Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #16
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Sounds like everyone has the same idea. We have a Be Our Guest ADR on the 30th and planning to be in Epcot for NYE proper after an ADR at Bluezoo. Flying back home the afternoon of the 1st.
Ooh, jealous!! I tried for BOG on 12/30, ALL DAY the day the reservations opened, and only that night could get through. Best I could get is 01/01/13 dinner. Looking forward to it!!

Look for us with the LGMHs!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dec'12/Jan'13, NYE at AoA!!!! ... Apr/May '12, DREAM! ... Nov '11, POR ... Jan '11, CSR ... Nov '10, POFQ ... May '10, POFQ & ... Nov '09, after seeing STS-129 launch!!!! ... June '09, POP ... Nov/Dec '08, ASMu ... Oct '06, POP ... Aug '00, FREE trip (friend's radio prize!!), stayed offsite ... Aug '89 daytrip
cjlvsccm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #17
jchristie214
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlvsccm View Post
From all reports I've read, MK is seriously, insanely crowded on 12/31, but may still be the most fun! We chose Epcot on 12/31 because it's hubby's favorite park, and they have so much space to handle the enormous crowd. Add to that the fact that MK does their NYE fireworks on 12/30 as well as 12/31, and it's a no-brainer for us ~~ we'll get the best of both!!! (not that we're greedy or anything... )

So it really depends on what your family most enjoys. And if you do feel like getting out on the 30th without going in a park, I've seen great pix of the MK fireworks from the TTC!!

But I know what you mean about needing to rest, our drive is about 12hrs, and I'd guess yours is at least that long too. We'll spend the 29th just wandering our resort before we crash. Two LOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG days in a row are going to be a challenge!

What is the TTC? We may do that on the 30th so we can do Epcot for NYE....

jchristie214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #18
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

I think I am going to make the trip! Not 100% sure, am more 80% sure now!

I wish I had a BOG ADR :/

I am booked at Pop, it seems every value is booked solid now too! I was hoping to rent points for January 1 and 2, but there is nothing available.

We should plan a DISer meet on NYE in Epcot or MK on the 30th!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR

lthiesfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:25 AM   #19
global-mouse
Earning My Ears

We will be arriving at WDW at 3pm NYE, heading immediately to Epcot and a 4:30 ADR for a late lunch at Chefs de France and an 8:30 ADR for dinner at Via Napoli. (We love our food!) Glad to hear Italy is the place to hang out.

Will be there until the 5th and have not been able to get an ADR for BOG for the past 2 months. Hoping to squeeze in with any of the ADRs they hold for "day of" reservations, although I think that is unlikely.

Will be checking if there are any dis-meets happening.

If anyone knows of any tricks to get into BOG that week, let me know. It is our second anniversary and we spent our honeymoon at WDW so trying to make it special.

Cheers,

global-mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #20
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchristie214

What is the TTC? We may do that on the 30th so we can do Epcot for NYE....
Ticket & Transportation Center, which is the parking lot from where you can get a bus, monorail, or the ferry to MK. It's next to the Poly beach, but it's possible they could limit the Poly beach to Poly guests.

From there, you could even ride the ferry in and back during the fireworks, to get even closer views.

Dec'12/Jan'13, NYE at AoA!!!! ... Apr/May '12, DREAM! ... Nov '11, POR ... Jan '11, CSR ... Nov '10, POFQ ... May '10, POFQ & ... Nov '09, after seeing STS-129 launch!!!! ... June '09, POP ... Nov/Dec '08, ASMu ... Oct '06, POP ... Aug '00, FREE trip (friend's radio prize!!), stayed offsite ... Aug '89 daytrip
Old 12-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthiesfeld07
I think I am going to make the trip! Not 100% sure, am more 80% sure now!

I wish I had a BOG ADR :/

I am booked at Pop, it seems every value is booked solid now too! I was hoping to rent points for January 1 and 2, but there is nothing available.

We should plan a DISer meet on NYE in Epcot or MK on the 30th!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Hope you make it! We've got lunch ADR at le Chefs, and dinner at Via Napoli. Will gladly join a DISmeet!!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #22
jchristie214
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Ticket & Transportation Center, which is the parking lot from where you can get a bus, monorail, or the ferry to MK. It's next to the Poly beach, but it's possible they could limit the Poly beach to Poly guests.

From there, you could even ride the ferry in and back during the fireworks, to get even closer views.
THANKS! that is something we may try!

jchristie214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #23
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

Quote:

yes, can see the fireworks from the ferry dock quite well with good audio as well. However, 2 things:
1. you can not ride the ferry during NYE fireworks. There are fireworks shot off from the islands in the lagoon and all watercraft traffic stops 45 min prior to fireworks until about 15 min after the conclusion of the fireworks.

2. they will close the poly beach to guests on the 31st, but not likely on the 30th. Every year the company puts out a memo about closing the beach both days and it NEVER happens on the day prior to the actual holiday. They put it out to deter people and so it propagates on the internet, but it doesn't happen.

Hope that helps, I will be watching the MK fireworks on the 30th and in EPCOT on NYE as is my usual tradition.

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #24
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
yes, can see the fireworks from the ferry dock quite well with good audio as well. However, 2 things:
1. you can not ride the ferry during NYE fireworks. There are fireworks shot off from the islands in the lagoon and all watercraft traffic stops 45 min prior to fireworks until about 15 min after the conclusion of the fireworks.

2. they will close the poly beach to guests on the 31st, but not likely on the 30th. Every year the company puts out a memo about closing the beach both days and it NEVER happens on the day prior to the actual holiday. They put it out to deter people and so it propagates on the internet, but it doesn't happen.

Hope that helps, I will be watching the MK fireworks on the 30th and in EPCOT on NYE as is my usual tradition.

Thanks for those corrections!

Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #25
cuteduck223
Mouseketeer

How flexible are your dates? We are leaving Evening of the 28th (an hour south of chicago) and will be back on the 6th. Maybe stopping in Franklin, TN overnight the 28th (our plan was to arrive late on the 29th). We are staying with friends when we arrive (Minus 12/30 at AKL) and doing candlelight on the 30th. Its the hubby, 3 year old and me. If you wanted traveling partners...

First trip: 1989 -off site (but hey, I was 10!)
1991-Fort Wilderness
1997-Fort Wilderness
2000-Fort Wilderness
2002-All-Star Movies
2008-Pop Century
2011-Fort Wilderness
2012-September-Fort Wilderness
New Years 2012-AK Lodge
2013- July - Pop Century
Next trip: New Years 2013-Port Orleans Riverside!
cuteduck223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #26
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

We are heading to the world a week from today also from Chicago (we are flying). Our (my) plan is to spend NYE in epcot. DH would much rather relax at the resort but I'm looking to people watch and party with the rest of the crazies! I would totally meet up for a dismeet! Heck I will need someone to drink with when DH walks back to the BCV for an early night in! Lol
Jenna319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #27
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

At the poly with friends waiting for the fireworks now. We r by the 2 swings, say hi if u think u see me! Also remember to duck when the monorail passed over in case something falls out!

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #28
whodini
Mouseketeer

I'm in the MK and its not nearly as crazy as I expected. Still plenty of standing room inside the hub with 20 mins to go.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #29
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteduck223 View Post
How flexible are your dates? We are leaving Evening of the 28th (an hour south of chicago) and will be back on the 6th. Maybe stopping in Franklin, TN overnight the 28th (our plan was to arrive late on the 29th). We are staying with friends when we arrive (Minus 12/30 at AKL) and doing candlelight on the 30th. Its the hubby, 3 year old and me. If you wanted traveling partners...
I wish I would have seen this! I made the decision not to go and save up for a March trip. Though, I really am regretting my decision....

I hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL time!
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR

lthiesfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #30
MouseBrayden
Walt Disney World YouTuber (MickeyViews), WDW Ride Expert, Collector of Monorail Playsets!

Sounds like a great idea! Enjoy!

Please Click Here to check out my Walt Disney World YouTube Videos! I have videos of Firework Shows, Resort Hotels, WDW Concerts, WDW Restaurants, and TONS more!

'06 Polynesian - Rarotonga
'08 Grand Floridian - Sugar Loaf (Club Level)
'10 Grand Floridian - Sugar Loaf (Club Level)
'11 Grand Floridian - Main Building (Club Level)
'12 Polynesian - Hawaii (Club Level - Garden View)
'13 Hard Rock Hotel
'13 Waldorf Astoria - 12 Floor (Disney/Pool View)

MouseBrayden is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: