Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #16
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
See for me, and this is purely a 'Kim' thing so others may not get it: the bandaides/mini first aid kit, aspirin, Motrin, Aleve, Tums, migraine meds... I think it's because I just graduated nursing school and I work in a hospital, before I leave I want to make sure I have all that, just in case something happens on the plane, hotel, shuttle, etc. I am so... OCD about that my FE gift was a mini first aide kit. I can scrimp on things like highlighters (never used), over the door rack, etc. I need my first aid kit.
love your FE gift. that's a good idea.
now, as far as your what if's, my thought is, if I need it I will ask. you can get asprin (for free) and bandages (for free) on any plane. as for the hotels, well, if its say the middle of the night and the store is closed, call the front desk and they will send your needs to you. this goes for the ship as well. you can call down and they will send them up. if you need a specific brand you may have a problem but most places ask what you prefer and carry a wide selection.
were all different and if you feel better taking it i'm not saying don't. I'm just saying you don't have to. I never do and have never had a hard time getting an asprin or a bandage or even a toothbrush if I have left mine at home. one time I left my whole bathroom kit at home. called the front desk and the hotel sent up toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, safety pins. its never a problem.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #17
JeanfromBNA
"Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!"

If you're going to the Caribbean, pack sunscreen and aloe, and leave your jeans at home. If you're going to Alaska, pack raincoat, umbrella, shoes for damp locations, and a knit hat and gloves.

Oh, and underwear. Don't forget socks and underwear, unless you are doing.sandals and boat shoes in the Caribbean.

tickets, plane tickets, itinerary.

1995 Disney Institute Treehouses 2005 Wilderness Lodge 2007 Yacht Club 2008 Coronado Springs 2008 Beach Club 2009 Grand Floridian 2009 Disney Wonder
2009 Disney Wonder 2009 Polynesian Resort 2011 Coronado Springs 2011 Portofino Bay Hotel UO 2012 Old Key West October, 2012, Proud new DVC AKL Kidani owners!May, 2013 Disney DreamSeptember, 2013 AulaniMarch, 2014 BWV October, 2014 AKV
JeanfromBNA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #18
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanfromBNA

Oh, and underwear. Don't forget socks and underwear, unless you are doing.sandals and boat shoes in the Caribbean.

DH forgot underwear on our first trip to WDW, lol. Now it's always the first thing packed!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #19
Spurr002
Earning My Ears

An easy one to forget I've found (somehow) is sunglasses. It always slips my mind when packing, especially if you're flying in and it's not the sunniest in your state / country at the time (like in Minnesota). Also, bring more contact solution than you would think you would need. Even if you don't wear contacts you could need to flush your eyes at some point.
Spurr002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #20
Weedy
DIS Veteran

From the Disney Cruise Line Page:
What to Pack for a Disney Cruise to the Caribbean

It's your vacation! So dress comfortably aboard your Disney cruise, but be sure to bring the appropriate attire for onboard activities and dinner, plus any Port Adventures that you decide to do, as well as when you go into port. Here are our packing suggestions.

The Basics

Pack these items in a day bag to keep with you, as your luggage may not arrive at your stateroom until a few hours after boarding:

Medications (in their original containers)
Passport and travel documentation
Camera and accessories (batteries, memory cards, etc.)
Extra prescription glasses or contact lenses
Swimsuit
Sunscreen or hat
Reading material
Attire and Accessories

Beach cover-up
Denim jeans
Dinner attire (see below)
Extra swimsuit
Lightweight pants
Long skirt (required for entry into some religious venues)
Swim diapers for baby
Sunglasses
T-shirts
Shorts
Sundresses
Sandals or sneakers (rubber-soled shoes for Port Adventures)
Socks
Wind jacket
In winter, you may also want to bring:

Rain jacket
Sweater or other layering pieces
Closed-toe footwear
Dinner attire is "cruise casual," meaning no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Diners at Palo or Remy, the adults-only restaurant, will want to dress more formally than when dining at our other restaurants. The Disney Cruise Line newsletter, Personal Navigator, will be delivered daily to your stateroom with attire advice for each night's dinner.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #21
momtoleasawav
Mouseketeer

last time I cruised we ran out of small bills at the end of the cruise and gave the porter who helped us with our luggage a small tip and had to go to the store and get change to tip or transportation guy. This has always bothered me and I won't let it happen again so my big thing is to pack plenty of dollar bills!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #22
momtoleasawav
Mouseketeer

oh and everyone says pack light, which I agree with you dont need to over pack clothes- except sock and underwear. I would definitely pack extra of both those!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #23
vcjtx
Mouseketeer

About sunglasses, I Totally agree, Spurr002.
That happened last year when I went on a Carnival cruise out of Galveston. Drove from DFW area the day before, but it was raining and I didn't need my sunglasses then! The next morning when it was clear & sunny I was searching everywhere for them. I even had the valet parking guys check my car which was already in their locked lot for the duration of the cruise. I had to buy a pair in the hotel gift shop. These are now my "backup shades" which live in my car. Where were my good sunglasses? On my desk at home!!!! (At least they weren't lost)
Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #24
over50visits
DIS Veteran

There are some huge lists (some posted here), and they are all good ideas.

Honestly.....please, please don't stress. You MUST bring your passport/birth certificate, meds, and a credit card or lotsa cash to pay your onboard account. Everything else is nice, some things make life a little easier, but relax, enjoy your vacation, and anything you forget that you really need (examples: toiletries, hat, sunglasses) you can get on the ship.

Planning what to take and packing should be fun, not stressful. Try to remember everything you want to bring, but don't worry if you forget ANYTHING. You will still enjoy the cruise.

Don't overpack. We take fewer items each cruise, and seem to enjoy each cruise more than the last.
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #25
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

This is my (moderately long) edited version of the above (long) list:

$1 or $ 2 bills (room service grat)
Address book/e-mail list
Anti-bacterial Wipes or Gel
Aspirin/Tylenol or other medicines/prescriptions
Backpack or canvas tote for each adult
Band-aids
Batteries (camera batteries also)
Beverages/mixers/wine
Bonine/Dramamine
Books
Cameras
Candy/Gum
Candy sprinkles for ice cream
Carry-on with wheels
Deodorant
Disney Gift Cards
Duffle bag (spare)
Earplugs
Extension Cord or Power Strip
Fanny pack
Feminine needs
Film/Memory Card (spare)
Flashlight
Flavored coffee creamers
Glow necklaces/sticks
Hairbrush/Comb
Highlighters
ID holder/waterproof box
Insect Repellent packets
Lanyard and ID holder
Laptop & cords/chargers
Laundry Detergent
Magnets for door
Makeup
Notebook/Journal, Pens
Notebook/Memo Pad
Pillowcases & colored Sharpies (no yellow)
Pirate accessories
Post-it Pad
Reading Glasses - spare / prescription of glasses
Scrapbook/Autograph Book
Sense of humor
Shaving Kit
Sippy Cups/cups with lids
Snorkeling Gear (at least a mask - for Carribean)
Sports bottle/water bottle
Stain Stick or Packet
Sunglasses
Sunscreen/Sunscreen spray
Toothbrush/toothpaste
Tote Bag/Beach Bag/Day Bag
Travel clock/alarm clock
Watch - recommend waterproof
Ziploc Bags - a few sizes

We didn't need the extra storage space of over-the-door hangers and laundry pop-up hampers. Actually, we didn't really use the plastic cups because we mostly used the ones at the drink bar. The extra bags were good for all the toys/snacks we collected and wanted to bring home, or even to take off the boat at ports (where allowed).

That's my $00.02!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: