Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
itsmeamanda
Mouseketeer

April (with discount) or Sept (free dining?)

Which would you recommend for first timers?

We're wanting take our two boys age 4 and 6 to Disneyworld for the first time this year. I've heard there is a discount coming up for the time in April we'd like to go, but am wondering if we should wait until September in hopes of getting free dining?

My only doubts about going in September is the heat. The boys (and my husband) get hot very easily, and I don't want them to be miserable.

Any tips would be appreciated!
itsmeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
sablebomb
Earning My Ears

I'm certainly no pro- Never been to Disney myself but I've done some research. Isn't April temps similar to September temps anyway?

What kind of discount are they offering in April? We are also thinking of going in April.
sablebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 12:09 AM   #3
shannieboo27
Earning My Ears

Go in September. The free dining is a great deal. And my family went in April once. It was terrible. You can guarantee it will be somebody's spring break which means AWFUL crowds. You'll be miserable. Wait till September
shannieboo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
sablebomb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannieboo27 View Post
Go in September. The free dining is a great deal. And my family went in April once. It was terrible. You can guarantee it will be somebody's spring break which means AWFUL crowds. You'll be miserable. Wait till September
Stats show the last two weeks of April being low crowd volumes.
sablebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #5
myzel
Mouseketeer

If it comes down to discount or free dining then it depends on where you want to eat. "Free" Dining is only a less expensive way to go if you enjoy the more expensive character and Buffet meals.

We have gone down without the dining plan and kept track of our costs, ( we are DVC so free dining does not apply ) and found that we spent as much as it would have cost for the dining plan and we didn't eat at T/S every day.

That in mind, if you want to enjoy the Character meals and not worry about food costs then Dining Plan.

Now the hard part, ADR's ( reservations ) are a must for a lot of T/S ( table service ) with characters and buffets. So if you can plan 6 months in advance and are willing to stick with a schedule, sometimes hard with young children, the free dining promotion times are a good time to go. I have found that people w/o ADR's generally end up eating later in the evening, hard on the young ones.

If you opt for the discount period instead, then ADR's are easier to get on shorter notice.

So in short, , do the math see which feels best for you. But most of all enjoy.
myzel is offline   Reply With Quote