Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #646
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I think we have been on the same cruise 5 times now. Chloe and some of her older sisters did the jewellery workshop that I hosted on the 2010 Westbound Transatlantic cruise.

Corinna
You are probably right. Was she on you past one? I can't remember her exact date, but I think she was on the magic out of Galveston in Oct over Halloween? I can't remember your date either off hand. LOL.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #647
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

No, we went November 10th. I know that she also was on the Magic over Christmas.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #648
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
No, we went November 10th. I know that she also was on the Magic over Christmas.

Corinna
Yes she was.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #649
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After my Magical Moment, I decided to go down and look at Animators Palate while it was empty.

Yeah, I went a little picture crazy here too.

I decided to go back up to deck 4 and just walk for a little exercise.

And I tried for a few artsy shots. I was trying to have different focus points.

So, I am all crouched down, trying to get these shots and I feel someone tap me on my back. My first thought was that Lisa had come and found me. I stood up and turn around and I was shocked! It was Chip and Dale. How cool was that!
I asked their handler to take a picture.

And she goes to take a 2nd and tells me that my card is full! UGH! I did the quickest card change EVER!! And she took a couple more then.

Itís really sad, but looking at these pictures, you really see that I am shaped exactly like Chip and Dale!

I said Thank you and good bye, but they didnít leave. Instead, Dale laid down on the chase lounge.

I was wondering what the heck they were doing and then he motioned to Chip and Chip came over and gave him a massage.

It was so funny and truly another Magical Moment for me.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:34 PM   #650
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

They then got up and waved good bye. Look at that mischievous look he has.

They headed on their way and it looks like they were looking for more trouble.

I started my walk around the deck.

And who should I run into in this hallway? Well Chip and Dale again. I guess they were walking around the outer deck. We waved and they hugged me again. I mentioned to them that my Daughter would be so jealous and they gave me the look of ďwhere is she?Ē I told them at home, as this was a girls trip. They had the look of horror that I would do such a thing. It was funny. I assured them that she has sailed Disney already once and that she would be sailing Disney again in about 5 weeks. They gave me a relieved look and we went on our merry ways again.

I continued taking pictures as I walked.

Another picture where I was trying to get a certain focus point and the rest fad out blurry.

Someday I really want to try and play shuffleboard.

This area was roped off for construction and I looked over it and shot a couple of pictures.

I guess these guys were the one working there ÖÖand look who I spot off in the distance.

Lisa!

We decided it was time to go and get some breakfast so we headed inside and guess who we saw AGAIN!!!!!

I waved and then asked if Lisa could get a shot with them. The played around with her. Looks like Dale was doing a bit of hide and seek or peek a boo.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #651
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

WOW! That was a magical moments for sure. It pays to be an early riser.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #652
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After our latest meet with Chip and Dale, we headed off for breakfast.

A look off the back of our ship.

I love the Mickeys on the glasses.

That lady looks like she is giving me the evil eye.

But she actually wasnít. She came over to me shortly after and asked me if I knew anything about cameras. She had an SLR as well and was having issues working it. I played around a bit and I think I got it figured out. I think her issue was mostly video and it wasnít working. I donít remember the details, but I do know we figured out that her video setting was wrong and all the video they thought they took did not actually take. I hope I helped her enough to be able to catch the rest of the memories.

We then saw land in the distance. Thatís a good sign.

I donít have any pictures for the next 1 Ĺ -2 hours, so I am guess we headed back to the room and lounged around a bit till we got closer to port.

Once we did get closer though, we went up top and watched us approach.

We watched them steer us in.

Lisa needed to go back to the room for something so she left and I stay up top taking pictures. I told her I would be up around the top when she came back.

I didnít have my telephoto lens with me, so I switched over to using my point and shoot so I could zoom in closer.

This area we see is a little plaza they have right at the port. Our plan for the day was to just hang out here. Possibly travel outside of it, which requires a taxi ride, but for the most part our plans were to explore this are, which we were told had quite a bit of shopping and activities.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #653
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
WOW! That was a magical moments for sure. It pays to be an early riser.
It was so much fun. I really felt special and i bragged about it all my friends of course!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #654
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I really loved looking at the shore line. It looked like it was pretty much jungle beyond.

We were told it may be a little tricky docking here because of the currents, but I think it looked like we were doing a pretty good job.

I took a little bit of video.

And while I was taping the darn thing quit. Full card on this camera now! UGH! So I had to run back to the room to get another card.
I got down there and tried to open the door but it wouldnít. I figured Lisa mustíve used the bathroom and locked the lock so that no one would come in. She always had a fear Rodrigo would come in while she was in there. Speaking of Rodrigo, he comes along and tries to help me, but he canít open it either. I told him that I bet she was out on the balcony and had it locked. I knocked a few times and called her name, but she didnít answer. So while I waited, I took this picture.

I finally gave up. I was missing us docking so I ran down to deck four and watched.

The guys on the dock seemed all excited and ready. If I remember right, this was Disneyís first official visit to this port. I think it has been here a time or 2 when diverted by a hurricane, but I am pretty sure this was their first scheduled stop.

However, after talking to a few people and seeing the schedule for the upcoming year, I do not think Disney will be coming back here much in the future. From what I have heard, this port is not up to Disney standards. And actually it felt kind of scary to me. There was a constant present of military.

You can see some standing on the dock in this next picture.

I headed back to the room once again and the door was now unlocked. I got what I needed, took a few pictures off the balcony and headed out in search of Lisa.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #655
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Forget about Claire being jealous your Chip & Dale meet and greet....I'm jealous! What a fun little meeting you had with them. And, then, to see them again later.

Your pictures are amazing as always! Loved each and every one of them.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #656
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Forget about Claire being jealous your Chip & Dale meet and greet....I'm jealous! What a fun little meeting you had with them. And, then, to see them again later.

Your pictures are amazing as always! Loved each and every one of them.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Thanks Lisa!!!!

It was a really fun morning.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:43 AM   #657
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

That really is lucky to have two surprise character interactions in one morning. Chip and Dale are so funny.

It may have been the first scheduled stop for the Magic, but the Fantasy has been going to Costa Maya for a while. I actually loved Costa Maya, but we did not stay in the port area, but headed out to see some ruins.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #658
MEK
DIS Veteran

Perfect timing - running into the big cheese himself and getting such a cute picture!

I hate when I catch people giving me the "evil eye"

Happy New Years to you and your family!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #659
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
That really is lucky to have two surprise character interactions in one morning. Chip and Dale are so funny.

It may have been the first scheduled stop for the Magic, but the Fantasy has been going to Costa Maya for a while. I actually loved Costa Maya, but we did not stay in the port area, but headed out to see some ruins.

Corinna
You could be very right about that. I kept hearing about it being the first stop, but I knew they had been there at some point already. I do also know it was hard to find any info through Disney on the port as it was new for 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Perfect timing - running into the big cheese himself and getting such a cute picture!

I hate when I catch people giving me the "evil eye"

Happy New Years to you and your family!
It was perfect timing. I never have luck like that normally!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #660
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

A little late, .........

You are definitely one lucky lady! First meeting the Big Cheese himself, then running into Chip and Dale and not only once, but three times!!!!!!!!!!!

I love all your photos .... so much detail, thank you for posting them all.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: