Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #16
swilshire
DIS Veteran

I would definitely check my rental agreement and ask for compensation for the angst and time it's going to take to find another property for the busiest week of the year. If you can grab a Mystic Dunes week, you will probably be happy with it. We own the week between Christmas and New Years. It's always been very busy, but maybe the new Diamond Resorts ownership has changed things. They were remodeling when we were there last, so things should be in tip top shape by now.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #17
7165red
DIS Veteran

check out www.orlandovillas.com
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #18
auprincess
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry this happened! I don't have much to offer...maybe you could take the other availability and just stay one night at a hotel? Obviously not ideal, especially if you don't have a car. Again, sorry you are dealing with this!
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #19
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Not sure how many of your are traveling... I saw that Buena Vista Suites and Caribe Royale All Suites Resort still have availability. From what I saw, they still have king suites with pull out sofas available. They have seperate living rooms and bedrooms, but not a full kitchen. You can get discount rates through a link on the Mousesavers site.

I would also recommend calling Vacation Strategy and see what they can do about getting you into Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

I also plugged your dates into Dreams Res on the DIS home page and several available options came up including Sheraton Vistana, Embassy Suites, Doubletree Suites, Staybridge Suites and Holiday Inn DTD.

Just trying to give you options so that you can still go on your trip. We will be there at WBC (booked through VS) at the same time. Good luck!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #20
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

Go to vrbo.com and select your dates--see what's available. I found 5 homes in Indian CReek available for your dates. We love Indian Creek
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #21
shell8558
DIS Veteran

We used vrbo to rent Wyndham Bonnet Creek this year. (Turned out that the vrbo listing was with Vacation Strategy - and we loved it!) Everything went smooth and the resort is beautiful! I have also stayed at The Caribe, prior to checking into my disney resort and we really liked that hotel/resort also. It is a short 1 mile drive into the gates of Disney and was beautiful. The room was big and had a washer/dryer. Good Luck and keep the faith!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #22
LeahA
DIS Veteran

That totally stinks!

I hope you find something, check out windsor hills rent. We are staying there next week.
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #23
Kay1
Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!
The only tricky part is judging when the actual boiling begins

I wish you the best, OP, and hope you'll let us know how it all turned out.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #24
minnie10
Mouseketeer

This happened to me on December 15th. I had bought a stay at Bonnet Creek for New Years Eve back in March. That day the seller contacts and says sorry but my reservation had been cancelled by someone hacking her Wyndham account. It turns out I haven't received even a dime refund. I lost my $359 apparently. Lesson learned. I don't trust this seller on Ebay now and I will never buy outside of Ebay's 45 day window protection. I had bought many Bonnet Creek stays on Ebay and never had a problem. I will continue to buy them, but even if the seller has 100 percent I won't buy outside of the protection time wndow.

Last edited by minnie10; 12-24-2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: punctuation
minnie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #25
Mickeypooh99
DIS Veteran

I know someone who this happened too. They had tried everything to get their money back, and weren't having any luck. They ended up contacting their credit card company (they had paid with a credit card) and the credit card refunded their money. It was for a Christmas time vacation last year. It sounds very similar, because they were also offered a different home.

They ended up finding a hotel to stay in, but it wasn't ideal. They had been booked in a large house for their entire group, but they ended up needing several hotel rooms. The hotel had enough rooms, but they were all spread out, and not even all on the same floors.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #26
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaidmuse View Post
We just got a call that our villa that we booked and paid for in August is suddenly unavailable (due to the owner wanting it so says the rental company) but they have another villa much farther away that they could let us have BUT for one less day!

I hope you managed to find a place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypooh99 View Post
I know someone who this happened too. They had tried everything to get their money back, and weren't having any luck. They ended up contacting their credit card company (they had paid with a credit card) and the credit card refunded their money. It was for a Christmas time vacation last year. It sounds very similar, because they were also offered a different home.
This sounds like a racket. A reputable rental agency isn't going to have owners pulling houses that've been rented out like that; their contracts wouldn't allow it.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:17 AM   #27
Ckania
Earning My Ears

I have used Globalresorthomes.com for my last three Disney trips and have never been disappointed. I cannot believe an owner would be able to cancel your reservation like that!
Ckania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #28
mermaidmuse
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much!

First off I just wanted to say thanks to all the kind folks who took the time to make suggestions as to other options for us. Much appreciated!
We did find a last minute rental through Vacation Strategy - we were very lucky!

We are here now and having a wonderful time. But we are still fighting win our original company to get our money refunded - he says he will refund it when he has a chance - say what Luckily we paid with Visa and we have been in touch with them - they say it can take 10 days to process a refund if at that time it hasn't been done, we contact them and they take it from there.

Unfortunately it doesn't say much in our contract about the company cancelling on us (just the renter) but Visa says it won't be a problem. We have done some digging and found the rental company has an F rating with the better business bureau. . Guess I should have checked that before eh? We have rented many times through vrbo and never had a problem - guess we need to be more careful in the future!

Again - thanks everyone for your advice.

Happy New Year!
mermaidmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #29
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

You really need to file an official complaint against that broker with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. If you don't, they will continue ripping people off.

Get your money back first, and then file a complaint.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote