Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
jillybeene71
Geaux Saints...Can you feel the Brees?

I dont like it also...no way to pay on a reservation, my 180 adr window is open but it wont let me make ressies, it took me 62 minutes for someone to get on the phone to make a payment. I cant imagine how long for dining reservations

July '07 Universal/Hard Rock Nov '07 Royal Pacific New Years '08 All Star Music (Magic Music Days) July '08 Royal Pacific Oct '08 PO Riverside New Years '09 All Star Movies July '09 Pop Century New Years '10 Pop Century July '10 PO Riverside/Royal Pacific November '10 Pop Century July '11 Pop Century Nov '11 All Star Movies Nov '12 Pop Century July '13 AoA/Pop CenturyNov/Dec '13 ASMovies/Pop Century October '14 Royal Pacific/Pop Century
jillybeene71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #17
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

I can never understand how a company as big as Disney can't offer a better website - or at least work out the kinks efficiently. This reminds me of when Target "upgraded" a little over a year ago. It was awful and if I recall correctly cost one of the "O's" his job.
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #18
5bound4wdw
Earning My Ears

i just called about free dining offer and they said it was a glitch with new website. so frustrating. hope it's all worked out by the time my 180 days hit.
5bound4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #19
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntrain View Post
I can't find it either. All you can do is save one offer on the shopping cart.
That's what I found also. As soon as you price another trip(different dates, resort, ticket options, etc) it gets rid of the one you just priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5bound4wdw View Post
i just called about free dining offer and they said it was a glitch with new website. so frustrating. hope it's all worked out by the time my 180 days hit.
Awww nuts.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #20
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

It is awful, just awful
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #21
Ntrain
Mouseketeer

I was able to book for Dec 2013. Is a split stay, we are doing 2 nights at WDW, then DCL then back to WDW for 5 nights. I was able to book the first stay, then had issues when I was trying to book the 2nd stay.
After playing with it for a while apparently you can not do check out on Dec 31. If I change the date to the 30th or Jan 1st I'm able to add it to the shopping cart. Not sure, we just need to decide which day to leave. I'm new to this WDW, first time back in 10yrs.
Other issue I had was, had a CC saved in my profile, went to do the check out, it asked for CC info. So I entered again and asked me if I wanted to save it, so I did and re-saved the same info

But other than that the reservation is linked to my profile. I know a lot of you guys the issue is with reservations done on the old website but decided to post this just to have it out there.

I'll try later booking the 2nd stay later. I literally spent like an hour and a half playing around with the site.
Ntrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #22
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Its terrible. I had to call in my payment today because although I see my reservation, there is no link to pay or balance. Have 2 Adr's linked, but the other 8, I can pull them up and see that the details, but it wont save them Sooooo glad I printed all of my ADR's on the old site before it switched. The phone wait times are aweful because EVERONE has to call to do simple things that should be done online. I feel real bad for all of you making ADR'sCant imagine the wait times at 7am when EVERYONE has to call them in. They better get this thing worked out soon or the phone CM's are going to go on strike

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
wdw4rfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #23
magicwishes
Mouseketeer

We have a family of 5 including an infant. It won't let me book a room with an occupancy of 4 even though I could on the previous web site. Unless they are changing the policy for infants, it's the web site. SOOO frusturating!
magicwishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #24
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicwishes View Post
We have a family of 5 including an infant. It won't let me book a room with an occupancy of 4 even though I could on the previous web site. Unless they are changing the policy for infants, it's the web site. SOOO frusturating!
Yup. I've been STRONGLY recommending that nobody book with or make payments with the new website (even if it seems that those things are working) ... I just think it's completely untrustworthy.

The issue you had is known and again -- I advocate you call.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #25
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Can see my reservation, wanted to check the price...but of course can't do that with the new site it seems! Argh !

nyrebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:32 PM   #26
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicwishes View Post
Yep, I'm having the same problem. It's a glitch with the new website, so you need to call to book. I emailed Disney to make sure it wasn't a change in policy, and received a response confirming that an infant under age 3 is not counted against occupancy.
mum2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #27
El Perro
Earning My Ears

The website is broken and should never have gone live.

Warning: Nerd rage follows!

Whomever is in charge of software dev and infrastructure there is an idiot. How do you let something with this many bugs go live? Have these guys ever heard of "quality control"?

The fact that nobody's old reservations aren't linked to the new accounts is beyond absurd. Was it too much to have the new website simply access the old data stores? If not, was migrating the data really that complicated for these tools? Did they even consider that this might be an extremely negative user experience (obviously not or else it wouldn't be this way).

Now their call centers are getting crushed with callers and the CC reps are having to spend thousands of hours fixing things instead of booking reservations and adding to revenue. The amount of time and money being spent to fix this thing has to be astronomical. If they actually kept metrics on this they would be appalled and heads would roll. Clearly they do not, as this isn't the first time they've borked a simple website migration.

This reeks of a "code and load" mentality over there. Nice going there, geniuses.

/nerdrage off
El Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #28
magicwishes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
Yep, I'm having the same problem. It's a glitch with the new website, so you need to call to book. I emailed Disney to make sure it wasn't a change in policy, and received a response confirming that an infant under age 3 is not counted against occupancy.
Thanks! I was going to wait to call until 1/3. I was hoping it wasn't a change in policy that could hose us in the future.
magicwishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #29
WDWPooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Perro View Post
The website is broken and should never have gone live.

Warning: Nerd rage follows!

Whomever is in charge of software dev and infrastructure there is an idiot. How do you let something with this many bugs go live? Have these guys ever heard of "quality control"?

The fact that nobody's old reservations aren't linked to the new accounts is beyond absurd. Was it too much to have the new website simply access the old data stores? If not, was migrating the data really that complicated for these tools? Did they even consider that this might be an extremely negative user experience (obviously not or else it wouldn't be this way).

Now their call centers are getting crushed with callers and the CC reps are having to spend thousands of hours fixing things instead of booking reservations and adding to revenue. The amount of time and money being spent to fix this thing has to be astronomical. If they actually kept metrics on this they would be appalled and heads would roll. Clearly they do not, as this isn't the first time they've borked a simple website migration.

This reeks of a "code and load" mentality over there. Nice going there, geniuses.

/nerdrage off

I cant load my resort, and the only way to see my dining is to go to the 'my intinerary' and go to my date...then they are all there. I have been making payments by automated phone. When I listened to the resort details it had me as quick service when I have dining. I called CM, who no doubt was just as frustrated as I was, and probably crazy with the same phone calls because of site. Apparently the phone system reads their codes wrong and all is fine. She gave me a tech #. So I called, he said my resort info was safe and they were working on it. With a $6000 trip..not being able to see anything or have a site cooperate stinks.
WDWPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #30
padawans
DIS Veteran

When I try to make ADR's it tells me the restaraunt is no longer in business "as of" some weird date. Sometimes it's 2009. If I go the restaraunt page I can make a reservation, but not for a specific time. It just shows lunch or dinner. We like to eat dinner around 8pm, and all I get is 6-7 pm times showing up. It's very weird.
padawans is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: