Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #496
scuba diver
Always looking for a dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbi565 View Post
I would really love to do the CC5K and did some research on it. I do run, but strictly on a treadmill. I thought if I only ever did one race in my life, this would be the one to do. My only reservation is, the whole process seems extremely time consuming, and I don't know if I'm willing to take that much time away from my CC day with my son When I hit the gym, it's usually early in the morning before anyone else is up, so it doesn't take away from my time with them. I too shall have to give it some serious thought.

Glad you liked the story! We may be publishing something else Disney related soon, but I'll keep you all posted...
I've done the CC5k several times and it really does not take away from cruise time. It is the first thing off the ship on CC morning. I'll just meet my family after the 5K on the beach. No time lost.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #497
wideeyedwonder
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TgrFans View Post
I just booked this cruise and i already have a question for everyone!

Our first Disney cruise was a 5 night on the Dream - and there wasn't a formal night.

HOW formal do the guys (men) dress? Will my husband be the only one not wearing a tuxedo? Will a suit suffice?

Thanks everyone!
Hi everyone, hope you all had a great holiday season, and happy new year!

I will probably be wearing a dark blue blazer, shirt and tie, and slacks, but not a full suit.

4n Bahamas July 2008, 7n Western Carib July 2009,
15n Panama Canal Jan 2011, 7n Mexican Riviera Sept 2011
wideeyedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #498
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

We're still looking forward to our summer 2013 cruise! We had originally booked a Christmas 2012 cruise but postponed it until summer. The kids all had to remind me where we would have been each day. I'd be in Castaway Cay right now had we stuck with that reservation. Oh well.

Quote:
I would really love to do the CC5K and did some research on it. I do run, but strictly on a treadmill. I thought if I only ever did one race in my life, this would be the one to do. My only reservation is, the whole process seems extremely time consuming, and I don't know if I'm willing to take that much time away from my CC day with my son When I hit the gym, it's usually early in the morning before anyone else is up, so it doesn't take away from my time with them. I too shall have to give it some serious thought.
We did the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy this past June. I too am like you in that I am a casual jogger/runner and don't participate in outdoor races. I do enjoy running outdoors, but just by myself. The CC 5K was my first organized event.

The Fantasy Eastern arrives at CC around 9:30 am. We met at the Pub around 9:00 am to register for the 5K. By the time they registered everyone and we walked to the starting point (near the second tram stop by the "Buy the Seashore" store) it was around 10:15 am. We started the run around 10:20 am and I finished it in just under 30 minutes. It was a very hot and sunny day and there wasn't much of a breeze on the course. By the time I showered, changed and got caught up with the family, it was well past 11:00 am.

Although I am glad I did it once, I didn't like the late start on Castaway Cay. I won't be doing it again this summer. I prefer to just jog around Deck 4 on Sea Days before the rest of the family wakes up for the day. I'll be spending more time enjoying CC this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npuhala View Post
Hello from cold, blustery Pittsburgh! I would like to join the group! I, along with my DH Craig, DS Nathan (15yo) and DS Nolan (14 yo) will be on the Fantasy next June 15th! We love to travel and cruise all over. This will be our third DCL, having sailed on the Wonder and Dream. So looking forward to the Fantasy!
Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideeyedwonder View Post
I will probably be wearing a dark blue blazer, shirt and tie, and slacks, but not a full suit.
Ditto for formal night. I usually go sans blazer or jacket on semi-formal night, but I do wear a tie. We have our three boys wear a tie on formal night, but not on semi-formal night. It's too much to pack a jacket for each of them.
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:13 AM   #499
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

Cruises To Date:Jan. 25 - 28, 2007: 3 Night Bahamian on the Wonder May 3 - 10, 2008: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Magic June 15 - 22, 2013: 7 Night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy June 13 - 20, 2015: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy
Trips to WDW: 1972 - off site, 1974 - off site, July 1999 - Caribbean Beach, April 2010 - Pop Century, June 2012 - Pop Century, Dec. 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, June 2014 - Pop Century
May 3-10 Western Trippie: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1726945 June 15 - 22 Eastern Trippie http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post48933156

Last edited by bobbi565; 12-29-2012 at 10:28 AM.
bobbi565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:16 AM   #500
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDisneyDad View Post

We did the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy this past June. I too am like you in that I am a casual jogger/runner and don't participate in outdoor races. I do enjoy running outdoors, but just by myself. The CC 5K was my first organized event.

The Fantasy Eastern arrives at CC around 9:30 am. We met at the Pub around 9:00 am to register for the 5K. By the time they registered everyone and we walked to the starting point (near the second tram stop by the "Buy the Seashore" store) it was around 10:15 am. We started the run around 10:20 am and I finished it in just under 30 minutes. It was a very hot and sunny day and there wasn't much of a breeze on the course. By the time I showered, changed and got caught up with the family, it was well past 11:00 am.

Although I am glad I did it once, I didn't like the late start on Castaway Cay. I won't be doing it again this summer. I prefer to just jog around Deck 4 on Sea Days before the rest of the family wakes up for the day. I'll be spending more time enjoying CC this time.
Thanks for these details, KSDisneyDad! I will have to give this some serious thought. DH and I are both pondering this issue, so that adds to the mix what happens with DS while we're going through all the procedures to run.

BTW...good job in finishing under 30! I think my time would have to be closer to 40.
Cruises To Date:Jan. 25 - 28, 2007: 3 Night Bahamian on the Wonder May 3 - 10, 2008: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Magic June 15 - 22, 2013: 7 Night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy June 13 - 20, 2015: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy
Trips to WDW: 1972 - off site, 1974 - off site, July 1999 - Caribbean Beach, April 2010 - Pop Century, June 2012 - Pop Century, Dec. 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, June 2014 - Pop Century
May 3-10 Western Trippie: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1726945 June 15 - 22 Eastern Trippie http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post48933156
Old 12-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #501
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only

weeks to go to the Fantasy.
Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western

TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #502
wideeyedwonder
DIS Veteran

Getting closer!

We've been "Disney Challenged" for the past year and a half, but we are now blessed with not only being able to stay at the Grand Californian at Disneyland this coming February, but we've also just booked 4 nights at the Wilderness Lodge villas for after our cruise! It's been about 5 years since we've done WDW, and staying at the WLV is just icing on the cake!

Is there anyone else spending time at WDW before or after the cruise (surf & turf vacation)?

Also, I remember bobbi saying that Fantasy Land at MK has been renovated? What has been re-done/changed?

4n Bahamas July 2008, 7n Western Carib July 2009,
15n Panama Canal Jan 2011, 7n Mexican Riviera Sept 2011
wideeyedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #503
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've been "Disney Challenged" for the past year and a half, but we are now blessed with not only being able to stay at the Grand Californian at Disneyland this coming February, but we've also just booked 4 nights at the Wilderness Lodge villas for after our cruise! It's been about 5 years since we've done WDW, and staying at the WLV is just icing on the cake!

Is there anyone else spending time at WDW before or after the cruise (surf & turf vacation)?

Also, I remember bobbi saying that Fantasy Land at MK has been renovated? What has been re-done/changed?
It is the biggest renovation since the opening of the park. Here is the link to the Disney World site's info on it...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...w-fantasyland/

There are two new sections: Enchanted Forest and Storybook Circus. There's an enlarged Dumbo ride with an improved interacting queuing area. There are two new dining areas: Be My Guest Restaurant and Gaston's Tavern, both serving alcoholic beverages for the first time ever in MK. There's a reimagined Goofy's Barnstormer and a new stop on the Disney World Railroad. There's also a new castle, Prince Eric and Belle's, which houses the new Journey of the Little Mermaid ride. Yet to open is a new Princess meet and greet area and a Seven Dwarves Mine Train ride.

At the same time, Disney has renovated Test Track at Epcot and opened a new venue in Downtown Disney called Splitsville, a pretty cool bowling alley.

We really enjoyed the whole scene. I'll post the story when it appears in USA Weekend's spring break edition the first weekend in March.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #504
4newtocruise
Minnie, R.N.

Happy New Year!!!

We are staying a couple days before and after at the Resorts! Not sure what parks, if any, we will do. I would love to go see Harry Potter at Universal.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #505
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for these details, KSDisneyDad! I will have to give this some serious thought. DH and I are both pondering this issue, so that adds to the mix what happens with DS while we're going through all the procedures to run.

BTW...good job in finishing under 30! I think my time would have to be closer to 40.
Thanks. My goal was 30 minutes and during the second lap around the lookout tower trail, I wasn't sure it was going to happen. Before the cruise, I could easily run 5K in 27 minutes here in Denver. I barely made it under 30 minutes. The humidity and heat is harder than running at altitude.

Quote:

We will be at Bay Lake Tower 4 nights after the cruise! My oldest actually wants to do the Richard Petty Exotic Car experience for his 18th birthday.

We will probably do Magic Kingdom, but not much else other than relax at the pool.
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #506
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are flying down to Orlando Tuesday before the cruise. We will stay a house and not at WDW. We are planning on going to SeaWorld, EPCOT and either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. We also hope to stop over at Downtown Disney to do some shopping.
Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western

TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #507
4everGoofy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideeyedwonder

We are staying at BLT/BCV after the cruise.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #508
4everGoofy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba diver

I've done the CC5k several times and it really does not take away from cruise time. It is the first thing off the ship on CC morning. I'll just meet my family after the 5K on the beach. No time lost.
Sounds like a good plan! I am definitely going to try and do this run. Let me know if anyone else is going to do this, we can have a post race celebration!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #509
4everGoofy
Earning My Ears

Has anyone seen a recent dining rotation ?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #510
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everGoofy View Post
Has anyone seen a recent dining rotation ?
My TA finally emailed me last week to tell me she submitted the dining rotation request I had made months ago, so I'm assuming the new ones are the same as the old.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: