Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #16
wholesomejoe
Earning My Ears

I may be one of the few people who feels lame getting on a water ride wearing something that repels water lol. To me it sort of defeats the whole concept of the ride lol..

I'll probably just pack an extra set of clothes and rent a locker. If you really want to not get wet, when I used to work in construction and drove a fork lift, we had to work rain or shine. and we wore "rain suits" that were basically full body poncho's with hoods. My clothes stayed pretty much dry.

That might be overkill, and It might not work the same getting splashed vs. rain. I keep checking the weather every day. If its in the mid 70s I'm riding all of them.
wholesomejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #17
LoveToTravel2001
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

OK. I don't mind a little wet but if it's chilly, end of January into February, I don't want to be soaked and freezing. I usually carry extra clothes for DD but would prefer not to for DH and I.
WDW - CBR 5/14 The Summit
LoveToTravel2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #18
wholesomejoe
Earning My Ears

Accuweather is showing 75-76 for the 22-23 right now.. I know it can change, but they have always been fairly accurate. I am in film making, and knowing the weather in advance is something I do alot.. so its usually semi accurate.
wholesomejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #19
THREEBOYSPLUSONE
Earning My Ears

We were there Dec 27th and it was chilly in morning( it was probably around 50) and my son wanted to ride popeye and it was a walk on so my husband took him. They didn't get overly wet so my son talked me into going with him and I got soaked. I was cold but I was glad I had gone on it. My husband and son also did ripsaw falls and then played in camp jurassic where they got soaked once again. We were cold but not bad enough that it ruined our day. We didnt do jurassic river adventure though because my son was afraid of dinosaurs. Althoug it was cold it was nice to not have lines and be able to go right on them and I would do it again.
THREEBOYSPLUSONE is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: