Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #2866
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

We are going to start packing today Only 7 days to go!!!

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #2867
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneplustwins View Post
I am sooooooooo excited! If you can't tell!
Nervous about His health and praying we are all healthy!
Yay for being so excited. Praying for your family's health, and that you won't be worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
So exciting!

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #2868
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

Victoria, I would definately bring his wheelchair from home. The wheelchairs there at Disney are either adult sized or are impossible to push kids wheelchairs. Plus you have to make it to the park entrance without a chair. That is frequently a long walk. You may be able to get MAW to rent you a special needs stroller for your trip if your at home wheelchair is not really meant for all day use.

Cassondra, you are way more ahead of the game than me! We leave in 4 days and I have not even started packing and am still considering making another dress for my DD!

MAW came over with gifts and all our final travel stuff! They brought a backpack for each kid. The one they got for my DD actually hooks to her wheelchair. It is awesome. Because of the shape of her handle, we have never been able to find anything that actually works for this chair. The weather sure looks variable while we will be there. I have the feeling we are going to end up packing for winter and summer!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #2869
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
Victoria, I would definately bring his wheelchair from home. The wheelchairs there at Disney are either adult sized or are impossible to push kids wheelchairs. Plus you have to make it to the park entrance without a chair. That is frequently a long walk. You may be able to get MAW to rent you a special needs stroller for your trip if your at home wheelchair is not really meant for all day use.

Cassondra, you are way more ahead of the game than me! We leave in 4 days and I have not even started packing and am still considering making another dress for my DD!
I hope you both have a magical time on your trips! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Old 12-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #2870
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

So now that dates for SWW have beenn announced it is time to start thinking of some dates we would like to go. We have Allie and Kara's preschool graduation which I do not think we should miss and hubby thinks it would be fine to miss... Then Trev has two field trips in May that he REALLY wants to go to and one that he really should go to as all the 2nd graders go to outdoor school for some team building as some of these kids may be in their class next year.

BUT, if we go the last weekend we could be in Disney World for my birthday!! I kinda like that idea The only bad thing about that is Trev would miss out on the last 3 of 4 days of school. That is always a fun week for them! The 2nd weekend of SWW is out as The girls preschool graduation and Trev's outdoor school fall right in that window. SO many decisions! Is it really that much hotter and rainier the beginning of June than the middle of May?

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Old 12-31-2012, 06:11 AM   #2871
disneymom04
Mouseketeer

question about GKTW tickets

Good morning all,

I have another question... this time about the disney tickets that GkTW gives.

Here is our situation:

We have leftover days from previous tickets that are not park hoppers. Could we use those tickets and hold on to the ones that GKTW gives us and use those a year of so down the road?

The reason we would want to do this is because we know we will not want to park hop for our Wish Trip. We want to spend most of our time at the GKTW village. And this way, on another trip, we would have the option to park hop.

Does this make sense? Would we be allowed to do this? I'm not trying to cheat... but if I can do this "legally", I will.

Thanks for your replies.

Jean
Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #2872
mspols
Earning My Ears

Three days till we leave for GKTW...can not believe it!! Jen I have not even started packing either...trying to figure out the clothes for the weather there....
We still do not even really have a plan just so excited for some down time. We do have a reservation for Boma on Friday night and Ohana on Tuesday . Have not been to either in the past...anyone like/dislike?
Old 12-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #2873
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom04 View Post
Good morning all,

I have another question... this time about the disney tickets that GkTW gives.

Here is our situation:

We have leftover days from previous tickets that are not park hoppers. Could we use those tickets and hold on to the ones that GKTW gives us and use those a year of so down the road?

The reason we would want to do this is because we know we will not want to park hop for our Wish Trip. We want to spend most of our time at the GKTW village. And this way, on another trip, we would have the option to park hop.

Does this make sense? Would we be allowed to do this? I'm not trying to cheat... but if I can do this "legally", I will.

Thanks for your replies.

Jean
You will need to look at the tickets themselves. They are definitely complimentary tickets which cannot be upgraded or modified in any way.

One potential problem is that many comps have a "not valid after" date on them. I'm not sure if these do, but if they do the date is strictly enforced (by the ticketing computer).

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 12-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #2874
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We leave in 4 days and I have not even started packing and am still considering making another dress for my DD!

MAW came over with gifts and all our final travel stuff! They brought a backpack for each kid. The one they got for my DD actually hooks to her wheelchair. It is awesome. Because of the shape of her handle, we have never been able to find anything that actually works for this chair. The weather sure looks variable while we will be there. I have the feeling we are going to end up packing for winter and summer!
So exciting Wonderful about the weelchair pack. Sorry the weather is so variable - we've gone in Dec., and had a trip that had an overnight low of 35, and 2 days later the daytime temp was in the 80s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspols View Post
Three days till we leave for GKTW...can not believe it!! Jen I have not even started packing either...trying to figure out the clothes for the weather there....
We still do not even really have a plan just so excited for some down time. We do have a reservation for Boma on Friday night and Ohana on Tuesday . Have not been to either in the past...anyone like/dislike?
Ohana is one of our favorites. For us, Boma is good, but there are many places that we like better.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 12-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #2875
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

I feel guilty even asking about this since so many of your kids have it so much worse, but does Make a Wish grant for chronically I'll children? My daughter has Familial Mediterranean Fever. It's a rare genetic disorder that causes fevers and inflammation around her joints and organs. She's on medicine which should give her a normal life span, I just hate that she's missed out on a carefree childhood. Even with the medicine she still has frequent fevers, severe stomach pain, and joint pain. Without the medicine it would be life threatening. Has anyone had any experience with this type of situation?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #2876
jon03015
Mouseketeer

Will be posting an update! We are 19 days away. Planning a surprise send off party the night before. I hope it will be awesome, and people will come. This has been a long time in coming!
[IMG][/IMG]
Austin turned 5 yesterday!

Check out our PTR update!

Last edited by jon03015; 12-31-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #2877
jon03015
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post
I feel guilty even asking about this since so many of your kids have it so much worse, but does Make a Wish grant for chronically I'll children? My daughter has Familial Mediterranean Fever. It's a rare genetic disorder that causes fevers and inflammation around her joints and organs. She's on medicine which should give her a normal life span, I just hate that she's missed out on a carefree childhood. Even with the medicine she still has frequent fevers, severe stomach pain, and joint pain. Without the medicine it would be life threatening. Has anyone had any experience with this type of situation?
There are many conditions in which a child can receive a wish. Your child has to be nominated/recommended by a social worker/Dr/nurse first then it goes to Make A Wish for approval. After they approve you for a wish you meet with the wish granters and they take it back to MAW to approve the wish.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #2878
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post
They absolutely do! I felt a little weird when I found out that my son had been offered a wish. I thought they were only for terminally ill children, which my son is not. I know it does vary with each situation and is up to the organization to decide what qualifies. In our area for a Make A Wish trip the child must also be referred to our Make A Wish chapter by a healthcare worker (physician, nurse, child life etc.) I hope this helps.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #2879
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspols View Post
I LOVE Ohana!!! We will be going there on this trip as well.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #2880
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Well since I'm going to be gone for 11 days (between our cruise and extra days at disney) my boss decided that I had to work all week. Since I won't have a day off until we leave I thought I'd better start packing. I'm glad we did it took me awhile lol. I too ended up packing for a little bit of everything. Do you have any reservations set up for dinner? Or any plans you have made for the trip? I can't wait to go and leave this cold weather behind!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: