Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #46
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sorry CRT wasn't the best. I have yet to eat there. I'd like to eat there just because it's in the castle. But the price & lackluster sounding food keep me from booking it. Maybe one day I'll just do it.

Narcoosee's sounds fantastic! That is one of the signatures at the top of my "must try" list.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #47
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Sorry CRT wasn't the best. I have yet to eat there. I'd like to eat there just because it's in the castle. But the price & lackluster sounding food keep me from booking it. Maybe one day I'll just do it.

Narcoosee's sounds fantastic! That is one of the signatures at the top of my "must try" list.
At least I can say I've done it, but I have one more little girl to try it with. Perhaps on her 13th birthday trip. . .Anywho, Narccoossee's really is a great experience. I've eaten there twice and both times I have really enjoyed my meal.

creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #48
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Sunshine Seasons and Le Cellier

Breakfast this morning was a chocolate chip muffin at Sunshine Seasons that we split. We had an early lunch reservation at Le Cellier and did not want to ruin it:

Lunch this day was at Le Cellier and I will go ahead and apologize that the pictures were so bad that the only viewable picture was of the bread there. We were there for the opening of the restaurant that day, and so we were able to hear them sing O Canada. THis has been one of our favorites at Disney, but now that I understand that it will be 2 table service credits even for lunch, I just don't see us returning unless we do have the DxDP. And then there are places that are Signatures that are just better places.

Anyhow, lunch started with the bread.

This is different than in years past. Now the only thing kind of in the sticks is the pretzel bread. This is still my favorite.

On to appetizers. Sweetie got a cup of Cheddar Cheese soup, which we kind of split. It was yummy! I got the tomato stack, which was also delicious.

For our entres, Sweetie got the NY Strip. She liked it, but thought the meat was cooked a little too much for her liking. I got the Mushroom filet, cooked to order, and it was delicious! I loved it.

For dessert, Sweetie got the chocolate mousse. She likes it, but was really full by this time. I got the seasonal sorbet, which was light and refreshing.

Again, Le Cellier was good, but this time is probably out last here with the changes to the dining plan.

Our ratings for Le Cellier:
Service: 4--she was good, pretty attentive
Atmosphere: 3--there was a very noisy family beside us who were all arguing about their day. This is one of the times I think that some kids who are so spoiled really need to go without what they want sometimes. This parent, like many, gave in, much to my chagrin.
Food Quality: 4--still not the best of the week
Value: 2--this is based on Le Cellier becoming 2 TS for lunch, which is just not worth it.
Overall: 3.25

Old 12-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #49
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Lunch at Le Cellier sounds really good. I tried the Mushroom Filet during F&W and it was very good. I'm glad I was able to try it there because I don't see us eating there anytime soon. Just doesn't seem like it should be 2 TS credits...especially for lunch.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #50
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Lunch at Le Cellier sounds really good. I tried the Mushroom Filet during F&W and it was very good. I'm glad I was able to try it there because I don't see us eating there anytime soon. Just doesn't seem like it should be 2 TS credits...especially for lunch.
I am sure they will change the lunch menu to match the dinner one, but it's just too rich for my taste.

That mushroom filet is quite delectable, though. . .

Old 12-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #51
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Dinner at Sunshine Seasons

This evening, Sweetie and I had a Dismeet, and we split dinner at Sunshine Seasons.

Porkchop with Mashed Potatoes and stewed tomatoes

I love a good porkchop. This was actually nor dry, as I expected it would be. The mashed potatoes were good, as well as the tomatoes. Sweetie did not eat the tomatoes, which should have been on the porkchop, and I only got a little taste of the potatoes. But I did have this:

Cucumber and tomato salad. This was light and refreshing. We used snack credit for it.

Sweetie's dessert:

Chocolate cake. I had a taste and it was good indeed.

Me?

Creme brulee, which is not as good as the one at Chefs de France, but it hit the spot.

Our ratings for Sunshine Seasons:
Service: 2--I think they use the college students for Sunshine Seasons, and I think they are all disenchanted with this part of the job.
Atmosphere: 2--Sunshine Seasons used to be great, but lately, there seems to be trash everywhere and I am not happy about that
Food Quality: 3--good for a CS location
Value: 3
Overall: 2.5

Later on in the day, I had a couple of *ahem* adult drinks. (The kids call them Mommy Coca Cola.)

Grey goose slush from France

Lime Patron Margarita from the Margarita stand in Mexico. I discovered this as my favorite stand in Epcot!

Old 12-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #53
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I just love me a Grey Goose sluhsie !!
Me, too! I think I probably had two this trip, though I only took a picture of one of them.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #54
amandaw
DIS Veteran

The porkchop and tomato/cucumbers from Sunshine Seasons all look good. It's been a while since we've eaten there but I am considering doing a lunch there during a possible trip next December.

I have heard so many good things about the Grey Goose slushies but have yet to try one for myself.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #55
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
The porkchop and tomato/cucumbers from Sunshine Seasons all look good. It's been a while since we've eaten there but I am considering doing a lunch there during a possible trip next December.

I have heard so many good things about the Grey Goose slushies but have yet to try one for myself.
I like the location of Sunshine Seasons, but I think this coming trip I need to venture out more.

You haven't tried a Grey Goose Slushie?

Truthfully, it is not high in alcohol content at all. Just the idea is great.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #56
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Breakfast at Boma

Breakfast that morning was at Boma before we headed out to Animal Kingdom. In December of 2009, I proclaimed this the best breakfast buffet in all of Walt Disney World. Would I feel the same?

Boma is basically set up in pods. It has an open air market feel, yet at the same time, it is still inside the main building of Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We were seated very soon after we checked in. Our reservation was for 7:35 and were were seated at about 7:30am. After we got our drinks, we headed to the buffet.

My plate:

Clockwise from the top: Scrambled eggs with goat cheese, breakfast potatoes, strawberry, sticky bun, grilled tomato, and ham.

All of this was good, although the eggs were not as good as I remembered.

Sweetie's plate:

Chocolate chip muffin, ham, scrambled eggs with goat cheese, and breakfast potatoes.

It must have been good, because she got a second plate of everything.

Now, this probably peppered my thoughts of Boma this time, but our server left our drinks empty for a long time. IMO, ESPECIALLY at a buffet, this is completely unacceptable. This is the only location where I did not round the 18% tip up to the next dollar. I left very frustrated indeed.

Our ratings for Sunshine Seasons:
Service: 1--Yet again, it is unacceptable to leave drinks empty especially at a buffet.
Atmosphere: 4--I love the open air feel
Food Quality: 3--not as good as I remembered
Value: 3--good for oop, not good use of a TS credit
Overall: 2.75

Old 01-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #57
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I've heard very good things about breakfast at Boma. Sorry it wasn't good as your last trip though. I agree - there's no reason for a server to leave drinks empty at a buffet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post

You haven't tried a Grey Goose Slushie?

Truthfully, it is not high in alcohol content at all. Just the idea is great.
I think I've been afraid to try them in case they were very strong and just tasted of alcohol. But, I may have to give them a whirl if we get back to Disney next December.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #58
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
I've heard very good things about breakfast at Boma. Sorry it wasn't good as your last trip though. I agree - there's no reason for a server to leave drinks empty at a buffet.

I think I've been afraid to try them in case they were very strong and just tasted of alcohol. But, I may have to give them a whirl if we get back to Disney next December.
Try the slushie. I promise they are not strong in the alcohol department.

I hope the next time I go to BOma it will be a better situation. Of course, the next time is for dinner.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #59
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

California Grill

We had not had anything to eat that day waiting for dinner at California Grill. We went over to the Contemporary to shop a great bit early. We were also hungry, so we split this at the Contempo Cafe:

Peanut butter Cupcake.

Inside of said cupcake

Delicioso! We sat at on the terrace area over the monorail and enjoyed our time. Soon, it was time to sign in at California Grill. The best thing about CG is the view:

To the right

To the left

A Happy Sweetie

A little sunburnt me

Dinner started with bread and salted butter:

This was really good.

Sweetie had her normal Coke, while I had a Pinot Grigio and water:

Yum. I had two glasses.

Sweetie's cheese only flatbread. It was really good, I had a taste.

I had the Spicy Kazan Roll.

Oh, my goodness. Heaven on a plate. This was the best sushi I have ever had and I think will ever have again.

Sweetie's entre:

Broiled Founder. This was very light. Delicious, as well.

I head the Pork Tenderloin with Cheese Polenta. This was hands down the best dish of the trip.

When it came time for dessert, I had

Really, really good coffee, which we all know is difficult to get on Disney property

Sweetie's Dessert:

Chocolate Valrhona Cake (very, very, very good, and rich)

Mine: blueberry tart with lemon sorbet.

Of course, the scary part is the bill at the end. . .

Overall, this was the best meal of the trip, and I wish they were open for my February trip.

Our ratings:
Service: 5--very attentive, but not overly so server.
Atmosphere: 5--Beautiful view. Tables were not too close together, and that happens a lot at Disney
Food Quality: 5--Excellent
Value: 5--Great use of 2TS, but I'd gladly pay the oop cost, which was $200+ with tip
Overall: 5

Old 01-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #60
amandaw
DIS Veteran

California Grill sounds like a very nice meal indeed!

I'm thinking we are going to do a date night on our December trip. If both have availabilities, would you choose California Grill or Narcoossee's?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: