay off these homes. Also do these kids have any kind of medical insurance? I remember there were issues when one got sick last season and there were worries about paying the bill.
FLLDYTRKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #506
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karensi View Post
Janelle was married to Meris brother?? WTH Guess I missed that one. What a train wreck! So what happened, Janelle was married to Meri's brother and when Kody started liking her Meri just sat back and said nothing? Wouldn't you think she might have said something like "you better back off Kody, that s my brother shes married to".

Oh well, it just keeps getting better or maybe stranger would be a better word.

Janelle had Logan before Meri had Mariah … wow, I did not know Janelle was married before. Must have been a very short marriage.

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #507
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06

Janelle had Logan before Meri had Mariah … wow, I did not know Janelle was married before. Must have been a very short marriage.
If you want to add to the twist and turns... Dont forget that Janelles mom is married to Kody's dad.
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #508
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

What a family tree!

Is Kody Logan's father?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #509
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Mouse View Post
What a family tree!

Is Kody Logan's father?
Yes. He is father to all the kids except Robyn's oldest 3 from her first marriage.

A Janelle has a business degree and worked in the state welfare department in Utah plus had some kind of kitchen storage home based business on the side.

Kody was (still is??) in billboard advertising.
CdnCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #510
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

Okay I'm trying to get this all straight but I'm confused. Janelle was married before Kody? And how many years were Kody and Meri married before Janelle came along? So Janelle worked in the state welfare department, didn't I read somewhere that they received state assistance?
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: