Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2012, 03:04 AM   #1
jemmouse
DIS Veteran

HELP! FQ or POLY

I am the most indecisive person even I know....Background, for the past few years we have either stayed FQ or POLY, with the last 2 visits, past 2 years staying at POLY. I LOVE the monorail, the rooms I have to say need need to be refurbished, not worth the DELUXE cost BUT besides the point they are clean, just a throwback. I love the balcony, and overlooking the lake...Pool is CROWDED and not so big, my DS 12 is ok with it.

The FQ, love the small quaint feeling, love the jazz musician, the size of the pool is nice, the SLIDE I feel my son has outgrown it. I know I could walk to Riverside if i needed. I prefer actually the food court at FQ over Poly. But I didn't come to eat so its not a deal breaker. The money I save for staying at FQ, is always a plus..

I tried Contemporary but it is booked, along with Bay Lake. I am not so sure on Grand Floridian. Especially with the construction going on and the closures to the resort area...If you haven't guessed I prefer the Magic Kingdom resorts...

I loved Yacht Club but my son developed a rash from the sand last time we stayed and well the rash wasn't fun, poor kid! Allergies not fun...

Wilderness reminds us of our home town area....Boardwalk yeah not loving the clowns....So doesn't leave much..

So please offer pros/cons to POLY and FQ...Any recent visits...Tell me again why you love those resorts, your thoughts...My poor travel agent is going to ring my neck because I need to book by tomorrow and I don't know which place to stay...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: