Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2013, 02:14 AM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Probably would be easier if I would update my avatar picture on that other site. Now that I'm having pictures of myself taken again, maybe I will after our trip! Although man he sure was cute during that trip.

Not sure if these will be helpful for the cruise, but I got a couple of those sweater hanger holder things for closets. $3 each at Target in the dollar section. I hope they help us in this complicated trip beyond the cruise.

Here is as much of a pre-trip report as my brain can deal with, regarding the OTHER stuff.

Rooms:

2/5-7 PO Riverside - Royal River view room.
cruise
2/10-12 Hard Rock Hotel at relatively faboo AP rate.
2/12-15 AK Kidani 1 bedroom.
2/15-18 SSR 2 bedroom with the extended family!
2/18-20 VWL studio.

Whew!

Food:

nothing fully planned (apart from beignets on the 6th*, then Richter Veggie burgers at UO and giving potato leek soup at the Three Broomsticks another try at IOA) until...

2/13 MK, CRT lunch. My guys like princesses. DS notices that they are pretty, younger, females, and likes their attention. Unless they change their menu tomorrow, then the likelihood of us cancelling goes really high. The menu changes I've seen hinted at aren't really good.

2/14 DHS, Brown Derby for lunch (coconut tofu noodle bowl!) and then around 4pm have dessert and tea at the Tea Room at Grand Floridian.

2/15 AK, Tusker House lunch (SO excited, love that place).

2/16, no park planned, but Ladies Tea back at the Tea Room! Loved having tea with my girl-cousins and my aunt on our last WDW trip, and we're doing it again!

2/18 Epcot, Via Napoli for dinner.

2/19 O'Hana character breakfast at Robert's request for seeing-Stitch purposes.

*we were going to go to Epcot that day, ride a ride or two, eat at Sunshine Seasons, and have some school bread* & boozey slushies... But exploring Port Orleans is really calling my name. If we start our park days on the 6th, our Photopass Plus won't go until the 20th and our APs (DVC special) will only take us 6 days into Feb '14. That Feb is when we get access to points again (we've borrowed all but about 33 of them, LOL, so that Feb is when we can *borrow* from '15!). So I'm not sure that "snacks" qualifies as a reason to keep our APs from going much further into February 2014. Know what I mean?

So if we don't go to Epcot that first full day, we'll have beignets at Sassagoulas at PO French Quarter and then sightsee at our resort!

There. That's our pre-trip for the *rest* of the trip.

I hope the hangy thingies actually DO help for the cruise. I know they'll help everywhere else!

*does anyone else wish that WDW had a (free) service where a CM would run into a park and pick you up something like that? rather than you having to use a day from a ticket, or start an AP's use earlier than works best for you?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 01-01-2013 at 02:28 AM.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: