Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
BippityBoppity
Mouseketeer

Galveston Park n Cruise

Has anyone ever used Galveston Park n Cruise?
How far of a walk is it to the cruise terminal? From what I can find it appears to be just steps away. Also, what has been your experience with them? We are hoping to get our 4-wheel drive suburban in the indoor parking area.

Thank you
BippityBoppity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
dbenlee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoppity View Post
Has anyone ever used Galveston Park n Cruise?
How far of a walk is it to the cruise terminal? From what I can find it appears to be just steps away. Also, what has been your experience with them? We are hoping to get our 4-wheel drive suburban in the indoor parking area.

Thank you
We have used Galveston Park n Cruise several times and love it. It is literally right across the street from the cruise terminal. You pull up to the terminal and drop off bags and people, the driver takes the vehicle and parks and walks back. Takes about 10 minutes total. Our experience with them has been very good and we will continue to use them when we cruise out of Galveston. We have only used the outdoor parking areas. They are fenced and gated.
June 2004 * Wilderness Lodge (sons first visit) --- June 2005 * Wilderness Lodge --- June 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- November 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- May/June 2007 * Yacht Club --- June 2008 Land & Sea * Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian and Disney Wonder 3 nights --- December 5, 2008 * Beach Club Resort --- ]une 13, 2009 * Disney Magic 7 nights --- June 4 to 18, 2010 * Bay Lake Towers --- [COLOR="Red"]June 12 to 17, 2011 * Disney Dream --- December 16-20, 2011 * Bay Lake Towers --- May 31 to June 11 2012 * Aulani --- February 1-5, 2013 * Disney Magic --- June 15, 2013 * Disney Fantasy 7 night Eastern Caribbean --- November 24, 2013 * Disney Magic 5 night Western Caribbean --- June 10-14, 2014 * Aulani
Looking forward to many more with DW (Texas Disney Fan) and DS14!!

DISDad member #2

dbenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
owigotprcd
Earning My Ears

I might need this! How much do they charge?
owigotprcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
BippityBoppity
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenlee View Post
We have used Galveston Park n Cruise several times and love it. It is literally right across the street from the cruise terminal. You pull up to the terminal and drop off bags and people, the driver takes the vehicle and parks and walks back. Takes about 10 minutes total. Our experience with them has been very good and we will continue to use them when we cruise out of Galveston. We have only used the outdoor parking areas. They are fenced and gated.
Thank you. I googled it and it really looked close, plus I wanted to make sure of their reputation.
BippityBoppity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
dbenlee
DIS Veteran

Something I am just remembering is that Galveston Park n Cruise may not be taking reservations for Disney cruises. I just tried to reserve our upcoming Disney cruise out of Galveston and got a message that they are sold out. I checked other random dates through Nov 2013 and got the same message for all of them. After seeing that I started remembering that I read somewhere how they had canceled peoples reservations for the Disney cruises and refunded their money just after Disney started cruising out of Galveston. Truth be known, I have never heard good things about all of the parking areas around the port. We have only used the ports parking area and Park n Cruise. The only issue I have with the port parking is the long lines that can sometimes happen waiting on shuttles after debarkation at the end of the cruise.
June 2004 * Wilderness Lodge (sons first visit) --- June 2005 * Wilderness Lodge --- June 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- November 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- May/June 2007 * Yacht Club --- June 2008 Land & Sea * Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian and Disney Wonder 3 nights --- December 5, 2008 * Beach Club Resort --- ]une 13, 2009 * Disney Magic 7 nights --- June 4 to 18, 2010 * Bay Lake Towers --- [COLOR="Red"]June 12 to 17, 2011 * Disney Dream --- December 16-20, 2011 * Bay Lake Towers --- May 31 to June 11 2012 * Aulani --- February 1-5, 2013 * Disney Magic --- June 15, 2013 * Disney Fantasy 7 night Eastern Caribbean --- November 24, 2013 * Disney Magic 5 night Western Caribbean --- June 10-14, 2014 * Aulani
Looking forward to many more with DW (Texas Disney Fan) and DS14!!

DISDad member #2

dbenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
Brooksmakingmemories
Earning My Ears

I checked Galveston Park n Cruise for our March sail date and found it sold out. Any other parking recommendations?
Brooksmakingmemories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
owigotprcd
Earning My Ears

We are looking into doing the one way 10$ a day car rentals from Avis I think. If they can come get the vehicle, it may work out. We live two hours away, so this would be perfect.
owigotprcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #8
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksmakingmemories View Post
I checked Galveston Park n Cruise for our March sail date and found it sold out. Any other parking recommendations?
We used Lighthouse Parking and were quite satisfied. It's a bit farther away but they offer a free shuttle. Parking is elevated, fenced, and covered.
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #9
Disney Fans
Disney Fans

I heard boivalet.com is good, covered parking and right by the port do not have to walk far at all.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #10
Brooksmakingmemories
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the help! Going to get this booked so I can move on to worrying about other cruise details!!
Brooksmakingmemories is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: