Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

What size bag for carry-on?

Help! I have a choice of three bags to use for my carry-on, which will hold food items and alcohol. Earlier, I read in a different thread (can't remember which) that the carry-on bags had to fit thru the security scanners, but I am not sure what the dimensions are for fitting thru the security scanners at the port, being that I have not ever flown or traveled before where bags are screened. Can anyone help me figure this out so I can choose which bag to pack?

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Here you go-
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/fa...ge-containers/
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Thanks cruisecrasher. I saw that, yet I still had to ask in case there was something I was missing that perhaps a recent cruiser from Galveston would know.
So another question, then...I was reading that if I brought alcohol on board in my carry-on, that carry-on has to an actual closed bag. I was planning on taking just one large purse style bag as my carry-on with the alcohol in it, so I guess I have to re-think my packing? So confusing for this old lady

Old 12-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

I've never seen anything about a closed bag. We carried on soda in a grocery store bag once. It just cannot be in a cooler, and whatever it is in, you will carry until 1:30.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #5
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Yes, I read that there are no coolers allowed. I have the bottles wrapped just in case. Let's hope that I pass, lol. I don't mind carrying a bag. Thanks to you all for help

Old 12-24-2012, 04:43 AM   #6
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Be warned: you think it's fun to hold the wine for a couple of hours at first, then suddenly your shoulder starts to ache. Be sure you can hold it.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
dittymau
Earning My Ears

Use a 22" rollaboard will hold up to 5 bottles of wine or liquor you will have to carry (or roll) your carryon until 1:30pm. You can get one at Ross stores (or any discounter) for like $19... I also put some bubble wrap around the bottles just in case.

Cheers
dittymau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #8
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Okay, I had planned on using a reuseable shopping bag with Mickey on it as my carry-on, but I think it's too tall....ugh. The other bag I wanted to take is way to large for a bag to carry until my room is ready. Geez. Well, I will have to keep plugging away...maybe call DCL?

Old 12-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
DakotaDisneyLover
Mouseketeer

Why are you bringing food? I suggest going on the DCL website and reading the rules, etc. regarding carryons, and bringing on food and beverages so you will know. And remember, airline carryon and ship carryon rules are different.
*Disney Wonder 2010
*Disney Fantasy February 2013
DakotaDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaDisneyLover View Post
Why are you bringing food? I suggest going on the DCL website and reading the rules, etc. regarding carryons, and bringing on food and beverages so you will know. And remember, airline carryon and ship carryon rules are different.
I am bringing food items that DCL will charge me for or does not have (candy bars, granola bars, powdered drink mix, etc).

I have read the rules about alcohol, yet I am here asking any others who might have greater insight to help, that's all.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
kristinfly2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch

I am bringing food items that DCL will charge me for or does not have (candy bars, granola bars, powdered drink mix, etc).

I have read the rules about alcohol, yet I am here asking any others who might have greater insight to help, that's all.
We traveled with our 4 youngest in November and I really wish I had brought more snack type food for our 3 and 5 yo. Next time we will bring less clothes and more granola bars and fruit snacks!
kristinfly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:17 PM   #12
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinfly2 View Post
We traveled with our 4 youngest in November and I really wish I had brought more snack type food for our 3 and 5 yo. Next time we will bring less clothes and more granola bars and fruit snacks!
Sounds like mine! I think they could live on granola bars and dried fruit! At least they are healthy snacks and not addicted to candy, thankfully
I also am glad to see that they have soy milk individually packaged, but I wonder if there is a charge for it or if it's free. I bought Yahoo powder mix, so if we really need a chocolate kick

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: