Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #301
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone has a Happy and Magical New Year!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #302
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

I'm Baaacckkkk....

Hey Ya'll!!
happy new year to all of you (I'm sure you're getting tired of hearing that).
I go away for a few weeks and people up and get married and engaged...serves me right for being so busy. It's been a little crazy since the storm and then there was a 100,000 gallon crude oil spill between NJ and Staten Island right before Christmas. then to top it all off, my grandmother was rush to the ER the day after Christmas for emergency surgery so that has been where I have spent all of my free time.
I have been looking at planning my birthday trip, so far I have the one thing I want planned which is dinner at V&A on my birthday. My BFF is taking the day off to spend it with me which is cool. I haven't thought anything beyond that. I may stay at the AOA or of course my favorite POR. So I am open to anything that I could do for my birthday
Hope everyone is doing well, congrats to all you crazy people that are getting married, best of luck planning and I wish you all nothing but happiness.
to all of our new friends, so glad to have you here, I hope you get to meet the members of this 'interesting' group, if nothing else we can be very entertaining
but I'm back and I should be able to keep up with the topic (or topics) of discussion this week. Missed you all

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #303
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
Hey Ya'll!!
I go away for a few weeks and people up and get married and engaged...serves me right for being so busy. It's been a little crazy since the storm and then there was a 100,000 gallon crude oil spill between NJ and Staten Island right before Christmas. then to top it all off, my grandmother was rush to the ER the day after Christmas for emergency surgery so that has been where I have spent all of my free time.
I have been looking at planning my birthday trip, so far I have the one thing I want planned which is dinner at V&A on my birthday. My BFF is taking the day off to spend it with me which is cool. I haven't thought anything beyond that. I may stay at the AOA or of course my favorite POR. So I am open to anything that I could do for my birthday
Hope everyone is doing well, congrats to all you crazy people that are getting married, best of luck planning and I wish you all nothing but happiness.
to all of our new friends, so glad to have you here, I hope you get to meet the members of this 'interesting' group, if nothing else we can be very entertaining
but I'm back and I should be able to keep up with the topic (or topics) of discussion this week. Missed you all

Wow, you have missed a lot, it sounds like you have been busy. I hope your grandmother is doing better. Is she still in the hospital? How did I not hear about the oil spill?

You HAVE to celebrate your birthday at V&A. We went there in December 2011,and had the most amazing meal. It is really a dining experience, we still talk about how fantastic the food was. We ate in the Queen Victorian room and had the wine pairings. It was truly the best meal ever and our server, Allen was the best. He truly was a professional and practically read our minds knowing when we needed him and when to stand back. I could go on and on, but go and try it for yourself. You won't be disappointed. I know we can't wait to go back!

I look forward to hearing all about your birthday trip. We haven't decided yet when our next trip is. Maybe 5 years from now. Lol. We just need to get planning.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #304
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone! Is it okay if i pull up a seat and join in?
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #305
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
Hello everyone! Is it okay if i pull up a seat and join in?
Of course it is, since I told you all about it. It has been a bit slow lately, but people will stop by. Welcome.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #306
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse

Of course it is, since I told you all about it. It has been a bit slow lately, but people will stop by. Welcome.
Thanks! Maybe now that the holidays are over it will pick up!
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
Old 01-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #307
TekMickey
Buying out Disney one shopping trip at a time.

Hey SSC peeps.

Hope everyone had a great New Year. I was just stopping in to say Hi.
Got a trip in 4 days.
Sorry I dont get on here much. Ever since the big oops in the Disdads thread we have been hiding over on our own board now and it has been incident free.

Glad to see that there has been some Magic in this thread. Never give up hope people.

Have a great week.

Joe(43) Ariel(14) Ella
DisDads member #593
TekMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #308
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekMickey
Hey SSC peeps.

Hope everyone had a great New Year. I was just stopping in to say Hi.
Got a trip in 4 days.
Sorry I dont get on here much. Ever since the big oops in the Disdads thread we have been hiding over on our own board now and it has been incident free.

Glad to see that there has been some Magic in this thread. Never give up hope people.

Have a great week.
OK now I need to be nosey...what was the big oops???

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #309
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Happy New Year everyone.Did anyone watch the Nfl playoff games?They were entertaining at times.Next weekend are the best games.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #310
TekMickey
Buying out Disney one shopping trip at a time.

Quote:

Well, there was a conversation about bacon and some pictures were posted, and then more pictures and it went too far.
Some people were Banned, and then everyone apologised and everything was ok.
But it just brought to light that there was potential for some topics to get out of hand and needed to be someplace more private than a family board.

Joe(43) Ariel(14) Ella
DisDads member #593
TekMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #311
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Wow being banned over bacon! Who would have thought
Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #312
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

I can't even imagine how pictures of bacon can get out of hand, maybe those DISdads are even crazier than the SSC. I can't remember such a scandal here.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #313
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Starting my new job today!!
Old 01-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #314
peteanddebbie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If you didn't ask, I would have. I surely didn't think it was about bacon.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #315
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Hey Ya'll!!
Happy New years, sexxy

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: