Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #31
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Normal update now! No more grumpy mommy. We had lukie bear Home from school today with a nose infection. He gets these a lot and they are starting to turn into herpes. We are tracking them so that we can take him foot the university doctor to see if he has an auto immune disorder since he gets them so often. This is his third infection in four months. Does not look pretty right now but we love him anyway!! He received an anabiotic and antiviral med so hopefully he will be back to school on Monday. Now let the disinfection begin.

On trip news we got some very exciting news for Make-A-Wish this week. Luke's wish was adopted by a local foundation the Maxwell Meiborg fund. Every year the family hosts a golf tournament and the funds raised from the golf tournament fund the wish of the chosen Make-A-Wish child. We are very honored that Luke was chosen to be the face of the Maxwell Meiborg tournament this year. It was very exciting for our family that we were one that was able to be adopted. If you're interested in learning more about the foundation please visit the following website www.maxwellmeiborgfund.com. The foundations story is truly inspiring.

This is homecoming week at our high school so we've been very busy this week with extra activities. Last night are kids got to ride in the floats in the homecoming parade. Rebekah was a cheerleader on the volleyball float. Noah was a football player on his fourth-grade tackle football float, Isaac didn't get to participate on the homecoming activities because he had swimming practice, I stayed home with Luke because he was contagious.

We're hoping that our trip get straightened out soon because we are really counting down the days to November I hope you all have a safe and happy weekend

Visiting the darkside yearly since 2004
Staying onsite RPR or hrh
Threeboysandachickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #32
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

We went to our MAW sponser golf tournament on Friday. We had so much fun. We met over a hundred Fifty golfers. We received two wonderful gift baskets full of things for the kids and full of gift cards for our trip. There was a halloween themed basket also with a warm blanket, plates, bowls and napkins. even bag of candy.The foundation that paired up with us, is just wonderful. There are no words to describe them, luke was treated like royalty! Someone took him their golf cart to bomb around on. Luke did a great job being the center of attention, waved to his fans, and payed on his ipad. It was Such an amazing experience to be part of. Thank you Maxwell Meiborg Foundation Family!

Last edited by Threeboysandachickie; 10-09-2012 at 09:53 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #33
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeboysandachickie
We went to our MAW sponser golf tournament on Friday. We had so much fun. We met over a hundred familiesv. We received two wonde of giftbaskets full of things for the kids and full of gift cards for our trip.. The foundation that paired up with us is was just wonderful. There are no words to describe them, luke was treated like royalty! Someone took him our to bomb around on their golf cart. Such an amazing experience to be part of. Thank you Maxwell Meiborg Foundation Family!
That's so nice to read. So glad your family was treated so well. You deserve it and it always makes me feel so happy to read when nice things happen to people who more than deserve it

Chatterbox's Pre-Trip Report

December 14 - December 22, 2012
onceagain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #34
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeboysandachickie View Post
We went to our MAW sponser golf tournament on Friday. We had so much fun. We met over a hundred Fifty golfers. We received two wonderful gift baskets full of things for the kids and full of gift cards for our trip. There was a halloween themed basket also with a warm blanket, plates, bowls and napkins. even bag of candy.The foundation that paired up with us, is just wonderful. There are no words to describe them, luke was treated like royalty! Someone took him their golf cart to bomb around on. Luke did a great job being the center of attention, waved to his fans, and payed on his ipad. It was Such an amazing experience to be part of. Thank you Maxwell Meiborg Foundation Family!
That sounds amazing. Glad your family had a great time!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:33 AM   #35
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Wish Mom Alumni here...when I had time (eons ago) I always posted happy pics for all. Taking time to do that this morning for my fellow Wish Families...it WILL be the most magical trip!

One became SEVEN?!? How did THAT happen???
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #36
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Thank you Judy! We are crazy around here. We met with our wish team for our sendoff last night. We leave tomorrow after school. Trying to fit Halloween parties into insane cleaning and last minute packing!

Old 11-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #37
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

You have a beautiful family. So sorry that Luke, and your family, has been through so much. So glad that Luke got his wish.

How exciting about the Maxwell Meiborg golf tournament - glad your family had a great time.

I hope you had a wonderful trip - can't wait to read about it.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #38
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Luke's trip overview

2 nov Friday
Arrive give kids the world 5:00
Pirate princess party GKTW

3 nov Saturday
5k parade including nickelodeon characters at GKTW
Islands of adventure
Lunch Dino discovery center
Rides, cat in hat, one fish two fish, trolley train, hippogriff, forbidden journey, Jurassic park river adventure, Spider-Man, storm force accelerator, the hulk, despicable me
Dinner st finnegans irish pub
Splash bash BBQ GKTW

4 nov Sunday
Animal kingdom
Bbq Pork pita at lunch stand, pizza at pizzeria stand for kids
Rides, expedition everest, kilimanjaro-safari, DINOSAUR, Primeval Whirl, TriceraTop Spin,
Holly wood studios
Rides rock-n-roller-coaster, twilight-zone-tower-of-terror,
candyland game GKTW

5 nov Monday
Mickey picture gktw
Epcot food and wine
Rode mission: space Phinneas and ferb/ perry game through Mexico,
food in Canada, Ireland, France, Italy, Caribbean, Japan, South Africa,
Halloween GKTW party

6 nov Tuesday
Nickelodeon character picture gktw
Sea world
Rode manta, journey to atlantis, kraken, Clyde and Seymour's show, one ocean (shamu)
Behind the scenes tour
Dinner pizza pasta buffet
Downtown Disney ! Lego shopping and bippity boppity boutique

7 nov Wednesday
Magic kingdom
Aladdins carpets, pirates of Caribbean, big thunder mountain, haunted mansion, it's a small world, Peter pans flight, under the sea, journey of the little mermaid, enchanted tales with belle, people mover, space mountain, buzz light year space spin, tomorroeland speedway
Lunch pesos bills
kids night out GKTW

8 November Thursday check out gktw
Univerdal studio
Lunch Turkey legs
Rides ET, men in black. Simpsons, revenge of mummy, woody woodpecker roller coaster (tried rip rocket but broke down while in line)
Check into nickelodeon hotel
Dinner pat o'briens city walk

9 November travel home!

Characters met:
Cat in hat
Betty boop
Spider man
Woody woodpecker
Minions
MIB agents T&M
Shaggy
Scooby
Homer
Bart
Shrek
Spongebob
Mickey mouse
Chip
Dale
Donald duck
Baboo
Minnie mouse
Pocahontas
Goofy
Pluto
Penelope
Wreck it Ralph
Mr incredible
Frozone
Handy manny
Shamu
Rapunzel
Princess aurora
Cinderella
Marie
Tinkerbelle
Periwinkle
Jessie
Woody
Ariel
Merida
Belle
Mary poppins
Snow white
Alice in wonderland
Fairy godmother in training

Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #39
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Wow - I'm tired just reading it.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #40
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

We hope your family has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Old 11-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #41
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeboysandachickie View Post
Thank you Judy! We are crazy around here. We met with our wish team for our sendoff last night. We leave tomorrow after school. Trying to fit Halloween parties into insane cleaning and last minute packing!
It looks like you packed a LOT in to your wonderful trip! Looking forward to seeing pics (I hope).

One became SEVEN?!? How did THAT happen???
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #42
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Old 12-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #43
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: