Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #211
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralew View Post
Going or 5 days - kids will b 5 and 2. Which parks do u think is best? Also should we do park hopper?
We definitely stick mostly to MK and Epcot. I'd completely ditch DHS if I had to choose. My DD was 3 when we went last and she enjoyed the safari and Donald's breakfast at Tusker House in AK. We didn't really do anything in DHS except eat at a less than good breakfast meal with Little Einsteins, Oso and Handy Manny. I wasn't about to run for fast passes for Toy Story Mania. I find DHS is best for older kids and people who like thrill rides. DD wouldn't do Disney Playhouse, so that's something else to consider. She thought it was too dark. Also wouldn't do Little Mermaid and Belle was closed when we were there. Even so, both DHS and AK are slightly more than 1/2 a day for us. We ALWAYS get park hoppers, just in case something is a big hit we wouldn't have expected, as so we have the freedom of eating at a different park than we've been in most of the day.

lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #212
alice21
Earning My Ears

First happy new year to all, we are planing to go in November and have seen some comments about there being no free dining in 2013, just wanted to let you know I received 2 offers yesterday in the mail:

First is 35% off on stays from 1/2-3/24/13, 4/22-5/22/13 and 8/11-9/28/13 book before 2/16/13

Second: free dining for arrivals 1/2-3/7/13

To bad I'm not planing on those dates
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #213
Saralew
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmc318

We definitely stick mostly to MK and Epcot. I'd completely ditch DHS if I had to choose. My DD was 3 when we went last and she enjoyed the safari and Donald's breakfast at Tusker House in AK. We didn't really do anything in DHS except eat at a less than good breakfast meal with Little Einsteins, Oso and Handy Manny. I wasn't about to run for fast passes for Toy Story Mania. I find DHS is best for older kids and people who like thrill rides. DD wouldn't do Disney Playhouse, so that's something else to consider. She thought it was too dark. Also wouldn't do Little Mermaid and Belle was closed when we were there. Even so, both DHS and AK are slightly more than 1/2 a day for us. We ALWAYS get park hoppers, just in case something is a big hit we wouldn't have expected, as so we have the freedom of eating at a different park than we've been in most of the day.
Thanks- I am thinking MK , animal kingdom and Epcot. Hoping to get reservations for the Tusker house for breakfast the day we r visiting AK.
Saralew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #214
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice21 View Post
First happy new year to all, we are planing to go in November and have seen some comments about there being no free dining in 2013, just wanted to let you know I received 2 offers yesterday in the mail:

First is 35% off on stays from 1/2-3/24/13, 4/22-5/22/13 and 8/11-9/28/13 book before 2/16/13

Really??? That's awesome news! Gives me hope! I haven't gotten anything in the mail for a year, though. Have to figure out why.

Does anyone know if there is a new DVD out now with the new Fantasy Land on it yet? Last one I have mentions it but doesn't show anything.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #215
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice21 View Post

I think when people say no free dining, they mean to the general public. I have seen many get the pin codes including my parents, but as you said they don't go up to November anyway. Here's to hoping something good comes out.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #216
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Yes I should have said general public offer.... Also I don't really know, they don't give me an inside or anything. I am just guessing that they are trying to do away with it. I also believe that after some time without discounts, they will start them again because they will have to fill rooms.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #217
tigerali
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Going or 5 days - kids will b 5 and 2. Which parks do u think is best? Also should we do park hopper?
I love the flexibility of a park hopper, but if it's your first trip and you have two young kids, i don't think you'll be concerned with hopping too much. With 5 days, you could go to each of the 4 parks for a full day and then choose your favorite to return to at the end.

When we took dd, she was 2.5 and we ended up skipping DHS. We just felt that the attractions there were mainly shows and her attention span wasn't much for that at that time. This next trip she'll love the shows, though. It depends on the personality of your kids, really!
08/2012 - Kid-free weekend at POP!
02/2013 - Disney Magic from Galveston
11/2013: Thanksgiving 2013 at POP!
Next Up: DLR July 2013/
Disney Wonder Thanksgiving 2015
tigerali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #218
lindap1
DIS Veteran

We went on our first WDW trip in 2011 with a 4 year old and we got parkhoppers Didn't need it, because once she got back to the pool there was no going to any other park. This year she'll be almost 7 when we go, so we'll defintely get the hoppers this time.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #219
lmc318

We used the park hoppers when dd was 3, mostly because we didn't know going in what she would like. Turned out Epcot was her favorite and we needed park hoppers to be mostly in MK and Epcot and still make our ADRs.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #220
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

We will be heading back November 29-Dec. 4 staying at The Wilderness Lodge. It's not as long of a trip as I would like...but I'm a teacher and can only use 3 personal days...and I can't talk DH out of missing Thanksgiving at home! So I figure we'll just plan, plan, plan...and hopefully the crowds calm after Thanksgiving!!
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #221
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Planning first family trip 11/6-11/11-cant wait... We are staying off site. Need any advice people can give me. My husband and kids have never been and the last time I went was in 1998.
My family stayed off-site (we rented a house in Davenport) our first two years. We did enjoy it and the primary reason we stay on-site now is because of free dining. If we don't get a good discount, we may be back to the house! LOL Do a Google search of the address where you are staying and look for a local Wal-Mart or Target or anything else you might need.

What other advice were you looking for?

OH! And since you are staying off-site....when the hours come out, make sure you avoid the parks that have morning extra magic hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmc318 View Post
I was one of those people that was planning to meet and didn't get there. I found it difficult to be in the right place at the right time, especially with a 3 year old. I wanted to be at that meet, though, and DH got a call from work. I remember because I was almost out the door to the monorail to head back to MK! I met one other October 2011 DISer on that trip, and that was after about 20 texts back and forth while we were in AK. Wound up about 4 hours after we started that we finally caught up to each other. And AK is small!
Totally understand!!! I think, this trip, I'm going to miss a lot of people because we are going so early in the month. It looks like a lot of you guys will be there the 10th and after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post
No free dining announcement last night. Also Danny25 let it out that free dining was changing this year..... QSDP for mods and deluxes and nothing for values. He didn't give dates yet but made it sound like next offer would be for last summer.

Sorry to crush everyone's free dining dreams. And Danny25 is VERY reliable. He has informed us here on the Dis about upcoming promotions for a while and has always been right.
I agree that Danny25 has solid info. I'm disappointed because I really like FD, but I will upgrade if I need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
I am happy with any discount. The next deal has already been announced. It isn't a good one and only for dates up to June. Right now it is only available to Disney Visa, but January 3Rd will be released to everyone. It is a percentage off room discount plus a small savings on tickets, if you buy them through a package. I would be happy to get free QSDP. I would pay to upgrade to regular though. I think what is going to happen with their new idea is that they won't be able to fill value resorts. Many people will upgrade to moderate to get the free dining, even if it is just QSDP.
Yup....I'll be one of those. I will definitely upgrade if the only free dining that is offered is QS. However, if no free dining is offered, we may stay off-site.

Quote:
In 2006, we travelled with our then almost 5 year old and a 6 year old. We did all the parks. We are nerds, so we tend to gravitate towards Epcot. It is a park we all like. However, we enjoy all the parks.

We do get park hoppers and have on every previous trip. We are very early risers so we start the day at one park and then hop somewhere else in the afternoon (usually Epcot. lol). Sometimes we take a midday break, but not often. Usually we leave from, say, MK or AK and head over to Epcot and just lazily walk around Future World and World Showcase (and that's why we go during the F&W Festival as well).

As for MGM (sorry...DHS...I'm old school!), I agree with Lisa....I could leave it for the most part. I like the old-Hollywood feel, but there's really not enough to do to last all day. We are usually done by 11am. Although, I could ride Star Tours over and over and over again! (told you I was a nerd! )

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW

Last edited by FigmentChick; 01-02-2013 at 08:31 AM.
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #222
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytocalliesue View Post
We will be heading back November 29-Dec. 4 staying at The Wilderness Lodge. It's not as long of a trip as I would like...but I'm a teacher and can only use 3 personal days...and I can't talk DH out of missing Thanksgiving at home! So I figure we'll just plan, plan, plan...and hopefully the crowds calm after Thanksgiving!!
The crowds should be great on Dec 1-4, I think the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th TouringPlans has listed as a 2 out of 10. I really wanted to go this week, but atm it looks like we're going to be going the week prior to Thanksgiving instead.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #223
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Nothing booked yet, but I've settled on our "if we can get it" dream itinerary. At 7 month mark I'll be trying for/waitlisting for Nov 16/17 in a studio at Boardwalk, probably pool/garden view, will wait list for a standard or Boardwalk view if I have a wait list available; then on Nov 18-21 in a Bay Lake Tower 1 bedroom for 4 nights Lake view, with AK Savannah view as a back up and waitlist BLT if I can't get it. Thinking we'll probably get the dining plan for the first two nights at Boardwalk so I can go to Garden Grill, and pick one other decent TS at a reasonable price and use our CS credits over 3 days.

Not sure but if that doesn't feel like enough park time, do one night at Universal or near the MCO airport on the way out, on Friday the 22nd and fly out Saturday the 23rd. We felt like we didn't get to see enough of Universal on our first trip since a friend who works there contacted me in the middle of the trip to offer us tickets and we just shoe-horned one day in. Otherwise we might try to squeeze a single Universal day into the middle of the trip, which would be better for taking panchos and slippers to go on water rides then heading back to our villa to wash the clothes.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #224
tillman4
Mouseketeer

1st time to post- our family will be there Nov. 26- Dec. 1. We were there in 2009 for same dates. Loved Thanksgiving at Disney. Staying Carribean Beach pirate room (again). Can't wait to make ADRs!!
tillman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #225
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

Hello all

Just a friendly reminder to PM the OP when you have made your reservations. I know that if it is just posed on here, I will miss some of them, and I don't want to leave anyone out!

So if you don't see your name on the list right now, please PM me to be put on

Last edited by DisneyLvr55; 01-02-2013 at 05:23 PM.
DisneyLvr55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: