Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
BriannasMommy
Earning My Ears

New Cruiser - Rainforest Room Question

Hi there fellow cruisers. I have a quick question about the Rainforest Room. Is it necessary to wear a swimsuit only or can regular clothes be fine when relaxing on the chaise lounges? I'm traveling with my 83 yo Mom. Your advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2nd Cruise - 2014 Disney Dream - Bahamas 06/22 - 06/26/2014 with me (43) , DH (47) and DD (who turns 4 on 06/23 during the cruise!!) . So excited for Brianna's Happy Birthday Cruise.

1st Cruise - 2013 Disney Fantasy - Western Caribbean 01/05 - 01/12/2013 with Me (42) , DM (83), DS (18) , DS (15) , and DD (2). Can't wait!!
BriannasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
aiken4mickey
DIS Veteran

You could wear your regular clothes for the chaise lounges. We did a day pass for the first time on our Nov cruise. We wore our bathing suits and used their bath robes for the lounge chairs...and then went into the hot tub...showers..and steam rooms...it was a very relaxing afternoon!
aiken4mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
heastonfam
Earning My Ears

Would you do it more than one day or is it just something worth experiencing once?
heastonfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heastonfam View Post
Would you do it more than one day or is it just something worth experiencing once?
I did it every mid morning. It was great. Get to read in the heated chaise, nice shower, I really liked the sauna. Very relaxing, great way to spend an hour in the morning. But then again I'm the type that on my vacation I like to lay out by the pool, relax. Not a go-go-go person.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
aiken4mickey
DIS Veteran

Good question! And, I'm not sure of the answer. This last cruise was my 11th DCL and my first without children and first 4 night...all other cruises were 3 night with some combination of my 4 children...this cruise was MOM's ONLY! I had always been curious about the SPA/Rainforest Room....and, this seemed to be the time to try it out. We bought online before we cruised the one day pass...it can only be bought this way and I think it was $15...I'm cheap...so, I wasn't sure I wanted to invest in a pass for the whole cruise. This was a way to try it out....and based on my reading....it looked liked going on our Nassau day was the best chance for it to be less crowded...so, that's what we did. We LOVED relaxing in the lounge chairs! The hot tubs were great too... The Rainforest Showers were neat too...We bought a scrub and used that in the steam room too..I'm not sure how long we were in there...but, we really enjoyed it...it was very relaxing...and a great way to spend the afternoon. In thinking back...I'm not sure when I would have had time to go back on other days....with a full day at CC and then Palo brunch on our sea day...we hardly had time to relax in the sun on deck...I would recommend trying it...and if you find you like...I think you might be able to upgrade your pass.....it's just the only way to get the one day is to buy before you cruise. ENJOY!
aiken4mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
Mtinkerbell5189
Mouseketeer

Can anyone confirm if you an upgrade from a 1 day pass (or several 1 day passes) bought online to a couples pass when you get on the ship?

I am going on the fantasy and cannot decide but wanted to at least get the one day before hand in case. However if I got a couples pass I did want to see if the money already paid for the one day could go towards that.

Do they only sell limited couples passes? I will go there right after lunch when we embark. We are on a sell out cruise.
Mtinkerbell5189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
klass3
Mouseketeer

When you buy a one day Rainforest Pass is it good for any day of the cruise or do you have to indicate a specific day?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
ro8821
Earning My Ears

This might be a stupid question but what is the rainforest room? Is it part if the spa?
ro8821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

I just recently got off the Fantasy and I travelled with my 79-yr-old mother. I bought her the length of cruise Rainforest Pass (as part of a "couple" with myself) as a gift because shortly before we left she began having some shoulder pain. She went probably 5 of the 7 days and only used the heated loungers. She can't use hot tubs because of a medical condition, and since she didn't even have a bathing suit with her she didn't use the showers. She just went up fully dressed and with a book and relaxed for a while. She seemed to really enjoy it and thought it helped her with her muscle pain.

I on the other hand did the loungers, hot tub, and showers! I would have spent more time there but I was traveling with 2 kids and even with the kids club it was hard to get the time away....
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #10
BriannasMommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC
I just recently got off the Fantasy and I travelled with my 79-yr-old mother. I bought her the length of cruise Rainforest Pass (as part of a "couple" with myself) as a gift because shortly before we left she began having some shoulder pain. She went probably 5 of the 7 days and only used the heated loungers. She can't use hot tubs because of a medical condition, and since she didn't even have a bathing suit with her she didn't use the showers. She just went up fully dressed and with a book and relaxed for a while. She seemed to really enjoy it and thought it helped her with her muscle pain.

I on the other hand did the loungers, hot tub, and showers! I would have spent more time there but I was traveling with 2 kids and even with the kids club it was hard to get the time away....
Hi! Thanks so much! This is extremely helpful. I can see my Mom stretched out reading a book on the loungers, as well. I purchased her a day pass for each of the 7 days of our cruise. I think it will be good "get away" time for her. We're traveling with my 18 and 15 yo sons, and my 2-1/2 yo daughter. I'm sure she'll appreciate the break.

2nd Cruise - 2014 Disney Dream - Bahamas 06/22 - 06/26/2014 with me (43) , DH (47) and DD (who turns 4 on 06/23 during the cruise!!) . So excited for Brianna's Happy Birthday Cruise.

1st Cruise - 2013 Disney Fantasy - Western Caribbean 01/05 - 01/12/2013 with Me (42) , DM (83), DS (18) , DS (15) , and DD (2). Can't wait!!
BriannasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: