Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #1156
NCConch
Mouseketeer
 
NCConch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mooresville (Race City), NC
Posts: 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clochette nordique

What is a "1/2" cruise? I really am curious about it.

Poussière de fée!
Back in the day...

I grew up in South Florida and one of the cruise lines ran a boat daily from West Palm Beach to Freeport. You went over in the morning and came back that night or any other night. You could do all of the typical cruise things like drink and gamble. Cabins were extra. My friends and I went over and spent a night at a casino for my 21st birthday.
__________________
Dave (NCConch) Conklin

1st Disney Cruise - Dec 26-29, 2013 on the Dream

NCConch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #1157
Troop o' Goofs
"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." Walter Elias Disney
 
Troop o' Goofs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 391

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch
I am torn between getting a photo mat signed or not....I bought two kinds: one that has two openings for 4x6 photos and another that is for an 8x10 photo.
We had a few signed. 8x10. 4x6 and 5x7. And we had 2sets signed plus 5 pillow cases All it cost was 2 packages of double stuff Oreos as a CM gift.
__________________



Former Cast Member
DH, DW, DS10, DS8 & DD5
DisneyMoon 1997 WL & BW, WL 2007, DCL 2011

Troop o' Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #1158
Cheerio
Welcomed Guest
Has adorable photos in her signature...
 
Cheerio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntmaresca View Post
great info, thanks so much for the quick response... my husband would never smoke inside, he'd have a bigger problem with me than Disney if he did... lol

Just to clarify - The starboard side open-air decks 9 and 10 (excluding the Mickey Pool area). - is this also 6pm - 6am or anytime?

thanks again,
Anytime you can smoke upstairs, except when in port and the ship is re-fueling. For the magic in January it was about 3pm on embarkation day when they announced smoking was allowed.
__________________
Leanne - mommy to four
'99 '01 '05 '06
Disney Magic January 2012 - Trip Report
Disney Fantasy February 2014 - Trip Report
Counting down to our next Fantasy cruise - Feb 6th 2016!
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #1159
The Lorax
Impossible is nothing
 
The Lorax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 164

Great Thread

Thread = Subbed
A huge to all the posters in this thread, definately a must read for DCL 'rookies'.
Your collective experience will ease any confusion for DW and I during our first DC with 3 DD's.
__________________


03/01/2014 7-Night Western Caribbean - Fantasy
05/08/2011 4-Night Bahamian - Carnival
The Lorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #1160
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer
 
violetmonarch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troop o' Goofs View Post
We had a few signed. 8x10. 4x6 and 5x7. And we had 2sets signed plus 5 pillow cases All it cost was 2 packages of double stuff Oreos as a CM gift.
I thought that that they could only sign one or two items per cabin
If they can do more that would be great!

Still do not know if I am able to take my reusable shopping bag as a carry-on with my champagne in it
__________________
Momma DD DS =



Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #1161
matt&jakesmom
DIS Veteran
 
matt&jakesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,028

Wow what a lot of information for a 1st timer going next year to take in. I feel so overwhelmed in not knowing what to do first. Wait I have to book the trip first. Thanks!
__________________
matt&jakesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:56 PM   #1162
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer
 
violetmonarch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt&jakesmom View Post
Wow what a lot of information for a 1st timer going next year to take in. I feel so overwhelmed in not knowing what to do first. Wait I have to book the trip first. Thanks!
I felt (and still feel) the same!
I keep hoping that I can remember all the information I got here and that I make the right decisions. The way I see it, this is the practice run for the future cruises I plan on taking
__________________
Momma DD DS =



Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #1163
bitlerzx4
DIS Veteran
 
bitlerzx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 554

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
I felt (and still feel) the same!
I keep hoping that I can remember all the information I got here and that I make the right decisions. The way I see it, this is the practice run for the future cruises I plan on taking
Last yr while we got ready for our cruise as I read tips I wanted to remember I copied and saved to my own list.

I still stalk this thread, and keep a running list of all the ones that I really like.
__________________

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #1164
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer
 
violetmonarch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitlerzx4 View Post
Last yr while we got ready for our cruise as I read tips I wanted to remember I copied and saved to my own list.

I still stalk this thread, and keep a running list of all the ones that I really like.
Oh, you are smart! I made a list, then I lost it I guess I don't have that organizational gene. (lol)
But I do stalk this site daily.
__________________
Momma DD DS =



Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #1165
SunLuvr321
Mouseketeer
 
SunLuvr321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cape Canaveral, FL
Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
I keep hoping that I can remember all the information I got here and that I make the right decisions.
When I first went through this thread I started a Word document on my computer. Then I copied and pasted any tips that sounded especially good to me. I figured I would forget most of them, but this way I have a list of the ones that I really want to remember.
__________________


2/2013-Disney Dream ~ 9/2009-Carnival Sensation
SunLuvr321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:42 PM   #1166
Llges
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 41

Oh wow! Would you be willing to share that word document?
Llges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #1167
eemaxx
Mouseketeer
 
eemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 122

Pretty sure a reusable shopping bag would be fine. Last year I took a Vera Bradley tote that did not close at the top (and is bigger than a shopping tote) and it was fine. As long as you are okay with the bag not zipping closed I think it would be fine.
eemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #1168
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.
 
EPCOTatNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Orleans, La
Posts: 2,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemaxx View Post
Pretty sure a reusable shopping bag would be fine. Last year I took a Vera Bradley tote that did not close at the top (and is bigger than a shopping tote) and it was fine. As long as you are okay with the bag not zipping closed I think it would be fine.
?
__________________
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)



EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #1169
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran
 
Clochette nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCConch View Post
Back in the day...
I grew up in South Florida and one of the cruise lines ran a boat daily from West Palm Beach to Freeport. You went over in the morning and came back that night or any other night. You could do all of the typical cruise things like drink and gamble. Cabins were extra. My friends and I went over and spent a night at a casino for my 21st birthday.
Really? I think it's neat... for people living close to a dock...
Sadly for us in the middle of the continent, it doesn't make sense, but I guess I would have 1/2 sailed to if I could.

Thanks for the answer,
Happy New Year,

Poussière de fée!
__________________
ME - DH - DD14 - "Service Cat" Agathe

sniff, sniff, no ticker! .... oops, just for now, since DH asked me when I would go back.........

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011
Clochette nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #1170
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!
 
rescuetink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sicklerville, NJ
Posts: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt&jakesmom View Post
Wow what a lot of information for a 1st timer going next year to take in. I feel so overwhelmed in not knowing what to do first. Wait I have to book the trip first. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
I felt (and still feel) the same!
I keep hoping that I can remember all the information I got here and that I make the right decisions. The way I see it, this is the practice run for the future cruises I plan on taking
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitlerzx4 View Post
Last yr while we got ready for our cruise as I read tips I wanted to remember I copied and saved to my own list.

I still stalk this thread, and keep a running list of all the ones that I really like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
Oh, you are smart! I made a list, then I lost it I guess I don't have that organizational gene. (lol)
But I do stalk this site daily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLuvr321 View Post
When I first went through this thread I started a Word document on my computer. Then I copied and pasted any tips that sounded especially good to me. I figured I would forget most of them, but this way I have a list of the ones that I really want to remember.
Did this help at all???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetink View Post
I haven't posted this in awhile, so I'm re-posting it now!! And it hasn't been updated in awhile, but I don't think it misses much!!!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...rkA/edit?pli=1
__________________
DH DW DS (10) DD (6)

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: