Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 08:55 PM   #1261
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Happy New Years to all the RC'ers!! May you new year be filled with love, health, happiness, prosperity, and Disney. May the only tears you shed, be ones of joy.

Tonight, everyone stay safe and warm.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-31-2012, 09:39 PM   #1262
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Love to all of you ladies. Wishing you and your families the very best 2013 has to offer.

Thinking of you all ... and I, too, plan on getting that milkshake for our Sarah in a few days time. Milkshakes for Sarah and very much looking forward to meeting up with I_Heart. I think she'll be keeping an eye on us -- making sure we're having a good time in her favourite place.

(For my Facebook pals: I'm going M.I.A. as this is a top-secret hush-hush trip -- only you guys know about it! )
Have a wonderful trip....
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #1263
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I posted this today to Sarah's memorial thread:

A Message from Sarah's husband:

Sarah's husband would like everyone to know that he has read every post on this thread and appreciates all the beautiful sentiments. At this time, it is too difficult for him to post using Sarah's screen name, Jungle Cruiser, but he wants all of you to know that he does read and appreciates every post.

This is a new day, a new year, a new month, so many possibilities. Our dear Sarah would want us to embrace this new day, this new year, this new month and do all we can with it - every minute, every second!

A healthy, happy and prosperous 2013 to all
Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #1264
padawans
DIS Veteran

I'm very sorry to hear about Sarah's passing. Hugs to all her friends and family.

To those of you getting ready to leave for WDW have a safe and wonderful trip.

To everyone else Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #1265
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

It's a New Year! I probably should have made a resolution not to make any resort changes....no, I shouldn't have....because I would have failed on day 1.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #1266
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
It's a New Year! I probably should have made a resolution not to make any resort changes....no, I shouldn't have....because I would have failed on day 1.
Why did you move back to YC???? I though your crew was set on WL CL.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #1267
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Why did you move back to YC???? I though your crew was set on WL CL.

Because I'm clearly a nut job.

No really....it's because YC will be awesome and PIF this month.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #1268
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I won't disagree on either count You ARE at nut job and YC will be awesome!!!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 01-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #1269
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I won't disagree on either count You ARE at nut job and YC will be awesome!!!!!

On another note, my DD8 has been working on this top secret book for the past few weeks for me. Well, today it was finally done and I got to read it...and it was basically a Disney touring/information guide...with illustrations and everything! It was pretty amazing! She's so cute!

Oh and Jen!!!. You must be getting psyched to call about that discount on Thursday!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #1270
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

On another note, my DD8 has been working on this top secret book for the past few weeks for me. Well, today it was finally done and I got to read it...and it was basically a Disney touring/information guide...with illustrations and everything! It was pretty amazing! She's so cute!

Oh and Jen!!!. You must be getting psyched to call about that discount on Thursday!!!!
That is awesome!!!! She knows you so well!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 01-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #1271
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Sorry, I haven't been up to posting here, sort of down I guess. But it is a New Year, and I have lots to be thankful and excited for.

CandaceYes I am stoked.....I plan to be hiding on the phone in the morning for a while I think! The DD's don't go back to school until next Monday so they will be here with me. We don't plan on keeping this trip a total secret like the last one but are not going to tell them just yet. I will just have to think of where to lock myself in to use the phone!

I love that your DD wrote a Disney story....we have brainwashed them so well!
Jen
Old 01-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #1272
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

I am sticking with YC GV for 12 nights. We should be checking in a few days after you leave. I did upgrade to CL, but that only lasted about 2 hours. I don't want to go overboard on spending this trip since we're going back in September. September with 40% off is a pretty sweet deal...I can't say much for Sept weather.

I don't see any changes except maybe reducing it to 10 nights and spending a couple nights at a new resort. I would love to try GF, SSR or maybe just a couple of nights at AKL or CSR.

I think YC is great choice for you. I wouldn't stress over the CL. CL at YC is not as good as WL. I would think long and hard about spending the extra money on YC CL. I think you will really enjoy the location, the pool, and dinners at Epcot. The free concerts during the F&G can be entertaining. The Boardwalk at night is also fun. I think you made a great choice, but will it stick.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #1273
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Sorry, I haven't been up to posting here, sort of down I guess. But it is a New Year, and I have lots to be thankful and excited for.

CandaceYes I am stoked.....I plan to be hiding on the phone in the morning for a while I think! The DD's don't go back to school until next Monday so they will be here with me. We don't plan on keeping this trip a total secret like the last one but are not going to tell them just yet. I will just have to think of where to lock myself in to use the phone!

I love that your DD wrote a Disney story....we have brainwashed them so well!
Jen
Jen, I get being down, but yes you def have something magical to look forward to! Put in the girls fav movie Thursday morning and head to the bathroom or bedroom closet, lol!!! Wishing you luck for Thursday and sending lots of HUGS to help brighten your mood just a tad!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 01-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #1274
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I am sticking with YC GV for 12 nights. We should be checking in a few days after you leave. I did upgrade to CL, but that only lasted about 2 hours. I don't want to go overboard on spending this trip since we're going back in September. September with 40% off is a pretty sweet deal...I can't say much for Sept weather.

I don't see any changes except maybe reducing it to 10 nights and spending a couple nights at a new resort. I would love to try GF, SSR or maybe just a couple of nights at AKL or CSR.

I think YC is great choice for you. I wouldn't stress over the CL. CL at YC is not as good as WL. I would think long and hard about spending the extra money on YC CL. I think you will really enjoy the location, the pool, and dinners at Epcot. The free concerts during the F&G can be entertaining. The Boardwalk at night is also fun. I think you made a great choice, but will it stick.
Padawans: Will our May dates overlap?? We are there the 15 - 20.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #1275
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jen, I get being down, but yes you def have something magical to look forward to! Put in the girls fav movie Thursday morning and head to the bathroom or bedroom closet, lol!!! Wishing you luck for Thursday and sending lots of HUGS to help brighten your mood just a tad!!!

thanks Melissa

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: