Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #2251
princessap
DIS Veteran

I am considering switching to CR but it is not available for my dates with discount. Is there any chance rooms will open up with new discount being released January 3??
Old 12-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #2252
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Is anyone at BLT now? Have the posted activities and movies for January yet!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #2253
nadinek
Earning My Ears

We stayed at the contemporary last July and we loved it! Its clean and beautiful! The kids loved the pool with the waterslide! They are great with poolside games and activities for all ages. I would definilty book there again! But this time my husband wants to stay at the Wilderness Lodge which looks absolutly beautiful too! I just loved being right on the monorail! Have a great trip!

I wish we could take advantage of the Disney card members discount but unfortnatly my husband can not go during the times offered.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #2254
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Is this a permanet closure or jus for the holiday?
I believe it's permanent, but if I find a re-opening date, I'll post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcd View Post
Joining in. Just booked tower bay lake view room for April using the Disney Visa promo. Kids are thrilled as they have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary. I'm a Poly lover and hoping I will enjoy the CR too!
Being able to walk to the MK is so convenient and you can still easily take the monorail over to the Poly for a bite to eat. The Bay Lake View rooms are our favorite. I think you'll love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I am considering switching to CR but it is not available for my dates with discount. Is there any chance rooms will open up with new discount being released January 3??
CR fills fast since it's the most popular convention resort. Never give-up trying to get a discount though as guests cancel all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Unfortunately, my source (Mouse for Less) for calendars hasn't posted calendar updates since November

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadinek View Post
We stayed at the contemporary last July and we loved it! Its clean and beautiful! The kids loved the pool with the waterslide! They are great with poolside games and activities for all ages. I would definilty book there again! But this time my husband wants to stay at the Wilderness Lodge which looks absolutly beautiful too! I just loved being right on the monorail! Have a great trip!

I wish we could take advantage of the Disney card members discount but unfortnatly my husband can not go during the times offered.
You might just have to go without DH
Old 12-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #2255
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Just rebooked our current CR TPV April reservation using the Disney Visa card. Also ordered our tix as well. Still trying to figure out exactly how much we saved (can't compare to the old because we were planning on dropping a day prior to this deal ....and it's TOO confusing for me lol), and the CM couldn't give me a %. Can anyone tell me what the tax rate is at WDW? I need to figure this out! LOL Thx!!

FWIW.....tried for BLT 1 BDRM TPV but they only had Standard View (due to special needs child and the fact that we spend LOTS of time in our room we could not take the chance of not having a view of the Castle).....so the CR it is!!! No complaints tho.....WE LOVE THE CR!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Old 12-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #2256
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also is anyone at WDW using Fast Pass+? Or have you had to convert APs to paperless tickets/RF bracelets yet?

Old 12-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #2257
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Unfortunately, my source (Mouse for Less) for calendars hasn't posted calendar updates since November

scratchin
Thank you for checking!

Old 12-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #2258
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also is anyone at WDW using Fast Pass+? Or have you had to convert APs to paperless tickets/RF bracelets yet?
No one is using FP+. It hasn't been rolled out officially and the next round of testing hasn't been announced either. Stay tuned.

Though the RFID KTTW cards (for resort door entry and touch to pay) are being used by all resorts now.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 12-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #2259
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
As KOOK said, keep checking, people cancel all the time. But I will tell you when I booked my Feb trip I did so based on availability at CR figuring I would be able to move it to better dates for us, but nothing has come available so it looks like we will be sticking with the dates we booked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
Just rebooked our current CR TPV April reservation using the Disney Visa card. Also ordered our tix as well. Still trying to figure out exactly how much we saved (can't compare to the old because we were planning on dropping a day prior to this deal ....and it's TOO confusing for me lol), and the CM couldn't give me a %. Can anyone tell me what the tax rate is at WDW? I need to figure this out! LOL Thx!!

FWIW.....tried for BLT 1 BDRM TPV but they only had Standard View (due to special needs child and the fact that we spend LOTS of time in our room we could not take the chance of not having a view of the Castle).....so the CR it is!!! No complaints tho.....WE LOVE THE CR!!
I think the WDW tax rate is 12 or 12.5%. From what I saw on the Visa disc page CR was at the 20% discount.

I have been trying for a 1br at BLT but nothing has been offered with a discount so we are sticking to our TPV room as well We just learned that DS has wheat allergy and we were hoping to be able to do a bit more cooking ourselves, but no luck. DS is also on the autism spectrum and being able to watch the fireworks from CR and not have to deal with the noise and crowds was perfect! Have a great time!

38 DAYS TIL WE ARE BACK AT CR

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-31-2012, 09:06 PM   #2260
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Contemplating CR for Jan 2014. We stayed at AoA in a suite for our last trip & loved the space, however we have a toddler, a teenager and will hopefully valve an infant as well. My husband really wants to stay at the Contemporary for its location on the monorail and being able to walk to MK. He likes the idea of not having to get the kids in & out of strollers after a long day at the parks. I'm a little worried about costs, especially since he wants to do the Deluxe meal plan as well, but hoping the convenience would be worth the extra cash! In my dream scenario we'd have a MK view, but I think GV might be more affordable. Would GV or BL view be quieter with two little ones? I figure well be back for nap time int he afternoon, but likely out for dinner/parks at night most nights. Any advice?

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 12-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #2261
jlcd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post

FWIW.....tried for BLT 1 BDRM TPV abut they only had Standard View (due to special needs child and the fact that we spend LOTS of time in our room we could not take the chance of not having a view of the Castle).....so the CR it is!!! No complaints tho.....WE LOVE THE CR!!
We booked the Disney Visa promo for mid April and it was 20% off the room portion. Still trying to decide if the package is worth it. It's only $47 less than buying tix thru AAA and locks us into a package... We usually do room only and buy the tix on our own
Old 01-01-2013, 02:36 AM   #2262
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire
Contemplating CR for Jan 2014. We stayed at AoA in a suite for our last trip & loved the space, however we have a toddler, a teenager and will hopefully valve an infant as well. My husband really wants to stay at the Contemporary for its location on the monorail and being able to walk to MK. He likes the idea of not having to get the kids in & out of strollers after a long day at the parks. I'm a little worried about costs, especially since he wants to do the Deluxe meal plan as well, but hoping the convenience would be worth the extra cash! In my dream scenario we'd have a MK view, but I think GV might be more affordable. Would GV or BL view be quieter with two little ones? I figure well be back for nap time int he afternoon, but likely out for dinner/parks at night most nights. Any advice?
Garden View definitely quieter, just request to not be on the pool side.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 01-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #2263
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I wish all of our posters and lurkers, a healthy and happy 2013!

Old 01-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #2264
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
[CENTER]I wish all of our posters and lurkers, a healthy and happy 2013!
]
Same to you. Another great picture by the way.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 01-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #2265
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Same to you. Another great picture by the way.
Thank you, but it's probably obvious I didn't take it. But, I did copy and paste it! I like how it shows off all of the BLT and CR grounds and Bay Lake, too.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: