Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #91
cruisindisney
Mouseketeer

Diet - Eliminating white and counting all calories. I was really successful with this a couple years ago and maintained until the bursitis hit and I had myself a big pity party which included lots of food.

Exercise - I generally do zumba 4 times a week and would like to run, but the weather is preventing that, so I guess I'll be getting on the elipiticle 2-3 times a week. Thinking about a treadmill. I promised my Dr. that I would not run outside when it's icy or snowy.

My January goal is 5 lbs. Downloaded myfitnesspal app on my phone and kindle fire. I've also talked my friend into being my diet buddy and we will try to keep each other accountable.

All Star Sports-Expedition Everest 5K May 2013/Caribbean Beach November 2012/Pop October 2011/Disney Cruise Mexican Riviera-Disneyland May 2011/Paradise Pier May 2010/POP Jan 2009/ASMovies May 2008/Disney Cruise May 2008/POP Feb 2005
cruisindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #92
KDIPIAZZ
Mouseketeer

Count me in! I am really looking forward to 2013 and moving closer to my long-term healthy goals.

After a excessively crappy 2011, I was VERY happy with 2012. I

1. lost 115 pounds
2. dropped A1c from 7.3 to 5.5
3. dropped cholesterol from 207 to 172
4. eliminated back pain despite 2 herniated discs
5. now look forward to exercise - walking, Zumba, swimming and even the elliptical
6. went from size 4x/30-32 to size XL-1X/14-16
7. am no longer morbidly obese
8. no longer dread going to the doctor
9. enjoy just plain leaving the house again

I'm looking forward to moving to Onederland in 2013 and from "obese" to "overweight" and even to "normal".

For January, I'd love to lose 8 pounds and get away from the 200's for-evah! I think that might be a bit ambitious, so I'm going to shoot for 5.
KDIPIAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 11:06 PM   #93
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDIPIAZZ View Post
Count me in! I am really looking forward to 2013 and moving closer to my long-term healthy goals.

1. lost 115 pounds
5. now look forward to exercise - walking, Zumba, swimming and even the elliptical

I'm looking forward to moving to Onederland in 2013 and from "obese" to "overweight" and even to "normal".

For January, I'd love to lose 8 pounds and get away from the 200's for-evah! I think that might be a bit ambitious, so I'm going to shoot for 5.
WOW! That is awesome!!! Here is to another great year with more great accomplishements!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:21 PM   #94
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...

count me in ...i will weight in the morning.....but I know i am at my heaviest weight ever ( non pregnant).....kinda scary......i will post weight and goal tomorrow am......................and Happy New Year

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]
njcarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #95
leeandstacismom
Mouseketeer

gonna try this again in 2013

I have been gone for a few months, but still lurking every now and then. I actually hit my goal for the year, but I am still not done. I will PM my goals as soon as I get off work. Here's to an awesome 2013!!!

Just keep swimming
leeandstacismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:44 AM   #96
5 at disney
Mouseketeer

Add me to the list of people joining this challenge. I will send my goals later today and PM my weight.
5 at disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #97
coffeecassie
Earning My Ears

Happy, Healthy New Year everyone! I am exited to have some Dis friends to help me stay motivated this month!
coffeecassie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #98
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

So I went to the DR last night and it's the flu. yay.

He gave me a script for robitussin with codeine in it. I need to get that filled today, the pharmacy was already closed last night by the time I got home.
I did manage to swing by Target and picked up a new nettie pot but I need to find distilled water, they didn't have any at Target.

Not how I wanted to start the new year but I do feel better today than I did yesterday. And other than DS12's friend calling at 11:30 last night (ERGH!!) I got a decent nights sleep.

I guess I should go make breakfast and get moving on my day. School tomorrow so we have the mad rush to get homework done.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #99
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Good Morning!!!

Well weighed in and back into the 170's would love to blame it on cast and clothes but I know I have been stress eating recently so am sure it is true...

Goal: drop 5lbs. Going to be tough since any physical activity (even walking) is causing an increase in pain to arm. Hoping that after they plate the bones back together that will improve.

Goal: exercise regularly...even if it is short Hoping I can stationary bike in the interm till arm is better

Goal:work on healthier eating

Really struggling because I want to give up before I have started because I am so frustrated with the arm but trying to remain positive and find the things I can do..... And enjoy y husband waiting on me and doing all the dishes and laundry!!!!!

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #100
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone! Happy New Year! I weighed in this morning, not totally upset but it could've been better! I'm gong to start logging on MFP today too. I was 6 pounds lower mid-November when we weighed out for our work challenge. I'm hoping I can get back there by the first part of February.

Have a great day!
Kristin
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #101
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Rose you so sound like me when we go to Disney.....I want to do it all and feel like we need to have every moment planned out to fit it all in. I am really going to try and NOT plan out our May trip. We are even gap talking about not doing the dinning plan so we don't have meals scheduled!!! Not sure if I can give in that much... Hahaha

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #102
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Good Morning!! Happy New Year to EVERYONE!!!

My starting weight is higher than I have ever been. Quite embarrassed is the truth. But I am admitting to it now!

I have set a very conservative goal for the entire year as per the doctors orders. As he stated anything above it is an incentive for me. He wanted me more to get on an exercise program that I will continue for my LIFE. Not just for the weight loss. I suffer from Fibro and an unnamed auto-immune. I take meds that cause weight gain. The problem is that is also AN excuse.

I bought 2 yoga tapes and 1 Leslie Sansone walking.

Today will be weigh in day, but we have food for the family and company. I am going to enjoy and tomorrow morning I will be off and ready to commit 100%.

Last edited by Tinker'n'Fun; 01-01-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #103
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post

Exercise is not really on my list of priorities. My physical issues make it difficult so I really focus on the healthy eating. However I am planning to increase my activity at work. I have a desk job and I could sit there the entire day and never move more than a few feet. But I am going to make an effort to walk around the halls a few times a day. Use the bathroom upstairs and across the hall instead of the one right by my desk. Take the long way around when I have to go somewhere in the building. Park my car further away in the lot. Even just get up from my chair and stretch more. I am going to start wearing my pedometer daily and try to get at least 5000 steps a day. That is a pretty big goal for me.

For my positive today-- I am a very positive person. I am a glass half full and that means we have plenty of room to fill it to the top kind of gal! DH is a glass half empty and that means it will be gone soon person. We do balance each other out. That is why my tantrum yesterday was not normal for me.

I did end up having my tantrum. DH caught me at the apex of my wallowing in self pity and I lost it. Cried on his shoulder for a few minutes, cursed and screamed (softly, the kids were in the other room) and then built my bridge and got over it. This morning I got up with my usual positive attitude, put on nice clothes, pulled my belt really tight (I have lost 10 pounds in the last month because of the IBS so my pants are falling off!), put on makeup and told DH we were going shopping! Returned some Christmas presents to Target, went to the mall to look at dishes (I need new ones), and then did all of our grocery shopping for the month at Costco and Walmart. Hopefully the only things we will need to go back for are fresh veggies, bread and milk. Tomorrow we will have to repackage the meat. We buy it in bulk and then spend a few hours putting it in meal size portions and freezing. Love my vacuum sealer!
Love your positive! I think it was just the weekend for tantrums. I also think your goal of 5000 steps a day is a great goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisindisney View Post
Diet - Eliminating white and counting all calories. I was really successful with this a couple years ago and maintained until the bursitis hit and I had myself a big pity party which included lots of food.

Exercise - I generally do zumba 4 times a week and would like to run, but the weather is preventing that, so I guess I'll be getting on the elipiticle 2-3 times a week. Thinking about a treadmill. I promised my Dr. that I would not run outside when it's icy or snowy.

My January goal is 5 lbs. Downloaded myfitnesspal app on my phone and kindle fire. I've also talked my friend into being my diet buddy and we will try to keep each other accountable.
Great plan! Sounds like you are ready to hit the ground running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDIPIAZZ View Post

1. lost 115 pounds

Congratulations on your success so far! I am sure you will have lots of good tips for everyone. Isn't it awesome to not dread going to the doctor. We look forward to celebrating 'onederland' with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcarita View Post
count me in ...i will weight in the morning.....but I know i am at my heaviest weight ever ( non pregnant).....kinda scary......i will post weight and goal tomorrow am......................and Happy New Year
Welcome! Just take it one month at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeandstacismom View Post
I have been gone for a few months, but still lurking every now and then. I actually hit my goal for the year, but I am still not done. I will PM my goals as soon as I get off work. Here's to an awesome 2013!!!
Welcome! And I agree--2013 is going to be great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 at disney View Post
Add me to the list of people joining this challenge. I will send my goals later today and PM my weight.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
So I went to the DR last night and it's the flu. yay.

He gave me a script for robitussin with codeine in it. I need to get that filled today, the pharmacy was already closed last night by the time I got home.
I did manage to swing by Target and picked up a new nettie pot but I need to find distilled water, they didn't have any at Target.

Not how I wanted to start the new year but I do feel better today than I did yesterday. And other than DS12's friend calling at 11:30 last night (ERGH!!) I got a decent nights sleep.

I guess I should go make breakfast and get moving on my day. School tomorrow so we have the mad rush to get homework done.
I'm sorry Buffy! That stinks. Did you get the flu shot? I am now religious about getting the flu shot--but Mike did get it a few years ago even with the shot. Feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Good Morning!!!

Well weighed in and back into the 170's would love to blame it on cast and clothes but I know I have been stress eating recently so am sure it is true...

Goal: drop 5lbs. Going to be tough since any physical activity (even walking) is causing an increase in pain to arm. Hoping that after they plate the bones back together that will improve.

Goal: exercise regularly...even if it is short Hoping I can stationary bike in the interm till arm is better

Goal:work on healthier eating

Really struggling because I want to give up before I have started because I am so frustrated with the arm but trying to remain positive and find the things I can do..... And enjoy y husband waiting on me and doing all the dishes and laundry!!!!!
Hang in there Jen! I know you are really uncomfortable and miserable right now. Just focus on getting through until the surgery. Lots of time to kick start things afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl36 View Post
Good morning everyone! Happy New Year! I weighed in this morning, not totally upset but it could've been better! I'm gong to start logging on MFP today too. I was 6 pounds lower mid-November when we weighed out for our work challenge. I'm hoping I can get back there by the first part of February.

Have a great day!
Kristin
That's kind of how I felt about my weigh-in. Could have been better, could have been worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Rose you so sound like me when we go to Disney.....I want to do it all and feel like we need to have every moment planned out to fit it all in. I am really going to try and NOT plan out our May trip. We are even gap talking about not doing the dinning plan so we don't have meals scheduled!!! Not sure if I can give in that much... Hahaha
We actually don't over plan too much anymore. It's the stinking race that is stressing me out so much. It's making me irrational about everything and I think I just really need to feel a little more in control. But I'm guessing that won't happen until January 13 around noon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
Good Morning!! Happy New Year to EVERYONE!!!

My starting weight is higher than I have ever been. Quite embarrassed is the truth. But I am admitting to it now!

I have set a very conservative goal for the entire year as per the doctors orders. As he stated anything above it is an incentive for me. He wanted me more to get on an exercise program that I will continue for my LIFE. Not just for the weight loss. I suffer from Fibro and an unnamed auto-immune. I take meds that cause weight gain. The problem is that is also AN excuse.

I bought 2 yoga tapes and 1 Leslie Sansone walking.

Today will be weigh in day, but we have food for the family and company. I am going to enjoy and tomorrow morning I will be off and ready to commit 100%.
Sounds like you are ready to go!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #104
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

QOTD Jan 1, 2013 (very weird to type that!)

1. We didn't do formal intros because I wanted to hit the ground running. Give us a quick intro and tell us something fun about yourself!

2. Don't forget your positive about yourself for the day.

If you haven't had a chance yet, pm your starting weight and goal in the next day or so.

This is how it should look:

starting weight 150; goal 5 pounds

Maintainers: indicate your goal range (+/- 4 pounds) and how many weeks you would like to maintain along with your target weight.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #105
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Rose, no we didn't get the flu shot but apparently the strain that's making the rounds isn't covered by the shot. It's a crap shoot every year with that.

So far I'm feeling a little better today although my throat hurts more today but I think it's because I slept better last night and had a huge coughing fit this morning. And I think I'm going to lose my voice too. But I'm not near as tired and my head doesn't hurt as bad.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: