Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #211
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
I just heard that Pepper Market will be returning to an a la carte menu for all three meals starting January 1, 2013.
I had to research this after seeing you post it. From what it appears, this is correct. I personally think it really stinks. While the food may not be fantastic, it was still one whale of a deal as a cs on the DDP. Depending on the menu offerings it may eliminate any incentive for me to come back to the resort during the day and use my cs credit at the Pepper Market. At least I will have breakfast with no problem in the lounge.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 12-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #212
michsig
DIS Veteran

Are the pools typically open in the winter time at CSR? Namely, the digsite pool? We will be there from January 7-13. Thanks!
June 2010 - CSR
July 1999 - Villas at Disney Institute
May 1991 - Offsite
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #213
michsig
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I had to research this after seeing you post it. From what it appears, this is correct. I personally think it really stinks. While the food may not be fantastic, it was still one whale of a deal as a cs on the DDP. Depending on the menu offerings it may eliminate any incentive for me to come back to the resort during the day and use my cs credit at the Pepper Market. At least I will have breakfast with no problem in the lounge.
I actually preferred the a la carte!
June 2010 - CSR
May 1991 - Offsite
Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #214
michsig
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I couldn't disagree more with your assessment of the transportation. We have spent a total of 2 full months at WDW in the last 4 years. All of it in the month of December at some of the busiest times. We don't rent a car and use strictly Disney transportation other than the odd cab ride. I can say that there is no doubt in my mind that the Mod resorts have consistently the best bus service at WDW. And the funny thing is I would rate WL as probably one of the worst for bus transportation. Yes the boat to MK is very good, but to take a bus to anywhere else to or from WL takes forever. They don't have as many buses because it is smaller than the Mods and the trek through the campground to get to WL makes for the longest bus ride at WDW. The Deluxe resorts are very convenient for the parks they are close to, but the ones you have to bus too are second rate compared to Mods. Shared buses makes for very long bus rides compared to CSR. Sorry you had a bad experience, but IMO this isn't the norm.

There will always be stories of people waiting too long for a bus, but CSR is consistently reviewed as having excellent bus service.

I totally agree with this - I honestly don't think we've ever waited longer than 10 minutes for a bus at CSR!
June 2010 - CSR
May 1991 - Offsite
Old 12-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #215
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsig View Post
Are the pools typically open in the winter time at CSR? Namely, the digsite pool? We will be there from January 7-13. Thanks!
All WDW pools are heated- and open year round unless there's severe weather!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #216
michsig
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
All WDW pools are heated- and open year round unless there's severe weather!
Awesome! The reason I asked is because I've heard that many of the resort pools undergo refurbishment in the winter - but I'm hoping for at least one warm day to swim!
June 2010 - CSR
May 1991 - Offsite
Old 12-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #217
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

You know, I saw that the slide was closed in Jan for refurb (maybe Feb...) let me see if I can find that info. the pool was not listed, but the slide was.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #218
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

This is what I found earlier:

Jan. 17  Feb. 1, 2013: Dig Site feature pool slide will be closed for refurbishment. The Pool will remain open.

Not sure if that's still up to date or not. You guys should be ok!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #219
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I couldn't disagree more with your assessment of the transportation. We have spent a total of 2 full months at WDW in the last 4 years. All of it in the month of December at some of the busiest times. We don't rent a car and use strictly Disney transportation other than the odd cab ride. I can say that there is no doubt in my mind that the Mod resorts have consistently the best bus service at WDW. And the funny thing is I would rate WL as probably one of the worst for bus transportation. Yes the boat to MK is very good, but to take a bus to anywhere else to or from WL takes forever. They don't have as many buses because it is smaller than the Mods and the trek through the campground to get to WL makes for the longest bus ride at WDW. The Deluxe resorts are very convenient for the parks they are close to, but the ones you have to bus too are second rate compared to Mods. Shared buses makes for very long bus rides compared to CSR. Sorry you had a bad experience, but IMO this isn't the norm.

There will always be stories of people waiting too long for a bus, but CSR is consistently reviewed as having excellent bus service.
I agree. Besides CSR, we have stayed at Poly (twice), AKL, Beach Club (twice), OKW and Boardwalk. CSR has consistently had much better bus service than any of the deluxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
It is true - I didn't mean to suggest there was any question about it. Pepper Market will have a new menu, which will include make your own burritos, including wet burritos. That is the item I miss most from their old menu.

Pepper Market continues to be a great value on the DDP with nicer entrees like chicken or steak fajitas, plus the return of Mickey waffles for breakfast! The value of the DDP in general remains in question, though.

Buzz has posted the new menu on his site, but I haven't found a link I can post here yet.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #220
JustMinnie
The TF's notice everyone and everything...

It's official!! Made reservations this morning for CSR. We'll be there May 18 thru the 25. Can not wait!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #221
mkacar24
Mouseketeer

Made our reservations for our first trip to Coronado! Staying June 4th-12th and this thread has me loving our decision. Thanks!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #222
Gooshy
Mouseketeer

Made our resies for CSR we will be there June 6-11 The resort sounds really nice. We will be chillin like a villen by the pool on the 6th We got a king room. I just hope we dont get a view of the parking lot...

momma ,pappa ,brother bear (8) ,sister bear(2) and cupcake
Old 12-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #223
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Just to pipe in on the bus chatter... we stayed at CSR twice, during President's Week both times, and had stellar bus service. We never waited very long, never had to stand, and it doesn't take very long to make the loop through the resort. I am very hesitant to stay at any other mod because I've had such great experiences with CSR's transportation in the past.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 12-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #224
mouselike-harrier
Mouseketeer

I 100% agree with CSR's bus service. It was the best we ever experienced. Now that we are DVC owners, we stayed at Kidani village on our last trip. We longingly looked at all the CSR buses arriving to our still waiting for the AKL bus to come. We love CSR!

Old 12-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #225
hopeforus
Mouseketeer

business class?

How do you book this? There is not a b.c. option on the website.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: