Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
siestakey
Malificent Fan

Port Orleans French Quarter vs Riverside

Could someone please tell me why French Quarter is always alot more money then Riverside? They are both in the moderate catagory, but the new prices say Deluxe to me. They both offer Queen size beds, so why the huge price increase since the remodel?????

siestakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

They shouldn't be a lot more money unless you are comparing a discounted price to a rack rate. Double check that you are looking at exactly the same room categories, ticket types and days, dining and dates. Sometimes the site will default to a different room type or ticket package.

For the heck of it I priced out identical packages: April 7-14, 2 adults, 8 day MYW base tickets, no dining, standard room. The prices were identical: $2,173.92

Last edited by minnie mum; 12-30-2012 at 02:14 PM.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
nkereina
Wendy Darling

The only difference I see as far as pricing goes is that POFQ offers fewer discounts than POR, so you have the opportunity to book POR at a cheaper price because of that. POFQ is such a small resort that discounts are not needed to fill it up, so therefore POFQ is excluded from a lot of promos.

To my knowledge, the only moderate resort that has different pricing from the others is CSR because of the convention aspect and extra amenities such as gym, spa, etc. And the higher price at CSR is minimal.. something like $5-$10 a night additional.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Standard rooms fill up fast at POFQ.

Sometimes the only rooms available are the Garden rooms (about $10 higher) or the King or Riverview rooms (up to $25 bucks higher). So while POR might have standard rooms available POFQ will often default to the up charged rooms.

And POFQ rarely is available for promotions.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by siestakey View Post
Could someone please tell me why French Quarter is always alot more money then Riverside? They are both in the moderate catagory, but the new prices say Deluxe to me. They both offer Queen size beds, so why the huge price increase since the remodel?????
Not sure where you are seeing a huge price difference. Or how you are getting the pricing is deluxe level. The highest rate I can find for POFQ is $253 for a standard room. No where near deluxe pricing. On the same date the cheapest deluxe resort (AKL) is $486.

Are you trying to book a discounted room rate? If so, those always vary according to how many rooms each resort has for that promo rate.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: