Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 08:21 PM   #196
Saralew
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife
Ok change of plans. My account was too hard to find so PM me if you would like to join the Facebook group for information.
Would like yo join the FB group
Saralew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #197
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

After last year's NYE announcement I just thought tonight's announcement is the Limited Time Magic. I would love it to be some kind of discounts though
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #198
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend

I have heard about a percent off discount. Where did you hear free dining?
When I was on the site earlier there was a free dining link. It went to a page with special events on it but it was there. An hour later it was gone. I'm hoping it was put up early! With the announcement tonight, I hope it was related.

lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #199
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmc318 View Post
When I was on the site earlier there was a free dining link. It went to a page with special events on it but it was there. An hour later it was gone. I'm hoping it was put up early! With the announcement tonight, I hope it was related.
Please someone let me in on the announcement about free dining? Is there a link somewhere? I didn't see it and would like to know what the details are. Thank you!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #200
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

No free dining announcement last night. Also Danny25 let it out that free dining was changing this year..... QSDP for mods and deluxes and nothing for values. He didn't give dates yet but made it sound like next offer would be for last summer.

Sorry to crush everyone's free dining dreams. And Danny25 is VERY reliable. He has informed us here on the Dis about upcoming promotions for a while and has always been right.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #201
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

What?!? Free dining?! And for Nov. 2013?! please tell me more!
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #202
figmentswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets
What?!? Free dining?! And for Nov. 2013?! please tell me more!
See above post
Old 01-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #203
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post
No free dining announcement last night. Also Danny25 let it out that free dining was changing this year..... QSDP for mods and deluxes and nothing for values. He didn't give dates yet but made it sound like next offer would be for last summer.

Sorry to crush everyone's free dining dreams. And Danny25 is VERY reliable. He has informed us here on the Dis about upcoming promotions for a while and has always been right.
Wow...that's awful of Disney to offer NOTHING for Values....especially if you are paying over $300 a night for a suite at AoA!!!! Time to start searching off site.
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #204
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

Nope, unfortunately nothing on the site about free dining. I guess that link I saw yesterday (wasn't the only one, btw. I've seen a few comments on it) was really a fluke. I was hoping something would come up for Spring, since there hasn't been an announcement yet for anything past March 7, but no such luck. I also read Danny25's post about no free dining for value and only QSDP for mods and deluxe, but I'll believe it when I see it. Reliable or not. Looks like I'm banking on a room discount this year instead. *sigh*

lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #205
figmentswife

Disney announced last year that they were going to wean the public off of discounts and I think that is what they are doing. The stay,play,dine was the beginning of it. We are now looking at off site for Our June and November trips this year because it can be sooooo much cheaper and just as much fun. DH has been on YouTube all morning looking at resorts while I have the computer up looking at rates. November isn't my issue its the June trip I am most concerned about right now as we will need more beds/room because our son is going. I get REALLY good rates for sheratons/Weston's because my parents work for them but those rates don't come out until close in..... I sure would LOVE an employee rate for the Swan/Dolphin.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #206
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

I am happy with any discount. The next deal has already been announced. It isn't a good one and only for dates up to June. Right now it is only available to Disney Visa, but January 3Rd will be released to everyone. It is a percentage off room discount plus a small savings on tickets, if you buy them through a package. I would be happy to get free QSDP. I would pay to upgrade to regular though. I think what is going to happen with their new idea is that they won't be able to fill value resorts. Many people will upgrade to moderate to get the free dining, even if it is just QSDP.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #207
Saralew
Earning My Ears

Going or 5 days - kids will b 5 and 2. Which parks do u think is best? Also should we do park hopper?
Saralew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #208
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

For a first trip and only 5 days, I would not get park hopper. As for which park is best. That is very hard for me. I love them all. I think I would absolutely not miss Magic Kingdom, but the other three would be hard to choose between.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #209
figmentswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralew
Going or 5 days - kids will b 5 and 2. Which parks do u think is best? Also should we do park hopper?
Everyone is different. We go to MK at least 3 days each trip and I could care less about Epcot. So you may not know till you go.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #210
yankeesmom21
Mouseketeer

Everyone is different but if we had to, we would miss Animal Kingdom. But with that said we would still be sad to miss it! Just evaluate what your priorities at each park are and make an attack list!!!
yankeesmom21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: