Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
melissarose
Mouseketeer

Check in at POR - how likely that a room will be ready?!

I arrive pretty early and I know check in isn't until 3 pm. How likely is it that a room will be ready for me at around 11 am? I am going to be checking in at POR on February 2!! I am hoping a room will be ready for us when we arrive!
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

We checked in to POR at 10:30 ish in March and Dec. Both times our rooms were ready. I don't know if you can depend on that but that was our experience.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

We stayed at POP last time, but online it asked what our check in time was. I put 11AM and our room was ready. Hoping the same thing for this trip in March. Enjoy your trip!!

medhdd7ds16 dd19

http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
tcherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
elaw
DIS Veteran

Every time we've checked in there (and all the moderates for that matter) they've had a room for us ... And we always take the the red eye and arrive around 7:00-7:30am
Old 12-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

It really depends on how many rooms were empty the night before and how many people check out early. Rooms empty the night before can be assigned to arrivals first thing in the morning. If it was full the night before, then rooms are cleaned as people leave.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

We checked in POR last year Saturday before thanksgiving at 9 am and our room was ready . I had done online check in and put that as my arrival time.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Seems like you'd have a pretty good chance in February, since the resort isn't likely to be completely filled. At the height of the busy season, with resorts filled to capacity, they have turn over every room every day, so not much chance of early check-in.

Also, if you don't have a lot of specific requests (like being placed in a specific section of POR, on a certain floor, etc.), you're more likely to get a room. The more specifics you request, the narrower the choice of available rooms.

Good luck!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
pxydst
Mouseketeer

I also think if you are taking the ME from the airport they have your flight info so they know you will be there so maybe?? hopefully?? they will have a room for you! That is what we are hoping in March?!?!?!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #9
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxydst View Post
I also think if you are taking the ME from the airport they have your flight info so they know you will be there so maybe?? hopefully?? they will have a room for you! That is what we are hoping in March?!?!?!
Not necessarily... Magical Express is separate from resort reservations so they don't interact.

Whether or not a room is ready when you arrive solely depends on the occupancy rate from the night before. If they are sold out the night before, that's more work for housekeepers which means a longer wait for rooms, etc.

One thing that can enhance your chance of having a room thats ready when you arrive is online check-in. The CMs who handle online check-ins try to get you into a room that will be ready based on the arrival time you put in online check-in. However, if you have room requests on your reservation, there is a good chance online check-in won't or can't meet these requests because they are trying to get you into a room that will be ready. This is what I have been told by a CM at POR. So, if having a room that's ready when you arrive is more important than any requests, do online check-in. Otherwise, do the standard check-in.

Our first trip, the only request I had was to be in Magnolia Bend and was able to get into a room at 9:45am. Second trip, we checked in on a Saturday which is a busy check-out day and I requested a high floor in Magnolia Bend and had to wait until 2pm to get into our room.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: