Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
browerjs
Mouseketeer

Big 2 year old - Proof of age?

We'll be going to WDW in early Feb, a couple weeks before my DS turns 3. He is very big for his age, nearly 40" already. Will I need some kind of proof that he is 2? If so, what? Just a copy of his birth certificate?
browerjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs
We'll be going to WDW in early Feb, a couple weeks before my DS turns 3. He is very big for his age, nearly 40" already. Will I need some kind of proof that he is 2? If so, what? Just a copy of his birth certificate?
You won't need it, but bring it if it makes you feel better.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
browerjs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
You won't need it, but bring it if it makes you feel better.
So when you enter the park, do you just tell them that he's 2? Is it as simple as that?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post
So when you enter the park, do you just tell them that he's 2? Is it as simple as that?
Yes.
Simple as that.

Disney does not ask parents to bring proof.
They just ask that parents be honest.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

But be aware that they may ask him how old he is at all you can eat meals where he is free. Never had a question at the gates but more than once at Character meals we have had Cm's ask our on the boarder child how old he was. They answered the right age (some kids don't), or some crazy age number, and it was no biggie. We have carried a, reduced to credit card size, copy of the birth certificate. Never needed it. I have heard, but never confirmed that CM's are not allowed to ask for proof but just take your word. My youngest would always give a "teen" number for how old he was for years. At two he would tell people he was 14!
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post
~We arrived at WDW a few days before DS's third birthday. My DS is also tall for his age and we had no problems, even at the character & buffet meals. Officially, as long as your child is two when you first arrive at Disney, he/she will be fine for the duration of your trip. It wouldn't hurt to make a copy of the birth certificate, if it gives you piece of mind, but it's not necessary. Have fun!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #7
browerjs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSANDRA View Post
But be aware that they may ask him how old he is at all you can eat meals where he is free. Never had a question at the gates but more than once at Character meals we have had Cm's ask our on the boarder child how old he was. They answered the right age (some kids don't), or some crazy age number, and it was no biggie. We have carried a, reduced to credit card size, copy of the birth certificate. Never needed it. I have heard, but never confirmed that CM's are not allowed to ask for proof but just take your word. My youngest would always give a "teen" number for how old he was for years. At two he would tell people he was 14!
He has actually started saying that he's 3 occasionally if you ask him, I think he's excited because his birthday is coming up. I like the idea of a small copy of the birth certificate.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
Suellen
DIS Veteran

I for sure would bring it! I've been humiliated at the gate with my then 2 year old who was 40 inches. She was also an early talker (5 months old) so by the time she was almost three (this happened in March and she didnt turn three until July) she had an amazing vocabulary and very clear words. The old man CM let us in but rolled his wyes at me and said "that's what they ALL say!" after I told him she was under three. I wished I'd had her birth certificate with me. Then we were charged for her at all buffets. Unfortunately I didn't know until we arrived home (DH always pays - I never usually even look at the bill) when I called GR I was told that if the child takes a plate the charge is correct. They are only free if they eat off your plate.

That was probably our worst CM interaction trip ever. When we went back that April - we decided to up her age to three And but her a ticket and dining plan.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
julieanddanny
Mouseketeer

We didn't have any problems or questions with our larger almost 3 yr old. If fact he was tall enough for btmrr!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #10
Robo

Carrying a "birth certificate" proves nothing.
Why?

If a guest wants to scam the system, it's very easy to print one up.

So, if you don't want to have a CM "look at you funny" it really won't matter if you have a "certificate"
or not. That CM may think your certificate is a phony.

If you know your child is under three, just say so, and ignore any "looks."
Old 12-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
Suellen
DIS Veteran

I would have felt better had I had it.

My second tiny skinny mini child could have gotten in as under three until she turned 5. Now she is super tall though. Funny I never once tried to sneak her in - we just shelled out for her AP the July after she turned three. That is best part is I would t have snuck someone in. Oh well - those years are behind me now!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #12
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

We went in September with 2 2 year olds a month shy of their 3rd birthday. They are tall for their age and most people thought they were 3 many months before. We were asked once by a cm and that was it.

We also travel to WDW with some friends who have two daughters. Both went just before they turned 3 and they are tall girls, very well spoken, and look much older IMO. They were never questioned. We also took a trip after the younger girl was 3 by several months. They didn't buy a ticket and they were never asked (no flames, not my kid and not my decision, I thought it was wrong).
Old 12-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
huhwhat
Mouseketeer

just snap a pic of the BC with your phone
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #14
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Who cares what a particular CM thinks???? Honestly someone who brings a birth certificate looks guiltier to me than someone who just honestly answers the question.

DS7 was a very big 2yo(40+) and I was never once asked. I never once worried about it....because they really don't care.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #15
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhat View Post
just snap a pic of the BC with your phone
Sorry, that might be the least effective "proof" ever.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: