Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #2221
elielioh
Earning My Ears

I hope this question isn't too stupid but how do you request a specific area for you room? Do you call the BW directly? (Where is this number found?)
Old 12-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #2222
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by elielioh View Post
I hope this question isn't too stupid but how do you request a specific area for you room? Do you call the BW directly? (Where is this number found?)
You just add it to your reservation by calling MS if you booked through DVC, the owner if you rented a reservation, or Disney Reservation Center if you booked for cash directly from Disney
Quote:
Originally Posted by northeast33 View Post
I am currently booked for a standard view studio in November.
Can someone please help me or offer suggestions on what room to request?
(I know not Guaranteed)

I know I want at least 2nd floor....

I would love to be close to the elevator.. (would this put me close to lobby, main pool as well?)

I read that some standard rooms offer view and close proximity to quite pools..but do these rooms also place at the far side of the resort?
Is it possible to have a room like this, but close to elevator?

I would love to hear opinions on what are the best standard studios from some of the veterans of this resort.

I surely appreciate any feedback....
Standard view are along the front drive. They comprise about 20% of the total villas. There are no water/pool view villas that are standard view. Those are preferred view.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #2223
jburd
Earning My Ears

I will be at the Boardwalk Inn 2/27-3/6. I emailed to ask about the pool, and I got the following in an email this morning from Boardwalk Itinerary Planning:

Additionally, we are making the Stormalong Bay pool at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort available for your enjoyment. Shuttle transportation departing from Community Hall will be made available from 10:00am to 8:00pm for our Guests wishing to take advantage of the nearby pool experience.

March 2013 BWI CL
March 2012 Universal HRH CL
Old 12-31-2012, 02:20 PM   #2224
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburd View Post
I will be at the Boardwalk Inn 2/27-3/6. I emailed to ask about the pool, and I got the following in an email this morning from Boardwalk Itinerary Planning:

Additionally, we are making the Stormalong Bay pool at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort available for your enjoyment. Shuttle transportation departing from Community Hall will be made available from 10:00am to 8:00pm for our Guests wishing to take advantage of the nearby pool experience.
Excellent news!!!! Thanks so much for posting!!!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 12-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #2225
twinklestar22
Earning My Ears

does this apply to DVC members only, or for everyone?
Old 12-31-2012, 03:04 PM   #2226
jburd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklestar22 View Post
does this apply to DVC members only, or for everyone?

There was nothing mentioned about DVC in the email--and I am not a DVC member.

March 2013 BWI CL
March 2012 Universal HRH CL
Old 12-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #2227
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Standard view are along the front drive. They comprise about 20% of the total villas. There are no water/pool view villas that are standard view. Those are preferred view.
That depends on how you booked. If you booked with DVC points, the above is correct. If you booked through CRO, you will most likely be given a pool or canal view.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #2228
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
That depends on how you booked. If you booked with DVC points, the above is correct. If you booked through CRO, you will most likely be given a pool or canal view.
Oops, you are correct, DebbieB. I thought I read this was a DVC reservation.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:42 AM   #2229
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Happy New Year!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #2230
WeLoveNemo
Mouseketeer

BWI vs. BWV?

I need some opinions. Due to altered school schedules (Thanks to Sandy, the Super Storm that never stops giving) our February trip is just 2 of my daughters and me. This opens the possibility of switching from a room in the BWI to a studio in the BWV's. The savings is only $100.00 in doing so, but what are people's thoughts? We love the location of the Boardwalk. The pool is closed regardless of the room's location. We tend to eat in our rooms for breakfast only. We prefer updated rooms to outdated. Thanks so much for your time and expertise!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #2231
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by elielioh View Post
I always make my requests through the main Disney line.

If you want the actual number to BWI, you can find it on allears.net. Under Walt Disney World, Accommodations, Resort Fact Sheets.

Here is the link for BWI/BWV.

BoardWalk Inn and Villas
2101 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Phone: (407) 939-5100
Fax: (407) 939-5150
Note: To make a reservation call CRO at (407) 934-7639.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveNemo View Post
I need some opinions. Due to altered school schedules (Thanks to Sandy, the Super Storm that never stops giving) our February trip is just 2 of my daughters and me. This opens the possibility of switching from a room in the BWI to a studio in the BWV's. The savings is only $100.00 in doing so, but what are people's thoughts? We love the location of the Boardwalk. The pool is closed regardless of the room's location. We tend to eat in our rooms for breakfast only. We prefer updated rooms to outdated. Thanks so much for your time and expertise!
If you eat in the room for breakfast and it'll save you money, go with the studio.

That's $100 for souvies or Dole Whips...
Old 01-01-2013, 01:32 AM   #2232
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveNemo
If you prefer updated rooms, I would definitely stick with the BWI for $100. The difference in room decor is quite drastic. You can always pick up non-perishable food elsewhere and save it in your regular hotel room. Just depends on whether room decor or a mini kitchenette takes priority for you.
YC GV- January 2015, GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 01-01-2013, 03:21 AM   #2233
teheber
CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburd View Post

Thanks for posting, now hopefully mother nature will allow us to comfortably swim in feb.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #2234
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Happiest of New Years to all of you, posters and lurkers alike. May 2013 bring you much health, happiness and prosperity.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #2235
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Happy New year everyone!!! I am so excited for this years vacation!!

FW March 2010 ~ ASMu May 2011 ~ BWI Deluxe CL May 2013 ~ ASMu March 2014 ~ AKL Villas October 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: