Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #46
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer
 
ready2vacation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Suburbs of Nashville
Posts: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUDis View Post
I can't even get into it. I enter my username and password; then, it sends me to a page where my info. is there, but I have to choose 2 questions for password hints. I then click the "Terms" okay.

But....the "Next" button on the bottom never lights up to be "clickable."

Am I the only one with this problem?
Me too!
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #47
Eeyore's-tail-tack
Mouseketeer
 
Eeyore's-tail-tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 358

I just got off the phone with Disney. I was unable to get my ressie to link with the new site. Total call time was 18 minutes. It turns out that my ressie was not recognized due to corruption. I have the same ressie number they gave me 2 years ago. Due to financial problems, we have rescheduled. Hence the old ressie number. I was told they are going to have to go in manually and fix the issue. But my reservation is in fact ok. The CM said I should give them 2 to 3 days to resolve the issue. Good Luck! I will check back in when it is working.
__________________


ME DH DS DBIL
Eeyore's-tail-tack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #48
Eeyore's-tail-tack
Mouseketeer
 
Eeyore's-tail-tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 358

Ok, Now that was fast. I can now access the website and my ressie is there. The only thing wrong is the resort. They have us in All Star Sports in a Little Mermaid room.
__________________


ME DH DS DBIL
Eeyore's-tail-tack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #49
cdrn1
what I wouldn't give to have just one more Space Food Stick
Remember the good old days when people just disappeared?
My socks are on inside out!
 
cdrn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: midwest
Posts: 3,211

I'm trying to book and it keeps telling me to add the children's ages, and yet there is no place to add them. It is also showing no availability at any of the resorts when yesterday I had my pick for my dates. When I delete the children I see all kinds of available rooms. When I click edit to add the kids back in, nothing happens. How can a company as huge and techno-advanced as Disney consistently put out web designs that are sooo bad? And don't they do any testing first to see if things work before they take it live? Geez.
__________________
December 1971 offsite- December 1973 offsite- October 1990 offsite- October 1995 offsite- October 1997 Poly- December 2000 CBR- March 2002 Dolphin- September 2003 AKL- December 2004 AKL- March 2005 CSR- May 2005 ASMo- May 2005 WL (Abby's 1st Haircut...a family tradition is born)- May 2006 POFQ- November 2006 POFQ- September 2007 Pop FD- Sept/Oct 2007 Pop/Poly (Jake's 1st Haircut)-February 2008 Pop-September 2008 Pop FD-April 2009 Poly-November 2009 CSR FD-September 2010 Pop FD-May 2011 Pop/WL (Emily's 1st Haircut)-September 2012 Pop-February 2013 Pop (Alex's 1st Haircut)-September 2013 BCCL (James and Ben's 1st Haircut)-September 2013 CBR FD
cdrn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #50
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer
 
ready2vacation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Suburbs of Nashville
Posts: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrn1 View Post
I'm trying to book and it keeps telling me to add the children's ages, and yet there is no place to add them. It is also showing no availability at any of the resorts when yesterday I had my pick for my dates. When I delete the children I see all kinds of available rooms. When I click edit to add the kids back in, nothing happens. How can a company as huge and techno-advanced as Disney consistently put out web designs that are sooo bad? And don't they do any testing first to see if things work before they take it live? Geez.
I'm having this exact issue as well. ETA: Just went back in and it now gives me a spot to put the ages and I'm able to get quotes for my dates!
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #51
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran
 
BLTtinkerbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 1,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUDis View Post
I can't even get into it. I enter my username and password; then, it sends me to a page where my info. is there, but I have to choose 2 questions for password hints. I then click the "Terms" okay.

But....the "Next" button on the bottom never lights up to be "clickable."

Am I the only one with this problem?
I have been having this same problem. I called Technical Support and the woman acted like I was doing something wrong. Finally she said to try again in a few days.
__________________


BLTtinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #52
Martyap
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 191

Really Sucks!

All I get is this message:
Please pardon our dust as we reimagine Disneyworld.com. If you've linked a reservation to your account before December 12 and it does not appear on this page, don't worry, it's not lost. You can either link your reservations to the new website or view reservations made before December 12 on the pre-existing My Reservations page.

None of the links allow me to access any of the three reservations I made.
Called Disney last week and was transferred to tech who told me to give it a few days that they are aware of the problem but still no fix!
Martyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #53
artemis908
EPCOTnaut
 
artemis908's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyap View Post
All I get is this message:
Please pardon our dust as we reimagine Disneyworld.com. If you've linked a reservation to your account before December 12 and it does not appear on this page, don't worry, it's not lost. You can either link your reservations to the new website or view reservations made before December 12 on the pre-existing My Reservations page.

None of the links allow me to access any of the three reservations I made.
Called Disney last week and was transferred to tech who told me to give it a few days that they are aware of the problem but still no fix!
I had the same experience. Called Disney, they had me call IT who said they were aware of the problem and didn't give me any idea when it would be fixed. I've had problems with my address not being up to date for a year now and the Disney rep was at least able to correct that.
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #54
squee!! disney!!
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas
 
squee!! disney!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: west michigan
Posts: 224

i'm surprised that everyone is having issues with the new website. i booked a vacation a couple days ago with absolutely no problems and then booked a separate vacation for my dad right after that. i thought it was a lot better than the previous booking system because it loaded fast even on my parent's mobile internet wifi.

i hope it gets fixed soon so others aren't frustrated.
__________________
“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things,
because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

home again: solo march 1st through 6th
squee!! disney!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #55
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer
 
ready2vacation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Suburbs of Nashville
Posts: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
I have been having this same problem. I called Technical Support and the woman acted like I was doing something wrong. Finally she said to try again in a few days.
I just tried on my laptop that has a newer browser and didn't have the problem this time. However, I noticed that you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the terms and conditions before you check that you agree to them. Only after I did that did it allow the option to hit next.
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #56
Woth2982
DIS Veteran
 
Woth2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,067

I am trying to see the AP rates for January 29 - Feb 4 but the AP site won't load the reservation system. May have to suck it up and call reservations.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #57
ChimneysweepGeorge
Mouseketeer
 
ChimneysweepGeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 123

It's bad enough that the site doesn't show the existing reservations, it's even more annoying when it can't find them with the confirmation codes...despite being paid for. It's utterly rage inducing when I get a cast member that only wants to pawn me off on someone else.

First she latched on to "dining" when I said I couldn't find my resort or dining reservations. She kept repeating that I needed to call dining reservations. When it became clear I wasn't going away, she suggested I just remake my 5 month old (and paid for) reservations.

HULK SMASH! I'm sorry to admit I got a bit excited and loud at this point and she finally agreed to check on my resort reservations for me.

...at least the second guy I spoke with admitted to having some issues with the website. "There are some enhancements we are having issues with." "Not being able to see my reservations...interesting definition of 'enhancement.'"
__________________
Fortes fortuna aduivat
ChimneysweepGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #58
GrumpySue
Mouseketeer
 
GrumpySue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 86

I just booked a split stay at the WDW Swan and then the Ft. Wilderness Cabins. I can see the Ft. Wilderness Cabins ressie on the website but not the Swan. I also received an e-mail confirmation for the Cabins but again nothing for the Swan ??

I called and they said they see my Swan reservation and that I should wait 48hours for confirmation ??? Why one and not the other ??
__________________
GrumpySue

Disney Villas-1986; Contemporary-1988; WDW Dolphin-1992; Dixie Landings/Grand Floridian-1996; Wilderness Lodge-1997; Carribbean Beach-1999; Wilderness Lodge-2001; Beach Club-2003; Port Orleans FQ/Hilton Head Resort-2004; Boardwalk Villas/Wilderness Lodge Villas-2005; Polynesian/Animal Kingdom Lodge-2006; Yacht Club-2007; Disney Wonder/Beach Club Villas-2008; Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Tower-2009; Waldorf Astoria/Polynesian-2010; Waldorf Astoria/Boardwalk Villas-2011; Coronado Springs-2012; Yacht Club-2013; Yacht Club-2014
GrumpySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #59
artemis908
EPCOTnaut
 
artemis908's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChimneysweepGeorge View Post
It's bad enough that the site doesn't show the existing reservations, it's even more annoying when it can't find them with the confirmation codes...despite being paid for. It's utterly rage inducing when I get a cast member that only wants to pawn me off on someone else.

First she latched on to "dining" when I said I couldn't find my resort or dining reservations. She kept repeating that I needed to call dining reservations. When it became clear I wasn't going away, she suggested I just remake my 5 month old (and paid for) reservations.

HULK SMASH! I'm sorry to admit I got a bit excited and loud at this point and she finally agreed to check on my resort reservations for me.

...at least the second guy I spoke with admitted to having some issues with the website. "There are some enhancements we are having issues with." "Not being able to see my reservations...interesting definition of 'enhancement.'"

I hope you stayed on the phone after the call and gave her a bad rating. If not, or if you feel like her customer service was bad enough to warrant an e-mail, I would e-mail Disney and tell them how rude and unknowledgeable she was. They take that kind of stuff seriously.
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #60
mwachter
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Waterville, Ohio
Posts: 23

I had issues with the website as well. Although I feel it has gotten slightly better, the new site is still confusing when it comes to finding where everything is. It is also way too fancy for what it needs to do. I have a brand new laptop and it struggles to load pages and it locks up all the time. I told a cast member of the problems and that I think they rushed the web page before it was ready. Poor execution on Disney's part.
mwachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: