Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #31
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran

In the port area you can sign up for a dolphin swim. The nice thing is you can sit close by and take your own photos.

Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western

TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #32
SucalT
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AladdinsPrincess View Post
Stay on the ship!
Maya Chan in Costa Maya is actually one of my FAVORITE places to be!

To each their own.
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #33
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

We just did a ruins tour with the village lunch option through Native Choice (on 12/21/12!). Check-in felt a bit disorganized but staff were pleasant. I thought I had booked a private tour for the five of us; however, it turned out to be part of a group of 15. After that initial disappointment, the tour was absolutely wonderful. The only problem was that this particular van was physically difficult for most of the group to get into....high threshold and nothing to grab onto (most such vehicles have handles of some type to pull yourself up on); a step-stool would have been most appreciated. Our guide, Joel, was friendly and gave us tons of information. I cannot recommend the home visit highly enough...it made the difference between a good day and a great day.

We returned to the port area at 3:30pm, with an all-aboard time of 5. My daughter shopped for and purchased jewelry at TI, but the process took at least an hour (still not sure why?). She (and we, because we weren't getting on the ship without her!) boarded at 5:02, which was stressful, to say the least! We went ahead and took the tram to the ship, then waited outside the gangway until she arrived (running ). There were still five people who boarded after us! Maxine, the Wonder's shopping diva, kept an eye on things and made sure all was well, and the ship wasn't leaving without everyone on board. The officers, of course, knew who hadn't checked in and were watching the l-o-n-g pier, doing a head count as departure time arrived. While it was stressful (I know, I already said that, but it WAS), it was also very interesting. DD's comment was "I never thought I'd be one of THOSE people" (the last minute boarders )
If we're in CM again, I'll plan a beach visit, or just spend time in the port area. There really isn't much else to do here.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #34
canadiandisneycruise
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabuzz

Completely agree!!!

We were just at Tropicante last week. It was our favorite port day(crappy weather in Cozomel and GC) we lounged in or lounge chairs on the beach being waited on. Had great food, delicious and cheap frozen margaritas, massages, and my son played on the very calm water!! It was such a fun day...just thinking about it has me longing to go back to Tropicante!!
We did this too! We had a lovely warm afternoon. Not windy, and calm shallow water! We just ordered cheap beer, my daughter and aunt had a great 1/2 hour massage for $15, and the girls got henna "tattoos". Vendors do stop, but they are not pushy! I did buy three silver bangles that I love! Got home and saw a beaded bracelet my daughter bought at our dollar store! It was by far the most inexpensive and relaxing excursion of the trip!
canadiandisneycruise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas, costa maya, fantasy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: