Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
Nursekatiebelle
Earning My Ears

Red face Wear and tear at BCV

Hello all. My family and I will be staying at the BCV's 1/14/13-1/20/13. We are very excited because we have wanted to stay at the Beach Club for many years but couldn't justify the price. This trip we are celebrating my graduation from nursing school and my sons birthday so we decided to splurge. I have read many reviews stating that the BCV rooms are worn and need a facelift. Can anyone tell me room numbers where they have recently stayed and not had a worn room? Im so excited to stay there and am afraid to be disappointed. Thanks!
Nursekatiebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursekatiebelle View Post
Hello all. My family and I will be staying at the BCV's 1/14/13-1/20/13. We are very excited because we have wanted to stay at the Beach Club for many years but couldn't justify the price. This trip we are celebrating my graduation from nursing school and my sons birthday so we decided to splurge. I have read many reviews stating that the BCV rooms are worn and need a facelift. Can anyone tell me room numbers where they have recently stayed and not had a worn room? Im so excited to stay there and am afraid to be disappointed. Thanks!
The first thing you have to realize is the design aesthetic of BCV is very shabby chic. So even when the villas were brand new, they had that worn in look.

DVC villas run at almost 100 percent capacity, year-round (especially a small resort such as BCV) so the villas take a beating from all those guests. If you're going into the stay expecting the villas to look like their resort counterparts, you'll probably be disappointed.

All that said, we had a wonderful stay at BCV in October and our villa was awesome. It was very clean and nothing felt overly worn out.

Hope you have a great trip!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

BCV is my home resort. It's nothing like the Beach Club hotel. Hopefully you are in something larger than a studio and you will be excited for the space.

If you are in a studio, it will be smaller than a hotel room and you won't get a wow factor. But you will have good location to 2 parks which is the draw here.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
glocon
DIS Veteran

We stayed at BC last visit, on club level. The hallways on the 5th floor did look worn, but the room was not. It was beyond awsome!

I did walk all over the resort, including through the public areas in the YC and BCV. The first floor common areas in the BCV were gorgeous. I would not call them worn at all. Definitely less worn looking than the club level at BC.

That said, all the shopping and eating areas all the way around were phenomenal and not worn looking at all. And the pool was just the bomb!

I do not think it was disappointing in the least, and I had VERY high expectations for our visit. We had never stayed at such an expensive resort before, and I expected nothing but the best, and was thrilled.

And even though we only went to MK, the proximity to EP and HS could be a huge plus when you can walk back to your resort instead of dealing with crowds at the end of the day.

I would definitely look into the BCV for our next vist, especially if the price was right!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
Nursekatiebelle
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for your input. I don't mind shabby chic... was more worried about worn and excessive wear and tear but can honestly not imagine Disney letting something like that go and not fix/repair. Can't wait to go... so excited!
Nursekatiebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

I stayed at BCV & BC CL all in the same month. I loved them both, but they are VERY different in terms of decor. BC is very elegant & upscale, BCV are just how someone else here described them - shabby chic! They are meant to have a casual beachy feel, a lived-in look. I do think BCV are getting a tad dated but by no means are they run down or show wear & tear. I think a lot of people expect them to have the same feel as BC & then are disappointed when they get there & find it to be the exact opposite. I loved the serenity of the BCV, the quiet pool & quick walk to Epcot were a nice change from the hustle & bustle of the main lobby & pool of BC.

I plan to stay at both again in the future!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
tinkermama117
Mouseketeer

While we did appreciate the shabby chic aspects of our BCV studio, there were many things that needed fixing. Our room in particular had cabinets that didn't close and a leaking tub faucet. We were in the 4 th floor, I think it was 475.
1998- First Visit: off property,1999: off property, 2000: off property, 2001: off property, 2002: Land and Sea, All Star Music and Disney Wonder, 2003: Caribbean Beach Resort, 2006: Port Orleans Riverside, 2007: Off property but...then became DVC Members!!! 2008: Saratoga Springs, 2009: Saratoga Springs, 2010 (spring) Boardwalk Villas, 2010 (New Years) Saratoga Springs July 29- Aug 1 2012: BLT, Aug1-Aug 5 Disney Dream, Aug 5- Aug 11: BCV, Summer 2013:AKL and Vero Beach Split
tinkermama117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermama117 View Post
While we did appreciate the shabby chic aspects of our BCV studio, there were many things that needed fixing. Our room in particular had cabinets that didn't close and a leaking tub faucet. We were in the 4 th floor, I think it was 475.
When you have maintenance issues, make sure you call Maintenance to get them fixed as soon as possible. Why spend a vacation with broken equipment when you can get them fixed quickly and enjoy them the way they are supposed to work?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: