Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
Snowcat
Earning My Ears

Need night light ideas for stateroom bathrooms!

I need some help! Looking for ideas for a night light for the bathroom in our stateroom.
We recently (Oct 15-20) cruised out of Galveston with our family and, even though I brought a night light with us, it did not work in the bathroom outlet. Has anyone had any luck with any types of lights that WILL work in the bathroom?? I am pregnant (19 weeks) and I use the bathroom all night long. Leaving the light on is just too bright for me but trying in the dark makes for sore toes, at least the first couple night. W are cruising again next weekend out of Port Canaveral!! Suggestions on what you have tried would be greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!!
Snowcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
vmb123
Disney Mom

We just used the outlet on the desk...it was enough to see your way around and help our kids, while not being too bright to sleep.
vmb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

We brought a battery operated candle. It was perfect, because it lit enough to see to do your business, without blinding us or waking anyone up.

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
super mike b
DIS Veteran

I always travel with a small flashlight and just use that
super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
Snowcat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
We brought a battery operated candle. It was perfect, because it lit enough to see to do your business, without blinding us or waking anyone up.
That's a great idea! I have a couple of those I am now bringing with. THANK YOU!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
SoCaOC-Mom
DIS Veteran

You can also try a glow stick (ideally one of the shorter thick ones with a little rope necklace attacked) and hang it off of the door.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
SoCaOC-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #7
kgionet
Earning My Ears

I always bring a plug in one with a sensor. I'm curious why it wouldn't work in the bathroom outlet. I also use my phone as a clock and a flashlight.
kgionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgionet View Post
I always bring a plug in one with a sensor. I'm curious why it wouldn't work in the bathroom outlet. I also use my phone as a clock and a flashlight.
The bathroom jacks are not normal plugs. They are meant only for razors. The only normal jacks are found behind the TV and next to the vanity.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #9
kgionet
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfaninaz

The bathroom jacks are not normal plugs. They are meant only for razors. The only normal jacks are found behind the TV and next to the vanity.
Well darn...that's not good. I'm trying to understand the logic behind that design decision.
kgionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #10
Snowcat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgionet View Post
Well darn...that's not good. I'm trying to understand the logic behind that design decision.
That logic escapes me also...especially when trying to curl my hair with a curling iron in the middle of the already crowded room! BTW the battery operated candles worked awesome!! Just enough light so I could potty and get back to bed without incident!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
meliscan
Earning My Ears

I am sorry your nightlight didn't work. I just got off the Magic and I used a nightlight the whole trip. I bought a cheap one with a sensor on it and it worked fine. It made a small buzzing noise the first 30 seconds after plugging it in then it worked just fine.
meliscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #12
Docklobster
Earning My Ears

Glow sticks work great. Just need to check them if flying. Can be bought in bulk online.
Docklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #13
pannm
Mouseketeer

I have heard of the problem with the plug in's in the bathroom. We are cruising in the end of Feb/beg. of March and so I had to go searching for tips!

MANY, MANY, MANY people told me to bring an extention cord. I have the perfect one that we're currently using for indoor Christmas decorations! It has a nice, long cord with three separate areas along the cord to plug things in. PLUS, it's SUPER small and will be easy to pack. I thought that this was a great idea, because it doesn't take up room AND it solves more than 1 problem...I've heard that there's no place to plug a curling iron in when you're in the bathroom- so it will work for that. I also want a night light in the bathroom.

Feb/March 2013...FIRST CRUISE (certainly NOT the last!)...July 2012, 4 nights Paridise Pier Disneyland...Sept. 2011, 4 nights pop century 3 nights AKL...March 2011, 11 nights pop century on dinning plan...May 2010, 8 nights all-inclusive Dreams Cabo...December 2010, 5 nights-Royal Pacific Universal resort...October 2009, 5 nights Wilderness Lodge...February 2009, 10 nights split between pop century and animal kingdom lodge...December 2007, 7 nights pop century
pannm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
paloshfamily
Earning My Ears

Battery operated candle and extension cords are great tips! Thanks!
paloshfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
stulaurie
Mouseketeer

If you have a Brookstone Outlet, after Christmas they have the Flameless Candles on clerance. I think I got two in a pack for 10.00. The best part is they have an 8 hour timer so everynight they go on automatically and turn off 8 hours latter. Love them. I even use them at home in the bathrooms for a night light.
stulaurie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: