Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #211
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile BUZY, BUZY, BUZy........

....I have been.

Love the "MINEMINEMINE!!" pic of the birds -
2 cute.

Hope all is well.
(just got all caught up w/yer tr)

P.S. If ya know anything about the wacky world of wines, it wud be mucho mucho appreciated if ya can help me answer a rather Goofy ? I have listed on posting #25 from my below listed, "my adventures in SAN FRAN..."
(what local Calif wines wud u suggest, etc)

T.T.F.N.
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; DEC 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040

Last edited by knewton64; 12-29-2012 at 04:54 AM.
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #212
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

subbing! I love your trip reports!!

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #213
KateMW
DIS Veteran

Subscribing...hoping to get some info for our cruise this summer!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #214
bitlerzx4
DIS Veteran

loving this trip report!!

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #215
swalesfamily
Mouseketeer

knewton64 I do know a bit about wine and in reply to your questions I would stick to reislings. gewertzermenier and pino grigio if you prefer sweeter wines. Also I don't know if there are sweeter reds but bonterra winery in Cali makes a very nice red zinfandel that is easy to drink (not too strong). Some of my other fave cali reds are menage a tois (blended wine) and red velvet from the cupcake vinyards. Hope this helps

Denise

swalesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:58 PM   #216
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
ok, so christmas has come and gone....(need i say more!! )

i'm just getting on board now.....

and by the way, yes, Ron, i'd like to cut to the chase and find out if you like the fantasy better than the allure
(though it doesn't matter, we're still going on the allure next year!! )
Well the Allure is a much nicer cruise ship... It' not close... But when it comes to the overall cruise experience I'd give the Fantasy the edge. Not really a nod towards DCL, but more towards the Dis and the camaraderie of the people we've met through our meet thread.

We are really looking forward to the Oasis next year!

Ron
Old 12-31-2012, 10:06 PM   #217
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Jen is still very busy. She'll be back... She's never left a trip report unfinished.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #218
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingis2me View Post
Well the Allure is a much nicer cruise ship... It' not close... But when it comes to the overall cruise experience I'd give the Fantasy the edge. Not really a nod towards DCL, but more towards the Dis and the camaraderie of the people we've met through our meet thread.

Ron
I'm really intrigued by this. I go back and forth on whether to do a Disney cruise or Oasis/Allure cruise. We've never been on a cruise, so I am way over-thinking this. We have food allergies and restrictions (DD has food allergies and I'm vegan and gluten-free) so I lean toward Disney, but the price is so high. I haven't heard much about Oasis/Allure accommodating food needs. I worry that we would go on a RCCI cruise and I'd wish we were on a Disney ship.

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #219
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy drew View Post
I'm really intrigued by this. I go back and forth on whether to do a Disney cruise or Oasis/Allure cruise. We've never been on a cruise, so I am way over-thinking this. We have food allergies and restrictions (DD has food allergies and I'm vegan and gluten-free) so I lean toward Disney, but the price is so high. I haven't heard much about Oasis/Allure accommodating food needs. I worry that we would go on a RCCI cruise and I'd wish we were on a Disney ship.
Ive been on a 3 days RCCL and a 8 day Carnival, along with a 7day disney. and each cruise our waitstaff/mater de always asked if there were any allergies or restrictions they needed to know about before we even ordered our drinks. They dont mess around with that.

and now any day Jen.. LMAO jk I know like im one to talk.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #220
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingis2me View Post

Ron
I think everyone needs to really experience both ships themselves to make a decision on which they prefer. Like you, some people love the Oasis class ships and think they are far and above better than other ships; yet some folks would much prefer a more intimate ship (all Disney ships, regardless of size, would fall into that category just by virtue of their layout). It really is six of one, half of dozen of the other...or comparing apples to oranges - which setting is preferable to each particular cruiser.

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #221
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy drew View Post
Every cruise that I've been on has taken food allergies seriously. They ask about allergies and restrictions as part of the on line check in process as well as at dinner once you are on the cruise. I think you'll find as much variety to suit your needs on most cruise ships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
and now any day Jen.. LMAO jk I know like im one to talk.
Ha! I was just giving her a hard time about it yesterday... I think we'll see an update real soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
I think everyone needs to really experience both ships themselves to make a decision on which they prefer. Like you, some people love the Oasis class ships and think they are far and above better than other ships; yet some folks would much prefer a more intimate ship (all Disney ships, regardless of size, would fall into that category just by virtue of their layout). It really is six of one, half of dozen of the other...or comparing apples to oranges - which setting is preferable to each particular cruiser.
Exactly! Like I said, I love the larger ships with all the bells and whistles that Royal offers, but there is something special about Disney too! On each of my last four cruises (2 with Royal and 2 with Disney) I left saying, "This was my favorite cruise so far!"

Ron
Old 01-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #222
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Oh my gosh you guys are so amazing to be so patient!

NOW WHO WANTS AN UPDATE?

(I will need a little bit of time, apparently Photobucket has changed since I was here last forever and a day ago.)

I am really happy to get back into a routine and get on with the show!

Hang tight I'll be back in a bit!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #223
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

YAY! Update please!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #224
pit303
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post

NOW WHO WANTS AN UPDATE?

(I will need a little bit of time, apparently Photobucket has changed since I was here last forever and a day ago.)

Welcome back!!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #225
threeiscrazy
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us, for the moment Northern Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post

NOW WHO WANTS AN UPDATE?

Not really patient.

Discover
threeiscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: