Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #61
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpySue
I just booked a split stay at the WDW Swan and then the Ft. Wilderness Cabins. I can see the Ft. Wilderness Cabins ressie on the website but not the Swan. I also received an e-mail confirmation for the Cabins but again nothing for the Swan ??

I called and they said they see my Swan reservation and that I should wait 48hours for confirmation ??? Why one and not the other ??
The Swan is not operated by Walt Disney World. They have to relay the reservation to the third party operator of the hotel and await confirmation return from that operator.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #62
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchdisneyfamily View Post
I went on to price another vacation for next Christmas. I already have one booked for this summer. Every time I wanted to check out a package, it threatened to erase my currently booked vacation. Before I hardly clicked on anything a survey popped up. I clicked yes to take it because they need to know what a mess it is. After taking a very long survey, I finally got back to the website and gave up in frustration. My husband linked in under his account and it was the old website! We got the info we wanted. Finally!
Same thing happened to me today. Almost immediately after getting on the website(and not being able to click on ANYTHING!!!!), the survey popped up and I took it because they need to know how horrible the new site is. Also I figured I wasn't able to do anything on the website, so I might as well do the survey.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #63
ChimneysweepGeorge
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post
I hope you stayed on the phone after the call and gave her a bad rating. If not, or if you feel like her customer service was bad enough to warrant an e-mail, I would e-mail Disney and tell them how rude and unknowledgeable she was. They take that kind of stuff seriously.
Yes, yes I did. I went to the feedback website to provide still more information because I was just that annoyed. Comcast/Verizon/EA provide better customer experiences than this. Apparently, the feedback form isn't working properly either because once I clicked "Next" I got a page error and no way to go back. I hate to have a single experience and the resulting fallout tinge a 3 decade history with an otherwise great company but considering how every attempt to solicit some sort of response has failed (I'd be totally happy with a; "That's not up to our standards and we are sorry"), I'm disappointed on a cosmic scale.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #64
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChimneysweepGeorge
... I'm disappointed on a cosmic scale.
Cosmic Disappointment.. Universe-Galaxy Level Disappointment. That very accurately sums up how this on-going failure of a website launch is going for Disney.

True story, 1997 I was offered the job of managing the websites for Disney Parks in North America. I almost accepted but in the end chose to stay with my employer at the time, NBC Television.

In some ways when I see them continuing to fail so significantly I sit and wonder.. "What if" .. .

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #65
ChimneysweepGeorge
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy View Post
In some ways when I see them continuing to fail so significantly I sit and wonder.. "What if" .. .
I guess that would depend where in the food chain these decisions are coming from. You might have headed this off at the pass or you might be raging with the situation that got dumped in your lap.

I'm in web development too and I *get* that sometimes your staging and production environments aren't exactly the same and surprises happen but the way they've been handling the issues is what really seem most "unDisney." At the very least inform the phone people or just roll it back to the last working iteration. Given that the biggest differentiation over their competition is insanely good customer service, having a major train wreck and be perceived to be doing exactly nothing isn't a shrewd strategy.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #66
jennibell7
Earning My Ears

I sent an email on 12/17 to which I got a reply on 12/18. No response from the resorts online team. I won't hold my breath but I will continue to contact them. Reply to my email is below:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort. Your message has
been forwarded to the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online team.

We are sorry for the disappointments you experienced with the new My
Reservations page. Please know your comments have been shared with
various areas of our Online Team. This allows us to identify areas of
opportunity for improvement.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us."
jennibell7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #67
cwt580
DIS Veteran

wow i just called and made a change to our ressie for the last night. moving from WL to Contemporary TPV for our last night. went back to new website and was able to link both ressies and all dining and EVERYTHING is correct........

CM stated that they know of issues but are almost done working on them. Trying to get done before Jan 03.. she said.....

we are just excited to get one night CR TPV on our final night.....

cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #68
Sue M
DIS Veteran

wow, this is unbelievable. I'm so glad in Canada we haven't gotten this new web site YET, and hopefully when we do the glitches will be ironed out.
So sorry for all your frustration.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #69
ryckpen
Earning My Ears

grrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
wow, this is unbelievable. I'm so glad in Canada we haven't gotten this new web site YET, and hopefully when we do the glitches will be ironed out.
Hello again Sue. I have been locked out of site for days now can't get to Disney World at all. So happy you had no issues. Gives us all a chance to use the emoticon lol
ryckpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #70
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

I changed my reservations over the phone and can view them now; however, I can only view two of my dining reservations.
August 2014 - Alaska on the Wonder
May 2015 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
December 2015 - Bahamas on the Wonder
dclwonderprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #71
brekin67
DIS Veteran

I used the chat feature to let them know I need help getting my reservation to link. Here is the reply.

Boyd: We are currently experiencing some Magical Enhancements and they are working on restoring that feature as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience!
brekin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #72
cwt580
DIS Veteran

i could only see some of my adr's until i tried our other phone number and it linked up all the rest....

cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #73
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryckpen View Post
Hello again Sue. I have been locked out of site for days now can't get to Disney World at all. So happy you had no issues. Gives us all a chance to use the emoticon lol
Have you tried using Google Chrome? I noticed that Disney had it recommended in their software section so I downloaded it. I call it my "Disney Browser". I can use any/all websites on IE, but have to use Chrome if I'm doing anything Disney
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #74
calngavinsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryckpen View Post
I too am totally locked out.....not good for an obsessive planner like myself I almost NEED to check on on of my ressies every day and to check to see if there are any "better" ones.....but I cannot do ANYTHING

So add me to the list of Loyal Disney customers who are

Good luck everyone

calngavinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #75
Martyap
Mouseketeer

Finally!

Our reservations finally popped up on the new website this morning!
Martyap is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: