Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #1231
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

My heart is heavy with a deep sadness today, as is anyone who was lucky to be blessed by knowing Sarah.

I will miss Sarah's bright, upbeat, intelligent and quick-witted posts. I was so looking forward to meeting her for the first time in the OFC in a couple weeks. Our meeting was the reason I chose to stay at WL.

Janet, my thoughts are with you and all our RCer friends.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #1232
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

My heart is so sad tonight. I will miss Sarah greatly. She was a dear friend. I will miss her text messages and her posts. Life is just too short.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #1233
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

For some reason finding out about Sarah has made me realize there are things I don't want to keep putting off. My sister and I have always talked about taking my mom on a surprise birthday trip to NYC to catch a Broadway show. I sent my sister a text and we are going to start planning it. She won't know for a few months if she can do it or not because the federal case she's working on may actually go to trial. My mom's birthday is August 10th, so if I can convince the DH that would mean our WDW trip would for sure have to be moved to January 2014.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-30-2012, 01:36 AM   #1234
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You have posted exactly what I would have - thank you. I am very emotional so I need to stop for now. She was supposed to arrive at WL/CL in just a few days.
I spoke a little to Janet this evening...one of the things I picture is Sarah in the RPC for NYE, but her being at OFC meant so much to her. She wanted to try it so badly, I think our Dear Angel will be stopping by WL when her fab lady friends make the trip down next month....I miss her already

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 12-30-2012, 01:41 AM   #1235
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Jen, she was all that and more...it's been a difficult day since learning the news... In my mind she's relaxing peacefully at the GF.

Christine, she was a special woman, who cared so much for others ... she will be greatly missed by us all...
Agree with you BFF on both!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 12-30-2012, 04:25 AM   #1236
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Ever since receiving the phone call about Sarah I've been trying to figure out what to say and I'm still not sure. It's hard to believe that in a little over a week we were planning to be resting and relaxing at WL waiting for the rest of the RC ladies to arrive. She will be there in our thoughts and hearts ... a toast to her at her beloved GF Cafe ... a milkshake in her honor. And I know that when the other RC ladies leave and my DD arrives I will hug her a little tighter all the while thinking about the last trip with her daughters she had planned but was never able to go on. Sweet gentle brave Sarah you have touched all our lives.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #1237
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I just wish we could all have that group hug. Sarah emailed me on the 23rd, to wish Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. How fast things must have changed for her.
I feel like yelling for the Dis to stop... at least for a moment. Someone special is missing now.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #1238
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to stop by and drop off one of these...

In my last email from Sarah, she told me how special a young lady Miss M is, it really, truly meant so much to me. Reading those words she wrote ... a sentiment never expressed from Miss M's own paternal grandmother -- it just shows what a caring, kind and special woman Sarah was.

Jen: I feel the exact same as you.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #1239
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Stopping in to give everyone another HUG! I never got to meet Sarah but somehow felt an instant connection to her on this board. I am still so saddened by her passing. I hope my feisty Sarah grows up to as loved as admired as our beloved Sarah. I remember when DH and I were picking names for DD and he was against Sarah because he said it was an old name, but there was something about it I always loved and felt drawn to. Maybe it was fate, maybe just coincidence. But none the less, Sarah will be missed by many.

HUGS AND LOVE MY FRIENDS!!!
Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest

Last edited by babyberger; 12-30-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #1240
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any plans for NYE???? Except for i_heart_the_mouse (we know what she is doing)

We are going to spend the night at my BFF's house with the kids. Our friends have 3 kids and theirs and ours get along great so it should be a fun night. We plan on fondue, Yahtzee, and drinks...good times.

I was feeling a little guilty today about our WL CL ressie, since our YC ressie was soooooo close to being paid off and now I am still working on it. I talked about it with DH though and WL CL is where he wants to be, so he voted to stay. It's not breaking the bank, but it would be nice to have Disney taken out of my monthly budget for awhile.

If we were staying AKL pool view, we'd owe $147 and be done....

Do you guys ever get enticed by the PIF effect??? *sigh*

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 12-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #1241
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Sarah - Memorial Tribute

Hi everyone,

Last night I was feeling so down, so I called a very good friend and asked her to have lunch and go shopping today, as I needed to get out of the house and wanted to be with a good friend. It was the right thing to do, and as Wookie suggested, we had a milkshake for Sarah.

Sarah's husband Jon, sent me an email expressing his gratitude to all over the comments he read on both our RC thread and the community board.

The memorial service is most likely the week of 1/7, and for those wishing to make a donation in her memory in lieu of flowers, the family is suggesting The Valerie Fund.

When you read about this charity, one can believe Sarah selected this one herself.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #1242
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Does anyone have any plans for NYE???? Except for i_heart_the_mouse (we know what she is doing)

We are going to spend the night at my BFF's house with the kids. Our friends have 3 kids and theirs and ours get along great so it should be a fun night. We plan on fondue, Yahtzee, and drinks...good times.
Candace, our good friends will be coming over to play cards and have lots of munchies, we always have a great time with them. Sam and their daughter Nicole are like sisters.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 12-30-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #1243
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

No great plans for NYE .... sent the family up to Tahoe for 3 days of skiing .... would have loved to go with them but after my great fall over Thanksgiving I'm a little nervous of all the snow and ice .... just what I need is to injure my knee again and be back on crutches/wheel chair!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #1244
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
No great plans for NYE .... sent the family up to Tahoe for 3 days of skiing .... would have loved to go with them but after my great fall over Thanksgiving I'm a little nervous of all the snow and ice .... just what I need is to injure my knee again and be back on crutches/wheel chair!!!
Oh yes! You are probably better staying put!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 12-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #1245
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi everyone,

Last night I was feeling so down, so I called a very good friend and asked her to have lunch and go shopping today, as I needed to get out of the house and wanted to be with a good friend. It was the right thing to do, and as Wookie suggested, we had a milkshake for Sarah.

Sarah's husband Jon, sent me an email expressing his gratitude to all over the comments he read on both our RC thread and the community board.

The memorial service is most likely the week of 1/7, and for those wishing to make a donation in her memory in lieu of flowers, the family is suggesting The Valerie Fund.

When you read about this charity, one can believe Sarah selected this one herself.
I'll try and make a donation before the memorial to that charity and another one I thought about making on in her name. It's a local charity called Kidd's Kids where they take terminally and chronically ill children and their entire families to WDW.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: