Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #2071
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Thank you, Janet. I know what a difficult time this is for you...and those of us blessed to call her friend. We will miss her friendship terribly...she was such so very special.

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 12-31-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 AM   #2072
pas130
DIS Veteran

I haven't been on the Dis or the GF thread much at all...but Sarah was a dear friend to many here!

It's hard to think of the Grand and not think of our Precious junglecruiser She was truly a special, wonderful woman!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #2073
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
I’m very sad to let you know that JungleCrusier, Sarah, has passed. To those of you who came to know this lovely, funny, caring woman, you know how much she lived for her Disney trips and how much she loved the Grand Floridian.

If you would like to, please visit this link to share your memories and thoughts of Sarah, which will be shared with her family. God bless.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post47022147
I haven't been online much recently, but got word that our dear friend has left us. What a terrible loss for her family and friends, we will all miss her.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #2074
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

I have not been online for awhile (been too crazy between work and kids)

I just read about junglecruiser now...

My thought and prayers are with her friends and family during this time... What a terrible loss...

She will be missed!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #2075
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Can anyone guess as to whether or not the courtyard pool will be open by the end of April? We are scheduled to arrive at the GF on April 29, and it sure would be nice to have it ready to use!

Edited to add..I changed over from WL and have not changed the ticker!
Hi DreamCruiser. Check out my post two posts above yours.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #2076
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
Hi DreamCruiser. Check out my post two posts above yours.
Thanks...I did see that...just today! Don't know how I missed it when I posted here.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #2077
lin7
DIS Veteran

Haven't been on the DIS for awhile, I always frequent the GF thread and junglecruiser was always a regular on this thread. My prayers and thoughts are with her family, she will be missed
Old 12-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #2078
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

She will indeed. Her family is in my prayers. Janet, thank you for letting us know.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #2079
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you for sharing this here, too, Janet. Sarah loved the Grand and she will be greatly missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Thank you, Janet. I know what a difficult time this is for you...and those of us blessed to call her friend. We will miss her friendship terribly...she was such so very special.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I haven't been on the Dis or the GF thread much at all...but Sarah was a dear friend to many here!

It's hard to think of the Grand and not think of our Precious junglecruiser She was truly a special, wonderful woman!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
I haven't been online much recently, but got word that our dear friend has left us. What a terrible loss for her family and friends, we will all miss her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
I have not been online for awhile (been too crazy between work and kids)

I just read about junglecruiser now...

My thought and prayers are with her friends and family during this time... What a terrible loss...

She will be missed!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin7 View Post
Haven't been on the DIS for awhile, I always frequent the GF thread and junglecruiser was always a regular on this thread. My prayers and thoughts are with her family, she will be missed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
She will indeed. Her family is in my prayers. Janet, thank you for letting us know.
Sarah was a dear friend to me and to many others and we all know how much she loved the GF - it was her home away from home. For those wishing to make a donation in her memory, her family designated a charity, The Valerie Fund. This was posted on the commmunity thread started in her memory, but decided to post it here as well to reach as many as possible that knew Sarah. The Valerie Fund Children's Centers provide treatment and medical services to children with cancer and blood disorders.

Thank you all for your expressions of comfort. I know this means so much to the family at this time. God bless you all.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #2080
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

My prayers are with her family. What a terribly sad thing. I remember seeing so many of her posts, and while I wasn't as interactive with her as some of you were, I enjoyed reading her posts. What a terrible loss.

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #2081
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

I will miss JungleCruiser too. Her family is in my prayers.

Now that Gasparilla's is reopened, is there also a new menu? Is Mizner's open again as a lounge?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #2082
Tam1067
LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina
I will miss JungleCruiser too. Her family is in my prayers.

Now that Gasparilla's is reopened, is there also a new menu? Is Mizner's open again as a lounge?
We are here now.

The menu looks pretty much the same as before. They do have a make your own salad option which I don't remember from before, but other options are the same or very similar to the menu before the remodel.

The set up is MUCH better though! There is plenty of seating and the atmosphere is peaceful.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #2083
andyman8
DIS Veteran

JungleCruiser will be sincerely missed, and my thoughts and prayers are with her family and close during this most difficult time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam1067 View Post
We are here now.

The menu looks pretty much the same as before. They do have a make your own salad option which I don't remember from before, but other options are the same or very similar to the menu before the remodel.

The set up is MUCH better though! There is plenty of seating and the atmosphere is peaceful.
Do you have any pictures or is it all just the same? Is it true they removed all the games? Thanks!
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #2084
Gareth& Hayley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post

Do you have any pictures or is it all just the same? Is it true they removed all the games? Thanks!
I posted pictures via a link a few pages back.

The games are still there but now right at the back - think they had a kids club there or something in the past. But basically all where it used to be games is now seating.

Our last day today but for the first time in two weeks they are working on the courtyard pool!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #2085
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Janet B - thank you for the info, and for the memorial thread for dear Sarah. Her family have been in my thoughts over the past few days.

Hello, GF lovers. I haven't been keeping up with all the construction news, but here are some photos of the new seating area and arcade in Gasparillas - sent to me by johnsonet.

Gareth&Hayley, I will look back through the posts to see your photos, thank you for posting. Tam1067, thanks for the update on the menu.

And a lovely shot of the Castle, still decked out in its Christmas finery.

*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: