Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #616
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
It counts if you wake up in time for the ball to drop, right???

To all our friends...

Absolutely

Happy New Year Everyone
Old 01-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #617
peaches00
Mouseketeer

stormalong bay rehabs?

I know this is silly but my husband wants to stay for week instead of splitting between dolphin and yc. I have been reading about how Disney is filling in all deep ends of pools and that is why he no longer wants to go to gf. I know sab has nice deep end but am worried that they are going to do away with deep end. The dates we will be going are mid September and I know its a slow week and am worried they will do a rehab of deep end and my dh is 6'5" and will kill me if he doesn't have deep end. Soooo...is there a way I can find out whether deep end will be rehabbed or filled in???? Thank you

grand floridian 2002 poly club 2009 port Orleans 2011
royal pacific club 2007
Portofino bay club 2008,2010(x2)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #618
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Are the CL GV rooms only located on the 5th floor?
I want to see Illuminations (the high ones) from my room, should I request just an CL GV Epcot view?
Old 01-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #619
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
Are the CL GV rooms only located on the 5th floor?
I want to see Illuminations (the high ones) from my room, should I request just an CL GV Epcot view?
There are only nine of these rooms and all are on the fifth floor. Your choices therefore are very limited and not sure if any of them offer an Illuminations view.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #620
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
There are only nine of these rooms and all are on the fifth floor. Your choices therefore are very limited and not sure if any of them offer an Illuminations view.
Our room had a great view of the high Illuminations. We were in a GV room facing the garden with the volleyball net. We found out what a view we had our last night, when we were in the room packing
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 01-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #621
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Our room had a great view of the high Illuminations. We were in a GV room facing the garden with the volleyball net. We found out what a view we had our last night, when we were in the room packing
Then for sure they should request Illuminations view.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #622
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
So we finished Dinner at Kona and we were on the boat to... What's that? I forgot to tell you about our dinner at Kona? OK. I'll slow down a little and tell you about our dinner!

So we ate at Kona. I had one of those Pineapple Drinks, I think it's called the Lapu Lapu and after that I quite frankly had a hard time remembering what I had for dinner. The consensus is that I had a steak, husband had a crab cake appetizer and then a salad and there were 2 coconut almond chickens and Chicken and pan seared noodle dish in the mix. There was much mixing and matching of entrees so it was like a Polynesian food truck was having an all you can eat buffet at our table. There was also a Kilauea Torte or two making the rounds after dinner and then we were off to the boat dock at the Poly to catch a ride to the MK.

This proved to be unnerving for me because, in the dark, I couldn't really see the mini boat they use to ferry passengers between the MK and the Poly and the dock was deserted. I kept thinking that we should probably hitch a ride on the monorail but I kept getting vetoed by my contingent, so wait we did. Even I am loathe to take the monorail after reading about the MANY random and inopportune break downs it experiences just as you are desperately behind on your touring schedule. Having visions of being trapped and having to listen to an endless loop of "Por favor, mantenganse allejado de las puertas". I made up my mind that we would only dare try the monorail when we didn't have to be anywhere important, like say on the way back to the resort to catch the magical depress home.

Finally another family showed up and swore they saw Gilligan and the Skipper motoring our way in the SS Minnow.... and sure enough they were right. We schlumped it over to MK in high style and jumped off the boat just in time to catch the one to Fort Wilderness campground. We had a date with a carriage ride to see the Christmas lights that all the guests put up on their RV and Camp sites!

I'm talking wall to wall Christmas lights, inflatables, Blow molds and other electronic Bacchanalia that can only be exceeded by Jennings Osborne and the masterpiece that is the Osborne Lights. To think that plain folks come to WDW and are so inspired to share the Christmas spirit with their friends and neighbors at Fort Wilderness is enough to bring a tear to any eye. It was a truly marvelous display and I would highly recommend that you stop by at night if you are in that neighborhood at Christmas time.

Among the highlights we got to see was a lady that had a Disney oriented train table set up and she was handing out candy canes to all comers. Another highlight was a fellow by the name of Dave The Castle Guy. My words would not do a description of his delight justice so be sure to check out this link that explains it all.
http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestb...as_dave_t.html

Even better after reading the above site is this link to a video which brings his artistic effort to life http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eU2I...layer_embedded

Watching this will give you an idea of the artistry and devotion these folks
exhibit in an effort to spread the Christmas spirit while staying at Ft. Wilderness. I like to think that you can see a little of Walt Disney and all that he hoped to achieve with his parks and entertainment empire in the inspiration that these folks strive for.

After walking around the decorations post carriage ride we made our way down to the beach to catch the MK fireworks. This was followed shortly after by the electrical water parade. It was quite the magical end to a magical evening. The best part of all was that we got to get back on the boat and make the trip back to MK for the bus back to BC. There is something so peaceful and beautiful about cruising on the water at night in the MK resort area. You get to see the resorts beautifully lit up and then the MK comes into view and takes your breath away. Sometimes you are in such a rush to get to your destination that you sort of miss enjoying the trip along the way. One of the things that we really wanted to do was get off the beaten path and experience some of the things that WDW offers that are not the prime, "A-List" attractions, but yet still hold a ton of enjoyment when you experience them. Spending a December Christmas Night at Fort Wilderness really helped us achieve this goal.

We made our way back to the resort filled with wonder, excitement and anticipation about our stay. Tomorrow would be a busy day. We'd be up early for rope drop at EPCOT. At least that was the plan. With 5 of us all trying to get ready and be on the same schedule, Would We Make It???

Tune in next time as we find out who was naughty and who was nice about keeping the schedule!

~NM
One of our fav things staying at WL is that boat ride, and watching the Electric Water Parade.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 01-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #623
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year, DisBoard friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Ok Folks…..Here we go.

I know my ticker says one week and two days but we will actually be in WDW this time next week.
Have a great trip MickeyT. Sounds like you have some good family fun in your future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
We had a date with a carriage ride to see the Christmas lights that all the guests put up on their RV and Camp sites!

~NM
Sounds like a great evening. The carriage ride is an excellent idea. I had no idea the campground was so decorated. Castle Dave is truly dedicated.

I love the boat rides around Bay Lake. For our first stay we stumbled upon staying at WL, and that great boat ride is one of the things that brought us back to WDW for future visits.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 01-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #624
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph

We've only stayed in the villas three times and each time it was facing towards the Epcot side, which means it was facing a wooded area. BCV's are too far back to see anything inside Epcot. Here is a map:

Walt Disney World Maps by Robo- Epcot resort area

As you can see, there are a lot of trees between the villas and Epcot. I really like the relaxing woods view. The rest of the villas face the pool, parking lot, or other non-green areas.

I love the villas. It is a short walk into Epcot because there is a walkway along the wooded area that is a great shortcut.
Thank you again for the info. We are so excited to try out the villas for the first time!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 01-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #625
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year BC/YC fans!

Sue, I bet Whistler is beautiful at this time of year!!! We're thinking about either Whistler or Park City next year - need to get these boys on skis again!

peaches00, we haven't heard anything around here about renovations to the lazy river portion of SAB or other deeper areas. But maybe Teena or someone else has new information?

So there's a new development for our trip - we're absolutely thrilled, but I know that it's not the best news for BC/YC guests. Luna Park pool is down for renovations beginning January 28 and through the beginning of March. We learned about this on the BWI thread in early December. Initially, BWI was not offering guests access to SAB during the closure. Yesterday, IPO confirmed (both to another poster and then to me) that SAB will be available to BWI guests during the Luna Park closure. Honestly, having stayed at BC many times in January, February and early March, I'm really not concerned that SAB will be crowded as a result. And of course, having booked BWI CL, we think it makes sense that we would have access to a themed pool and slide.

So I know that's not the best news for BC/YC guests during that time, but as a BC/YC loyalist, I promise to provide updated SAB photos and reports of the impact of the added BWI guests on the pool conditions.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/???)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #626
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Happy New Year BC/YC fans!

[So there's a new development for our trip - we're absolutely thrilled, but I know that it's not the best news for BC/YC guests. Luna Park pool is down for renovations beginning January 28 and through the beginning of March. We learned about this on the BWI thread in early December. Initially, BWI was not offering guests access to SAB during the closure. Yesterday, IPO confirmed (both to another poster and then to me) that SAB will be available to BWI guests during the Luna Park closure. Honestly, having stayed at BC many times in January, February and early March, I'm really not concerned that SAB will be crowded as a result. And of course, having booked BWI CL, we think it makes sense that we would have access to a themed pool and slide.

So I know that's not the best news for BC/YC guests during that time, but as a BC/YC loyalist, I promise to provide updated SAB photos and reports of the impact of the added BWI guests on the pool conditions.
Thanks for letting us know. I agree- the pool should not be all that crowded so I don't think the extra BW guests will have a big impact.

Speaking of pool closures- Jan and Feb guests- What have you heard about potential closures at SAB? Traditionally, in the winter, SAB undergoes refurb a little bit at a time. One third of the pool will be closed while the work is done on that area, but the other 2/3 will be open. Then work will move onto the next section.

Usually about this time someone will report here when they receive a letter about the refurb.

Someone posted on another thread that the SAB slide would be closed Jan 17-25. Can anyone confirm those dates?

Thanks!

Dee

BTW- Still waiting for reports to come in on the reopening of Hurricane Hanna's. Let's see who the first one to share the good news is.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #627
DisneyDad in PA
Beach Club Fan!!

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year to all of the beach and Yacht Club Fans!!

Not sure yet what our Disney plans are this year but beginning to seriously begin planning.
2008 Aug Poly
2009 Nov Poly
2010 July Beach Club
2011 July Hard Rock Hotel
2012 July Beach Club
2013 Aug Beach Club/Hard Rock Hotel

Me, DW, DS 16, DD 14
Old 01-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #628
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Sorry, I was asking about the YC CL , is this the info for the YC or the BC?
Old 01-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #629
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
Sorry, I was asking about the YC CL , is this the info for the YC or the BC?
Not sure about views of the Fireworks but I can tell you there are five garden view club level rooms at the YC and they are all on the fifth floor.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #630
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not sure about views of the Fireworks but I can tell you there are five garden view club level rooms at the YC and they are all on the fifth floor.
thank you, do you know if they look at the wedding gazebo?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: