Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
pannm
Mouseketeer

Anywhere to drink out of a coconut? Cozumel or G. Cayman???

My girls are both really wanting to drink out of a coconut...more just for the fun of saying they did it than anything else!

Our ports are Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I would appreciate a place close to the port area, so we don't have to use a taxi to get there- but any tips would be welcome! It's kind of an odd thing, but my girls really would love to do it!

Feb/March 2013...FIRST CRUISE (certainly NOT the last!)...July 2012, 4 nights Paridise Pier Disneyland...Sept. 2011, 4 nights pop century 3 nights AKL...March 2011, 11 nights pop century on dinning plan...May 2010, 8 nights all-inclusive Dreams Cabo...December 2010, 5 nights-Royal Pacific Universal resort...October 2009, 5 nights Wilderness Lodge...February 2009, 10 nights split between pop century and animal kingdom lodge...December 2007, 7 nights pop century
pannm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
gumbypee
DIS Veteran

There were random guys at grand cayman port selling them- I didn't see anyone buy or drink though
gumbypee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
susiee
Earning My Ears

We bought 2 in Grand Cayman....right in the little shopping area. They will cut it and poke a straw into it for you. You could also scoop out the inside flesh to eat (tell them and they'll make a little spoon from the coconut shell).
Enjoy!
susiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
huskydogg
Mouseketeer

I wondered about this too, but we will be on the East cruise. Any tips on where to find in St Thomas or San Juan?
Old 01-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
melwill530
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskydogg
I wondered about this too, but we will be on the East cruise. Any tips on where to find in St Thomas or San Juan?
Duffy's Love Shack in Red Hook on St. Thomas has a souvenir coconut cup they serve drinks in that you can take home. Not an off the tree coconut but you get to keep it and it is not plastic!
melwill530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
melwill530
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by melwill530

Duffy's Love Shack in Red Hook on St. Thomas has a souvenir coconut cup they serve drinks in that you can take home. Not an off the tree coconut but you get to keep it and it is not plastic!
They have an alcoholic drink called the Lime n the coconut but I bet you could get a virgin drink for the kids. We are going there on our cruise. They have good food too.

They serve most of their drinks in fun souvenir glasses! I like the Wacky Pinapple, the Booty Call, and the Pirates Painkiller!
melwill530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #7
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

We got coconut drinks at Mr.Sancho's in cozumel.

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:28 AM   #8
huskydogg
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tips! And OP... Don't feel like you need to explain why you are asking. Coconuts are unique to those who don't live anywhere near them. I spent a month in the Philippines a few years ago and climbed a volcano where a local was sitting selling fresh coconuts on ice with straws to sip the liquid from. The BEST drink I had over there

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: