Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #16
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny25 View Post
Hi my friend listen to me please , donīt worry at all about donīt have a Disney Visa, you can wait until Jan 3, or one week more, or 2, and you will have plenty of rooms at any resort that you want, the percentage of reservations of Disney Visa card holders is really minimal compared to the general public, and I will tell you something more, the percentage of people knowing that this offer will come out Jan 3 is really small too, even inside this boards some members donīt even know about this offer, sometimes is funny see some people calling at first hours of the morning when the FD is released to get the room that they want and I have see 40 days later of the release of the offer, a LOT of rooms at all resorts with availability. So RELAX and enjoy the New Year you will get all the rooms that you want I PROMISE
Thank you Danny .... you are doing a better job to calm me than any CM I chatted into tonight !!!
Shaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #17
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrhine View Post
That is the question?

This is a special trip for two reasons. My first trip to Disney ever was for my 8th Birthday with just my Mom and I, and she continued to take me back almost every year after that until I was 21. "Our" resort was always POFQ once it opened, and she even started going with DH and I when we had our girls to help us. This past June 16th, she passed away from ovarian cancer, and right before she passed away she told my DH to take me to Disney for my 40th B-day since she won't be here to do it. Well we are booked April 20-28th for my 40th on April 24th at POFQ "Our" resort, do I change for a discount for stay for the memories?

Ugh....I don't really know how much I could really save by moving resorts.
So sad and happy ... we took my mom for her first time last year. She has ovarian cancer as well, 5 years in . Blessed that she is still with us though. I'd suggest looking at POR Magnolia bend section. Try to get the one building .... cant remember name.... its like 50 yards from FQ. Just across a bridge. Savings in POR are significant. 1100 for US for 10 days.
Shaden is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #18
dlrhine
DIS Veteran who was away for a while (having babies!) but I'm back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
So sad and happy ... we took my mom for her first time last year. She has ovarian cancer as well, 5 years in . Blessed that she is still with us though. I'd suggest looking at POR Magnolia bend section. Try to get the one building .... cant remember name.... its like 50 yards from FQ. Just across a bridge. Savings in POR are significant. 1100 for US for 10 days.
Thanks... I might look into POR. I actually stayed there when it was Dixielandings for my Honeymoon. We are 8 nights so it might be worth it. I just like how close everything is to the main building at POFQ. I've also thought about looking at what it would cost to upgrade to a deluxe. My two girls really like the boat to DD so they really don't want to change. We'll see, I still have a week to figure it out.

On another note, yeah for your Mom!!! My Mom was 3 months until it would have been her 5 year mark with Ovarian Cancer, she was just too weak to fight anymore.
dlrhine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #19
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Thanks Danny for your reassurance. I am so worried that there won't be anything left on Jan 3 but your kind words make me feel much better.
I have never been very good at waiting!!!

Carla
Old 12-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #20
3LittleMice
Earning My Ears

Hi there! This is my first post. We are currently booked at BLT June 3rd-11th. It looks like there will not be a discount available for this resort using the Spring promo. Am I correct or missing something? Thanks!
3LittleMice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #21
andersonfamily
Mouseketeer

I called to get the poly for march 16-19 and only got 5 percent off on the room rate vs. what I saw when I did a room only online with no discount. For some reason she also quoted me only a 150 discount from the online package price if upgraded it to a package with tickets.
2014 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise 3/15/2014
DD9, DD7, DS5

andersonfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #22
catnik

DIS Veteran

We booked our stay at the Contemporary atrium level for end of May. Our savings under the Disney Visa discount is ~$400. Definitely not 20% off but better than nothing. I think we will just have to adjust to Disney's new price points and declining discounts and plan our future vacations accordingly.

1993@Contemporary; 1995@Buena Vista Resort; 1996@Wilderness Lodge; 1997@Dixing Landing; 1998@Port Orleans/French Quarter; 1999@Polynesian; 2000@Disneyland Hotel (concierge); 2004@Polynesian (concierge); 2005@Beach Club (concierge); 2006@Port Orleans/Riverside; October 2007:Wilderness Lodge Villas and AKL (concierge); May 2010: Bay Lake Towers; Wilderness Lodge Villas November 2011; Poly CL May 2013; upcoming: Poly November 2013

catnik is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: