Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #151
Sk8ermaiden
Earning My Ears

27 days! Who is excited? Has anyone started prepping for the trip already?

I decided we need to do Palo. Now the question is both dinner and brunch? And when?

I need to decide if I am making or ordering a FE, and then do so. Need to decide on gifts and start that too.

Need to start my packing list!!
Sk8ermaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #152
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
27 days! Who is excited? Has anyone started prepping for the trip already?

I decided we need to do Palo. Now the question is both dinner and brunch? And when?

I need to decide if I am making or ordering a FE, and then do so. Need to decide on gifts and start that too.

Need to start my packing list!!
My kids and I have been packed for a week now, and all I need to do is make the FE gifts. I made my FE out of duct tape yesterday and it looks great (to me anyways). If I could figure out how to post a pic, I would show ya.
I think that all I have left is to buy some food items to take.
Can't wait to meet you all there!

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #153
BinkleyVS
Earning My Ears

We've started our FE gifts, but still need to make our FE. Got a Palo dinner reservation already. Have a friend who came back from this cruise right before Christmas, so we're hoping to get some details from them. They already mentioned there was a tea on this cruise. Want to fill in some unknowns.
BinkleyVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #154
vcjtx
Mouseketeer

Sk8ermaiden:

We're doing Palo brunch on the 28th & Palo dinner on the 30th. We wanted to try both!

Enjoy, whichever one (or both) you choose.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #155
Iluvclay
Earning My Ears

Hi, It's our first Disney cruise so I was wondering if there was anything for adults to do who don't have kids.
Iluvclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #156
LizJ
Earning My Ears

Funny, but my DH thought I was crazy to start packing already. Will start working on the FE tonight. Hope it holds together. I better bring duct tape in my suitcase just in case.

So glad there is a tea party on this cruise. My 2 year old will love it! Wonder if I should get a ticket for my son as well?

Last edited by LizJ; 12-30-2012 at 09:24 PM.
LizJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #157
Sk8ermaiden
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkleyVS View Post
We've started our FE gifts, but still need to make our FE. Got a Palo dinner reservation already. Have a friend who came back from this cruise right before Christmas, so we're hoping to get some details from them. They already mentioned there was a tea on this cruise. Want to fill in some unknowns.

Thank you so much for sharing that! My DD is obsessed with tea and princess and Alice, and as long as I can get her a spot, this will be the highlight of her LIFE. I had been waiting to hear if they had one. I know they have a character breakfast.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #158
Sk8ermaiden
Earning My Ears

All the boys in our preschool class love tea parties too.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #159
BinkleyVS
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post

Thank you so much for sharing that! My DD is obsessed with tea and princess and Alice, and as long as I can get her a spot, this will be the highlight of her LIFE. I had been waiting to hear if they had one. I know they have a character breakfast.
When is the character breakfast??
Old 12-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #160
BinkleyVS
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvclay View Post
Hi, It's our first Disney cruise so I was wondering if there was anything for adults to do who don't have kids.
There's plenty to do without kids. A couple friends of ours went recently and loved it. They have movies, tours of the ship, talks on different subjects, mixology classes, and lots more. Of course, there's also the adult pool and deck area. Depends on what you want to do. You'll have a blast!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #161
LizJ
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkleyVS View Post
When is the character breakfast??
According to another post: The character breakfasts seem to take place on the days at sea. Each family has a different day either the first morning, second morning or sixth morning on our itinerary.
LizJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #162
belle07
Mouseketeer

We don't have kids and we had a great time on our last cruise. I really loved Palo brunch so we booked it again, I didn't love the dinner though. The grape pizza is really good.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #163
TXDisneyFreak
Earning My Ears

Character Breakfast

I was just coming on to post that I had a friend on the Dec. 15th as well. Yes, there's a character breakfast! So excited about that! I didn't know there was the tea, too.

Getting so excited. I want to start doing some packing or at least "staging" my clothes that I don't need now (like the shorts and dresses!)

March 2000--ASMo, June 2005--POP, Sept 2006--ASMo/OKW, Sept 2007--POP, Sept 2008--POP,Dec 2008--POP, Sept 2009--ASMu, Sept 2010--Disneyland, Dec 2011--DREAM and POFQ for 40th birthday! Feb 2012--ASMu for Princess Half, Aug/Sept 2012--Disneyland for Half and Coast to Coast! Sept 2012--POP ...Food and Wine first time! DCL/Magic 6-nights out of Galveston, Jan. 2013
TXDisneyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #164
jenn2002mom
jenn2002mom

Since this will be our first, I'm stumped a bit in the clothing area...
Will we need a lot of sweaters to wear over our outfits? I'm guessing evenings and mornings are chilly??
My boys (11 and 8) just have khaki's to wear to dinner. Will that be good enough for formal night too or should I plan to have them in the kids club or do room service that night??
Thanks in advance for any advice you all can give!!
~Jenn
jenn2002mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #165
belle07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn2002mom View Post
Since this will be our first, I'm stumped a bit in the clothing area...
Will we need a lot of sweaters to wear over our outfits? I'm guessing evenings and mornings are chilly??
My boys (11 and 8) just have khaki's to wear to dinner. Will that be good enough for formal night too or should I plan to have them in the kids club or do room service that night??
Thanks in advance for any advice you all can give!!
~Jenn
Khakis are okay, I saw a lot of boys and men wearing them too. I also saw some wear tuxs/suits too. Whatever works for you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: